hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emerson Hyndman

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Hyndman was great yesterday and his efforts had an immediate effect on those around him including the hoards behind the goal. Between him and Porteous for MOM for me.
    Horgan also made an impact when he appeared.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not convinced....needs to stay injury free and have a consistent run of good games in the team before Lennon should consider an extension to the loan deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not convinced....needs to stay injury free and have a consistent run of good games in the team before Lennon should consider an extension to the loan deal.
    Lennon has already said that

Allan was half fit last season and look what he did for us. Take him in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The problem with Hyndman has been his inconsistency. If he could reproduce his best performances, he’d be a first pick. He’s a bit like Slivka in that respect. It’s one great game and two poor games. He has to start next week, but he also has to produce again.
    more like 1 decent game followed by 5 poor one's.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Allan was half fit last season and look what he did for us. Take him in a heartbeat
    No he wasn't. He'd had plenty games for Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    more like 1 decent game followed by 5 poor one's.
    I'll name Hyndmans good games and you name the 5 poor ones that followed okay.

Aberdeen in the league cup quarter final

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

I like Hyndman bud, has a touch of class about him and is on a par with Allan regards vision and eye for a pass - but I also think he has a touch of Dylan about him regarding injuries............interesting he is back fit when we are about to face the biggest teams in the league and there will be TV exposure.......call me cynical but I think he needs to toughen up and show he is up for a cold night in Dundee, Fir Park and Perth. There's a few in the squad I think need to toughen up and not think a wee tweak means four or five games out you look at the likes of Lewy and think how on earth can a wee guy like that play through the pain barrier and still give 100% - some need to look at the likes of him and Paul Hanlon and get these 'injuries' out their head. When these guys are injured, they are injured.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

It was actually Slivka I was referring to, but can see how you thought Hyndman.

In Hyndmans case I've already commented on him (praised him actually for his last performance) in another post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    It was actually Slivka I was referring to, but can see how you thought Hyndman.

In Hyndmans case I've already commented on him (praised him actually for his last performance) in another post.
    Good lord, it's even less the case with Slivka.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It does not matter if it's Hyndman, Slivka or any other of the players we have or have brought in, none of them are McGinn, McGeouch, Allan or even Barker.

They are all being unfairly compared to them, and we were never going to be able to replace those players with similar, never mind better.

I'm sure we can get back to challenging for Europe, but it is going to take more than one transfer window, and this is why i feel we need to hold our nerves and get right behind the manager and his team.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    No he wasn't. He'd had plenty games for Dundee.
    Forgot about that!...