hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Safety net behind the goal

I cant recall this from the last time I was at Hamilton, but was surprised the safety net behind the goal to catch stray shots was a permanent fixture - assumed the thing would be dropped after the pre match warm up. I was up the back so it didn't obstruct my view, but did this impede the viewing further down the stand? I think its safe to say the view from the disabled section must have been awful.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cant recall this from the last time I was at Hamilton, but was surprised the safety net behind the goal to catch stray shots was a permanent fixture - assumed the thing would be dropped after the pre match warm up. I was up the back so it didn't obstruct my view, but did this impede the viewing further down the stand? I think its safe to say the view from the disabled section must have been awful.
    I thought it may have been there for health and safety reasons due to the food being sold at open windows behind the the goal. Stray shots going towards hot drinks wouldn't be great.

Put me in mind of cowdenbeath.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Do Hamilton still have those pathetic gazebos? 😁

It was definitely there last season as well. It's bad enough in the disabled section there but this just makes it worse. Horrible ground.

First Team Breakthrough EL Green's Avatar
    Yup, sitting in row B behind the goals, I also thought it would be dropped once the match started. Better still thrown over Bobby Madden, drawn tight and dropped into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Green View Post
    Yup, sitting in row B behind the goals, I also thought it would be dropped once the match started. Better still thrown over Bobby Madden, drawn tight and dropped into the sea.
    😂 ***** floats, though.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It was definitely there last season as well. It's bad enough in the disabled section there but this just makes it worse. Horrible ground.
    This is exactly the sort of issue that fans reps should be highlighting with the rest of the board, and to register dissatisfaction with the facilities offered to disabled supporters at grounds such as this. They have a huge expanse of free space round the ground to provide better facilities for disabled supporters than those that are currently offered.

This is exactly the sort of issue that fans reps should be highlighting with the rest of the board, and to register dissatisfaction with the facilities offered to disabled supporters at grounds such as this. They have a huge expanse of free space round the ground to provide better facilities for disabled supporters than those that are currently offered.
    I noticed for the first time today that their own wheelchair section in the main stand is actually halfway up in their stand and would have a perfect view of the pitch. Compare that with the shambles of a view they give the away fans in wheelchairs, it's really not good enough.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    One of them was in row B too so will be aware.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I thought it may have been there for health and safety reasons due to the food being sold at open windows behind the the goal. Stray shots going towards hot drinks wouldn't be great.
    Mibbies a net in front of the food sale area would be better - smaller and cheaper .