hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Madness, completely stupid.

Not to undermine the great work they do, but wondering why I pay an amount (albeit small) to HSL when the club clearly doesn't need the extra £150k or so that would have been generated in selling these tickets to the OF.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well done Hibs it's what we wanted.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apart from the fact we make £0 from food sales, and we will not sell 0 tickets in the south stand. Fairly sure we won’t be cash strapped in January
    There will be many more spaces in the home stands in the ground than Hibs tickets sold for the south stand

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Madness, completely stupid.

Not to undermine the great work they do, but wondering why I pay an amount (albeit small) to HSL when the club clearly doesn't need the extra £150k or so that would have been generated in selling these tickets to the OF.
    Because that's not the case.
    Per match, we might lose out on circa 1,200 tickets?
    Let's say half are concessions. So average price £21?
    Loss isn't even £30k per match.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Well done Hibs it's what we wanted.

Great comment mate, tickets for both games been on sale for four hours. 2 sold in south for Rangers game and 1 for Celtic game.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The club can never win. For the last few years we have said we should cut allocatios,do season tickets in the South etc. The club do it and you get supporters moaning.

Why not encourage more Hibs
    supporters to come along?
    I agree with you Pat It's the Run of form though that makes if a difficult sell at the moment Be interested to see how quickly the first blocks go

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post

1800 away fans I believe.. the stand holds 3800 .. that’s 2000 tickets unsold you’ll be lucky if we sell a handful.. wasn’t aware we are in a position to throw away roughly 80 grand.. as an above poster has said people are making donations to HSL in the hope it can make us more competitive and yet it appears somebody at our club thinks it’s ok to turn down this extra revenue..

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=Juniper Greens;5627199]Because that's not the case.

Poor maths mate. Both have been given 2300 tickets thats more than 1500 tickets at £30. When the so called big 3 are here there are only a few hundred concessions. Yes we might sell a few hundred but will be much more than a £30k loss.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Daydreamer;5627206]

Poor maths mate. Both have been given 2300 tickets thats more than 1500 tickets at £30. When the so called big 3 are here there are only a few hundred concessions. Yes we might sell a few hundred but will be much more than a £30k loss.
    Thought they were given 1,500, but if they did get 2,300, that’s more than fair and reasonable for them. Just hope we can move a thousand or so for each game

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Great comment mate, tickets for both games been on sale for four hours. 2 sold in south for Rangers game and 1 for Celtic game.
    Games both tomorrow are they?

Left by mutual consent!
    i bet those slating the club for not taking the old firm money are those that slate kilmarnock, St johnstone etc for pandering to the old firm. I'm glad the club have stood up to them, wish they'd cut their allocation further.... but maybe it's proving we don't need a 20k stadium after all...

Only £25 of that £30 goes to Hibs, so if the whole 1500 were to be sold at full price and if we sell no extra tickets the lost revenue is £37,500 for the Celtc game and possibly nil for the Sevco game as they were probably not going to take the full stand anyway.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-87/

It's not poor maths mate.
    You are saying that we will sell zero tickets, which is rubbish. Additionally, £30 is the adult price. Allowing for kids and OAPs, I think my numbers were more realistic.
    Finally, letting fewer of them in, does increase our chance of winning and makes the whole of ER a nicer place to be

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    The less tickets we give them the better as far as I’m concerned! **** them!

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Yes

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Ffs show some respect please.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Fife-hibee has just shown the Ugly Sisters all the respect they deserve. **** them both.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The club can never win. For the last few years we have said we should cut allocatios,do season tickets in the South etc. The club do it and you get supporters moaning.

Why not encourage more Hibs
    supporters to come along?
    I'm all for it, well done Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Respect to what? One of our biggest rivals? **** that, and **** them.

Hibs are entitled to stop with the nicey/nicey PR and say, Hibs fans, you wanted this, we’ve delivered your wish, now back us and snap up the tickets. Need to change the approach.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    There will be many more spaces in the home stands in the ground than Hibs tickets sold for the south stand
    But not available to buy. So your point is null and void. Under 300 available in ‘home’ stands as it sits now. We will sell far more than 300 in the ‘away’ end before kick offs.

Sporting advantage is far more important than money at this stage.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Respect to what? One of our biggest rivals? **** that, and **** them.

Hibs are entitled to stop with the nicey/nicey PR and say, Hibs fans, you wanted this, we’ve delivered your wish, now back us and snap up the tickets. Need to change the approach.
    Deary me. I’m no Celtic fan but after everything they’ve done for us the very least we can do is show them a bit of respect and gratitude ffs.
    Last edited by My_Wife_Camille; 10-12-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Deary me. I’m no Celtic fan but after everything they’ve done for us the very least we can do this s show them a bit of respect and gratitude ffs.
    😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Deary me. I’m no Celtic fan but after everything they’ve done for us the very least we can do is show them a bit of respect and gratitude ffs.
    Has your account been hacked?
    If I had my way I wouldn’t give either of them one ****ing ticket !

You having a laugh? 😂

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    Surely the less celtic supporters in the stadium will mean less support for their team and hence less likely to get a win. If Hibs get a point or three, then more people will come to our next match and so increase our income in future matches. So it's not as simple as people here are making out.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    Surely the less celtic supporters in the stadium will mean less support for their team and hence less likely to get a win. If Hibs get a point or three, then more people will come to our next match and so increase our income in future matches. So it's not as simple as people here are making out.
    Exactly, we’ve went from slating our board for putting football second to finances, and now we’re slating them for doing the opposite. Cannot win.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Exactly, we’ve went from slating our board for putting football second to finances, and now we’re slating them for doing the opposite. Cannot win.
    The club can't win, they're putting their own supporters first!! What do they do? Piss off their own fans who may be future STs/regular walk ups or piss off the OF. I know which way it prefer.

I understand the need to strengthen and maximise income but this is more a long term strategy to look after our own first and not rely on OF money. One I applaud

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    The club can't win, they're putting their own supporters first!! What do they do? Piss off their own fans who may be future STs/regular walk ups or piss off the OF. I know which way it prefer.

I understand the need to strengthen and maximise income but this is more a long term strategy to look after our own first and not rely on OF money. One I applaud
    That would be a valid point if there were no tickets left in the home stand, but there are easily a couple of hundred left for Celtic, with about 3 sold in the South.

So about 2000 will be unsold for the South, £30 x 2000 = £60k, minus VAT and possibly some concession prices.

Expensive way to make a statement/prove a point....

Expect we will sell some more for Rangers, but still big loss of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post

Some posters on here been howling for this for years and now its come they want to slaughter the club for having the audacity to do it.

Any reason to boot the club is fair game I suppose for some supporters

No issue with the club at all doing this, even if it means a slight financial hit. Only problem is they should've offered the south from the very start and promoted it, instead leaving it to about 5 days before the game. The hit isn't going to be as big as people make it either, there are no restrictions now for concessions. Alot of the extra 1800 tickets to Celtic/Huns would've been students/under 18's/pensioners/chancers then 20% of that ticket is skimmed off and given straight to HMRC. We also used to only get 14k for some OF games when we were utter ***** and managed, with 18k there i'm sure we'll be alright.

The cynic in me thinks this will the last time we'll cut their allocations. The board can then justify giving them back their usual 3900 and tell us they've tried and it failed, which will probably be a case of fair-enough...