hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure it was a dumper truck with the young players standing in it with the trophy’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds about right

Thank god I’ve still got my marbles 😁👍🏾

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Lawnmower with a table and green table cloth over it.

Cannae believe that was 46 years ago.

Gilzean cartoon would have ben a good one in the news on the Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Yip was more lawmower than flat back 😁

Yes, looked like a gardeners machine you’d see the janny using at school. I went down to the front wall to get close to it.

This thread is fantastic. Loving every story, even the guys who didn’t make it through.

I’ve got the Gilzean book/album does anyone remember his wee shop at the top of the stairs at the fleshmarket close

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Well, we all have our stories from that final, I suppose. I was 18 years old. I had been married, to my lovely wife at that tender age, and was a bit o' a nutter to be honest. the wife and I are still together and she sometimes wonders how it is so! . However, at the game I do remember the Glesga Polis wading in and making some random arrests just before half time in the Hibs end near the Celtic fans .Being the way I was at the time, I decided it was "rather unfair" so decided to kick a Sargent right up the arse!. I was promptly arrested as I did not see his Constable behind me!. I was then thrown into a waggon full o' Celtic fans and a fat speccy barsteward said to me...…..you wan o' they hibby cants? am gonnae get you when we get tae the big hoose! my response was, AYE Ya Ya Fat Weegie, JIST DAE IT NOW!!!!!.He shat hisel and his buddies laughed their c/ocks off. It ended off, that 3 of us from the Porty bus ended up arrested, and we all spent the weekend in Craigie Street Polis station.Fat Boab, fi Garthamlock soon changed his tune when we ganged up on him and his daft mates btw. we then went to the Glasgow Sherriff court and my best mate said....plead guilty, I just got a £50 fine. the other 2 of us did that, and were both remanded for a total of 18 days in a big hoose in Riddrie. I actually stayed in Niddrie, and would rather have stayed there than in Barlinnie Jail .Certainly a learning curve in my life, and I do remember watching a Film there on the 27th of December in the chapel. Steptoe and son, what a classic.! Added to that, I had the prospect of looking forward to the birth of my first child(my young wife was happy of me being in Glasgow as you can imagine) I was eventually released from penal certitude with a nominal fine, and have been a a loyal and upstanding citizen since then. !! the trouble is, my wife told me that if I had even a thought of going to the Derby game in January (0-7) she would walk oot the door! . My first born son warrived on 11/01/73. a bouncing baby hibbie . such is life
    Remember it all to well Willie,was a big note the fine tho,don't think you &McDonald ever got the snout I handed I for you.Weegies at their best eh!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    THE CUP PRESENTATION

WHAT NO PITCH INVASION?

HOW VERY 1972!

https://youtu.be/7x5U3x-VRMk
    I have an Edinburgh Evening News Souvenir Scottish League Cup Final poster by Gilzean signed by King Paddy anyone remember them?

It appeared in Rentons room in the film Trainspotting and in the above video.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I have an Edinburgh Evening News Souvenir Scottish League Cup Final poster by Gilzean signed by King Paddy anyone remember them?

It appeared in Rentons room in the film Trainspotting and in the above video.

I still have some available for those who are looking for that wee stocking filler, while supporting Marie Curie.
    (Cycling North Coast 500 Aug 2019)

As part of my fundraising, this 46-year-old poster (A2 size 420 x 594) Reproduced by permission.
    £10 + p&p Or could meet at Game(s)

Drop a PM - GGTTH

18425272_836500903164663_3246880559250456073_n.jpg

18556247_842069492607804_8502800291847556472_n.jpg
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 10-12-2018 at 09:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    I’ve got the Gilzean book/album does anyone remember his wee shop at the top of the stairs at the fleshmarket close
    Loved it. Used to go there quite a bit. Still got a couple of his books/cartoon drawings somewhere.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Loved it. Used to go there quite a bit. Still got a couple of his books/cartoon drawings somewhere.

Imagine putting a few seasons worth of the Gilzean cartoons in a book. They were excellent. Wonder how/ if it could be done?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Imagine putting a few seasons worth of the Gilzean cartoons in a book. They were excellent. Wonder how/ if it could be done?
    I need to get up the loft as I think that's just what I had, a book of his cartoons from the EEN. Mind you the crate it's in has been moved around the country a few times.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Aye remember those badges he did, I had one with 'gie us a nod big dode '
    with a picture of George Stewart scoring a header

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    One I can say...I wusnae there!

It was East of Scotland Cup day, and I remember playing in a ‘can’t miss ‘ game at St Marks Park and putting a couple past Leith Athletic Goalie Charlie Groom.

Actually got the result at the top of Easter Road where I walked to to get a Pink News and approaching the paper seller bumped into a guy called Gerry Herriot who played for rivals Links United and was coincidentally a Celtic supporter.

He told me the score at the top of Easter Road and my fitba boots went skywards in celebration!

Strange how some things stick in your mind when it comes to Hibs......had no contact with the two guys mentioned since that day, but they are forever stuck in the memory banks due to the Hibs winning the League Cup!

My dad has just read this post and has told me that he has a connection with the 2 guys you mention. He worked with Charlie until a year or 2 back when he retired and Gerry is his brother in law. Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by tynehibs View Post
    Aye remember those badges he did, I had one with 'gie us a nod big dode '
    with a picture of George Stewart scoring a header
    That's one of Gilzean's badges in my avatar, I bought it from his shop in Fleshmarket Close not long after that eventful day at tynecastle
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.