hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

Hearts' Bigoted Suppoty

We not allowed to discuss this?

edit: if someone could sort that typo that would be appreciated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It appears not

Flies always follow *****. Big problems with that support.

I’m not a moderator, but I’d hope that we can, but it needs to be discussed without some sort of triumphant attitude. What happened at Tynecastle today (and indeed what’s been creeping in there for a little while now) is not something to be laughed at, or mocked, or used to make ourselves feel better. We have racists and ********s in our support too. I accept that currently it’s not very prevalent at Easter Road, and long may that continue, but we are not squeaky clean on this issue and some Hibs fans would do well to remember that.

On the issue itself, I hope the ****my, racist *******s get the book thrown at them, and I know that 99% of Hearts’ support would be fully behind that statement too. We may be rivals but we should be united against racism and bigotry in all its forms.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We can discuss it folk can discuss it without insulting other users.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    What are we looking to achieve from it? That the hearts support are full of fuds and we have the moral high ground? If it's a concern to you, then report it to the authorities. I'm all for sticking it to Hearts, but not when it comes to things like this. The idiots that participate in such behaviour aren't worth the attention that they crave.

Imagine how irrelevant somebody like Tommy Robinson would be if the media just blanked him out altogether.

around 20 of them involved? Wow! What a disgusting bunch of bigoted, racist muppets Hearts fans are. This, remember, from the same stand Budge sits in. How utterly, utterly embarrassed she should be. Deplorable behaviour. Not a good time right now for Budge and all. They don't seem to be doing anything to root out their problem. In fact, they seem to encourage it in my opinion. Horrible, horrible little outfit. No wonder they are detested, just like their big full fat bigoted pals from Glasgow that they aspire to be.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can discuss it folk can discuss it without insulting other users.
    That would make sense, seems a bit extreme to say the least to close an important discussion because of a few petty insults which could easily have been deleted.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    What are we looking to achieve from it? That the hearts support are full of fuds and we have the moral high ground? If it's a concern to you, then report it to the authorities. I'm all for sticking it to Hearts, but not when it comes to things like this. The idiots that participate in such behaviour aren't worth the attention that they crave.

Imagine how irrelevant somebody like Tommy Robinson would be if the media just blanked him out altogether.
    Well there's a few black men today who were racially abused for turning up to play a game of football, they would probably disagree with you; as would the Motherwell manager, as would Hearts themselves, and as would most decent people.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    That would make sense, seems a bit extreme to say the least to close an important discussion because of a few petty insults which could easily have been deleted.
    The thread was only going one way imho, and I didn't fancy spending my evening sending individual posts out dishing out warnings, so closed the thread.

Happy to let this one run of it stays on topic.

What happened?

Wonder what the three black Hearts players who started today make of this.

Glad two got arrested. Now arrest the other 18. And name and shame them in the press. Make them lose their livelihoods. Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The thread was only going one way imho, and I didn't fancy spending my evening sending individual posts out dishing out warnings, so closed the thread.

Happy to let this one run of it stays on topic.
    wind up merchants.... **** them

Well there's a few black men today who were racially abused for turning up to play a game of football, they would probably disagree with you; as would the Motherwell manager, as would Hearts themselves, and as would most decent people.
    I can see his point, though. He’s not saying that racism shouldn’t be called out, just that we should be careful as rival fans not to stray into gloating that a 22 year old substitute got racially abused by absolute dickheads. Personally, I don’t need their fans to be racist for me to dislike Hearts, and I just hope they can fix this fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    What happened?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46496089

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    What happened?
    A group of 10-20 people in that corner of bigots that Hearts have near the away stand were racially abusing Motherwell players, two have been arrested so far.

Needs to be highlighted. Not just because it's Hearts, but because it's not acceptable.

Shall we just ignore it and not talk about it?

I'm not condoning racist behaviour. However, the sad pond life who choose to participate in such behaviour do so, because they know it will be talked about.

I say report them to the authorities and starve them of any futher attention. They thrive on being noticed and generating public outrage. Let's not give it to them.

Hope they get done and punished.
    However, grade A rocket behind me today calling Hibs players dicks, poofs, and worse.
    Please go and don't come back

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm not condoning racist behaviour. However, the sad pond life who choose to participate in such behaviour do so, because they know it will be talked about.

I say report them to the authorities and starve them of any futher attention. They thrive on being noticed and generating public outrage. Let's not give it to them.
    Name and shame them in public and they lose their jobs. Simple.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

Same for Rangers and their bigots as well? Ignore it because they want attention? That has worked well for Scottish football eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Needs to be highlighted. Not just because it's Hearts, but because it's not acceptable.

Shall we just ignore it and not talk about it?
    All acts of racism should be reported and dealt with accordingly. The wee saddos would love to get their faces in the papers and on the news. They should be reported and starved of public attention

The right wing bigoted element in the Hearts support is growing and getting more vocal. Recent events (esp Steven Yaxley-Lennon) confirm that. Worrying times.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Same for Rangers and their bigots as well? Ignore it because they want attention? Ridiculous idea.
    Well I don't know about you, but I want racism to stop. Racism won't stop if we continue to give racists what they want, which is exactly what we're doing by giving them the attention.

Simply talking about it, isn't going to make the problem go away. Only reporting it and starving them of attention is going to make them bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Hope they get done and punished.
    However, grade A rocket behind me today calling Hibs players dicks, poofs, and worse.
    Please go and don't come back

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    And yet some people still question the validity of the Stonewall rainbow laces/armband campaign, saddening.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Well I don't know about you, but I want racism to stop. Racism won't stop if we continue to give racists what they want, which is exactly what we're doing by giving them the attention.

Simply talking about it, isn't going to make the problem go away. Only reporting it and starving them of attention is going to make them bored of it.
    Where did I, or anyone, say that?

How has avoiding giving Rangers' bigotry attention worked out?

All acts of racism should be reported and dealt with accordingly. The wee saddos would love to get their faces in the papers and on the news. They should be reported and starved of public attention
    Disagree. The best way to rid society of this kind of thing is to make it as public as possible.

Show their faces. Let everyone see and condem them. Make examples of these people.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hearts support is racist water is wet

Quote Originally Posted by IDHibs View Post
    Jeezo

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by IDHibs View Post
    If you'd like to keep posting, you might want to tone it down a bit.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net