hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oli Shaw

Delighted for him today....a goal in each of the last 2 games. At a time when we need players to step up, Shaw has put more experienced players in the Hibs squad to shame.

He doesn’t hide, which has taken courage given our recent run.

Keep up the good form Ollie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don’t have stats to hand, perhaps someone can help?, but I would guess his goals to minutes ratio is up there with any of his predecessors

For someone so tall he barely wins anything in the air. I like Shaw though, always gives 100% and his goals recently have been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delighted for him today....a goal in each of the last 2 games. At a time when we need players to step up, Shaw has put more experienced players in the Hibs squad to shame.

He doesn’t hide, which has taken courage given our recent run.

Keep up the good form Ollie.
    Yup both him and Porto are putting some more experienced squad members to shame at the moment...they have both stepped right up in the last 2 games..some more experienced squad members should take note ...

Thought both olly and Porto were 2 of our best today along with Hyndman and Ambrose

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Watch Steven Fletcher and Deek when they were 20 year olds - Deek in particular was about 8 stone in a rainstorm. Yes, he may need to work on upper body but he makes up for it meantime with his instincts and positioning. You don't need to be 'physical' for that kind of game / movement.
    Ok, what was Dereks game?

He had pace (didn’t last long), never won a header and rarely beat a defender with a trick.

Ollie Shaw is completely different from Derek. Ollie Shaw needs to hit the weights and improve his bottle (too many half hearted 50:50’s).

Keep going Ollie, but keep grafting!

Definitely not the finished article, but has huge potential to go far. Lennon could be the right manager to give him the self belief and arrogance he needs to be a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by pentlando View Post
    I thought he did verylittle else than score goals last season but noticed a big improvement in his all round game since the start of this season. I think he's the most natural goalscorer we've produced in my lifetime (30 next month)
    The key reason I rate him is that he is a "natural goal scorer". This is a "gift" that few footballers have.

Yes, he is still a work in progress, but what a gift to have.

PS: I'm still incensed him being denied that "winner" against The Jambos by incompetent officials.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 08-12-2018 at 11:11 PM.

That's 4 points he's gained us the last 2 games (with the help of others I know)

Shaw has has done very well, getting to where he is at this stage. scored in the last 2 games, and hit the post at the Killie game. if it had went other side, it was a goal which brought us right back in. not the finished article, as many have said but going in the right direction pretty fast

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Oli Shaw's havin' a party.
    Bring the vodka.....

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Watson View Post
    I don’t have stats to hand, perhaps someone can help?, but I would guess his goals to minutes ratio is up there with any of his predecessors
    I would have thought it would compare very favourably with any of our previous young strikers. The guys a goal machine.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Watson View Post
    This season for Shaw it looks like 9 starts, 5 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This season for Shaw it looks like 9 starts, 5 goals.
    That is an impressive stat.

Definitely in our best interest to keep persevering with young Oli and getting behind him. Look at the lad Shankland the Don's let go. Sometimes it's just game time and experience these lads need to really reach there full potential.

Testimonial Due
    Cliff Pike mistook Shaw for Kamberi on the goal, he's bulked up enough to pass for Flo!

Cracking young player with bags of talent and knows how to score, more game time will only see him get better.