hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Boyle was down injured someone shouted something along the lines of Mavrias, I wish that was you.

Another behind me was shouting constantly at Kamberi even though it was Shaw who had the ball at times.
    You sure it wasn't Lennon 😂😂😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Thanks as ever John. Having just seen the highlights i think Oli deserves more recognition for his goal. It was a superb, controlled finish & we've missed countless easier chances this season. Well played Oli.
    Last edited by brog; 09-12-2018 at 12:18 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Agree with the report sir and once again Ambrose and Porteous solid. The penalty shout I watched Madden carefully and he maybe never gave it after the shambles at the Hearts game midweek but definitely thought about it.
    Thought Kamberi worked his socks off and gave the other front players the space for chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Agree with the report sir and once again Ambrose and Porteous solid. The penalty shout I watched Madden carefully and he maybe never gave it after the shambles at the Hearts game midweek but definitely thought about it.
    Thought Kamberi worked his socks off and gave the other front players the space for chances.
    Kamberi’s work rate was night and day compared to the last few weeks.

His touch was much better as well.

First Team Regular
    When Boyle was down injured someone shouted something along the lines of Mavrias, I wish that was you.

Another behind me was shouting constantly at Kamberi even though it was Shaw who had the ball at times.
    That is outrageous. I can't understand why a supporter would act like this to any player never mind one of our own

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Good summary, tho in the first half there were a lot of dissenting voices in our end. Guy behind me worst I've heard in my recent memory, slagging off every one of our players at every opportunity. I sincerely hope I never encounter him again

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    I had a guy behind we who slagged Lewy off from first minute to 120th minute (due to extended length of match) never been so close in my life to wanting to punch a fellow hibee honestly

Great summary again and I pretty much agree...thought efe and Porto were outstanding and are now our 1st choice centre half pairing imo...Slivka had his best game in ages and Horgan and Hyndman changed the game very much in our favour. Great finish by Olly and Flo was much better also.

Not a polished performance but in the context of our season a massive 3pts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Borderhibbie76; 09-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agree that Slivka has flattered to deceive. Hopefully he starts pushing on from here because we could definitely do with a more rounded midfielder like him. Thought he was good on Wednesday when he came on and although I didn’t manage to make it through to Hamilton yesterday it sounds like he impressed again.
    He was pretty solid mate and had an excellent 2nd half...funny that considering he was finally played in his correct position...which in all honest hasn't happened too often so far. Our most rounded midfielder at present imo ( not that it's difficult) but he needs an extended run in the engine room at least till Jan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same guy I reckon, G. Non stop and brainless
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Slivka is a boss.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    That is outrageous. I can't understand why a supporter would act like this to any player never mind one of our own

Yep, the lad has played 2 games for us and done reasonably well in both imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Same guy I reckon, G. Non stop and brainless

Yeah that sounds like them. Relentless abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Slivka is a boss.

Great player, underestimated by many and gets a hard time on here for some reason.

@hibs.net private member
    Great player, underestimated by many and gets a hard time on here for some reason.
    Really? Not seen that yet ..certainly got a lot about him, but his impact not at the level it needs to be ...think he’s had about 8-10 really good performances since he came ...needs to do a lot more to be considered “great”

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Really? Not seen that yet ..certainly got a lot about him, but his impact not at the level it needs to be ...think he’s had about 8-10 really good performances since he came ...needs to do a lot more to be considered “great”
    Think it might help if we get to see him in a consistent number of games. He rarely seems to start loads of games in a row.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Agree. He’s shown flashes but not nearly enough. Whatever the reason for that whether it’s lack of run of games, played out of position etc there’s certainly not been evidence on even close to a consistent basis of a great player. Hopefully this can be the start of him showing it now, after 2 good performances in a row the jersey should be his to lose.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Slivka is a boss.

Slivka is a boss.
    Bosses run games Slivka couldnae run a bath!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Thats the spirit.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Hasn’t done enough at Hibs. Fair enough, last season he had formidable competition for his preferred position but this season there have been opportunities to cement a place. Thus far he hasn’t been good enough. I like his style and think he is decent technically, but not assertive enough. He’s far removed from being a great player, though he may prove us wrong yet.

Aye and Shaw's time is running out

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Thats the spirit.
    Would be delighted if he proved me wrong had loads of opportunities but just no assertive or tough enough lately he has been an improvement on what has gone before but has still to establish himself as a first pick after how many years?

Flits in and out of games but just no commanding enough

I have yet to see him grab a game by the scruff of the neck dictate the pace or tempo of a game as I said would be delighted to be proved wrong there is a great footballer hiding in there somewhere

Lets see what happens Sunday

Not holding my breath.
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-12-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Would be delighted if he proved me wrong had loads of opportunities but just no assertive or tough enough lately he has been an improvement on what has gone before but has still to establish himself as a first pick after how many years?

Flits in and out of games but just no commanding enough

I have yet to see him grab a game a game by the scruff of the neck dictate the pace or tempo of a game as I said would be delighted to be proved wrong there is a great footballer hiding in there somewhere

Lets see what happens Sunday

Not holding my breath.
    Hes had very few opportunities in the correct team set up. Very similar to Emerson in that respect. Emerson is 100% a number 10 that needs 2 forwards ahead to utilise him best. Slivka needs to play in a tighter midfield not chucked out wide right or left - where he has been poor for us. Both are good ball players and have shown that when we play them in those areas. Our biggest issue this season is the constant chopping and changing of formation and personnel. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Ha Ha!

You really need to keep up to date:

Lawrence Shankland thread

”We need Olly to burst into life and prove the doubters wrong”

TIME FOR HEROES

Skipping press conferences thread

” Well done Olly”

Match Day thread versus Hamilton

“Never doubted him for a minute”

Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-12-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Hes had very few opportunities in the correct team set up. Very similar to Emerson in that respect. Emerson is 100% a number 10 that needs 2 forwards ahead to utilise him best. Slivka needs to play in a tighter midfield not chucked out wide right or left - where he has been poor for us. Both are good ball players and have shown that when we play them in those areas. Our biggest issue this season is the constant chopping and changing of formation and personnel. IMO
    Cannae argue with that pretty much how I see it.

Would be delighted for the boy if he kicks on and cements his place as a centre mid

Big test Sunday

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I agree with that. Problem with people like Hyndman is that they’re such role-specific players that you almost need to build the team around them to allow them to play exactly where they need to. That’s fine if you’ve got the mercurial talent of someone like Scott Allan but so far he’s not shown enough IMO for us to do that. If there happens to be a need for a number 10 behind two forwards then by all means give him a go. Problem is if you don’t want to play that way (which can happen fairly regularly, whether it’s because of one upfront or playing a 4-4-2) then there’s nowhere to put him (or other players of his ilk).

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Oh! Forgot my piece d resistance

Mallan and MacLaren thread

”The boy needs a break before the break and simply must seize the moment”

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I agree with that. Problem with people like Hyndman is that they’re such role-specific players that you almost need to build the team around them to allow them to play exactly where they need to. That’s fine if you’ve got the mercurial talent of someone like Scott Allan but so far he’s not shown enough IMO for us to do that. If there happens to be a need for a number 10 behind two forwards then by all means give him a go. Problem is if you don’t want to play that way (which can happen fairly regularly, whether it’s because of one upfront or playing a 4-4-2) then there’s nowhere to put him (or other players of his ilk).
    The problem with trying to build a team around one player is how to adapt if that player gets injured or suspended. It's very difficult to have a half-decent understudy who rarely plays, so the rest of the players then have to adapt to a different system which is not impossible but does make it trickier.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.