hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    I always use the add to season on line for cup games and was surprised that the six in my group have told me to add their season after I told them it was £22. 100% take up here. Usual 8500 for cup games against the wee teams.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £22 and no discount for ST holders, absolutely scandalous. Will still be there though as always.
    There will be a 10% discount for season ticket holders as it's one of the benefits that Hibs announced in their season ticket campaign for this season.

It will be £19.80 for adult season ticket holders.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    It’s only £2 more than the Bonnyrigg game a few years ago.

As others have said it’s more than likely Elgin that wanted the higher prices

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Even if it was ten or fifteen sheets we'd be lucky to get a 7000+ crowd.

22 notes will ensure about 5000 tops.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’ll be there

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I agree with you on the ticket price however Hibs make the exact same amount of money from the food kiosks whether it's a sell out or a few thousand.
    Stand to be corrected on the food money. It's outsourced so the more we sell, then higher the kickback.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’ll be there
    I'll be there as well Billy, looking forward to the replay up in Elgin though

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    £22 to see Hibs in the Scottish Cup? Not a bad deal at all and not sure what folk were expecting for a home tie? Hopefully an extended run and a few more £22 on the way to Hampden.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    I’ll be going, just as soon as they tell us when it’s on!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

But we were the away team.

@hibs.net private member

We were also the defending champions so that game would have sold out at 30 bucks a ticket.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    If Hibs think I’m paying £22 for a Scottish cup tie . They are 100% correct.
    Bloody bargain 😜 See , when we go on and win it ,, again . Those that never went , will be on here asking for the ticket Stubbs , to put in their framed picture. Pretty sure it was £22 for that first cup game at Raith .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Option 1 - £22 for 5,000 adults is £110k plus a few concessions but with no atmosphere and very little in the way of food and shop sales.
    Option 2 - £10 a skull with 12,000 folk attending equals £120k with a good atmosphere and double the sales of food and shop sales. More than enough extra cash to pay for extra staff required. No brainer.

Not going for £22 plus £12 for my son
    You think we’d get 7000 more punters with it being £10? Behave. You’d maybe see a difference of around 1000 if the prices were lowered dramatically, which would lose the clubs money. Elgin know there is a hardcore element of around 5/6000 plus hangers on that will definitely buy for the match and will take their chance on that, rather than lower the prices and gamble on their being an extra 7/8000 there to make the money up.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Hibs are taking the p155 with those prices. £46 for an adult with 2 kids.....have a serious word.
    Both teams have to agree. Shocking prices.

So I've had a look at the rules and, as far as I understand it, there's a default price (in this case, 22 quid). The price can be reduced, but only if BOTH teams agree to the reduction.

So, imagine Híbs said to Elgin they thought about charging 15 quid to encourage a larger crowd, and Elgin said 'p*ss off, we want to cash in as, much as possible', there's not a thing Hibs can do about it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    So I've had a look at the rules and, as far as I understand it, there's a default price (in this case, 22 quid). The price can be reduced, but only if BOTH teams agree to the reduction.

So, imagine Híbs said to Elgin they thought about charging 15 quid to encourage a larger crowd, and Elgin said 'p*ss off, we want to cash in as, much as possible', there's not a thing Hibs can do about it.
    I think £22 is ok for an adult, just wish the concessions were under £10

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I think £22 is ok for an adult, just wish the concessions were under £10

It's OK for me as well, but I expect money's tight for a lot of people at that time of year.

I agree, it would be good for concession prices to be reduced, as we want to encourage as many kids as possible to come along.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Will be there, always cool to see a team at ER for the first time apart from anything else
    but not going to be surprising if it's a wee crowd.
    GG

Isn't the walknup price £23.00 for an adult this season? Sure that's what I paid other week.

So they have agreed to reduce the price which seems a bit odd. I'd have said 20 quid is more than enough for this type of game.
    Cougars!!!

If you can't afford this one, that's fine, but if you can, it's a Scottish Cup winnable tie. Don't see the issue
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    If you can't afford this one, that's fine, but if you can, it's a Scottish Cup winnable tie. Don't see the issue
    Agree, if you can go then go. If you can't then don't.

As others have said Elgin City have to agree to any reduction and they'll make more money out of it being £22. Anyone who thinks you can go to Easter Road and get in for £10 is living in the past. Serious question, when was it last £10 to get in as and adult.

can someone jog my memory. Back in the 70's & 80's SC games were a big thing regardless of opposition. Gates v the likes of East Fife, Ayr United, rivalled a league game against tougher teams if not better.

Were these games discounted also? I don't think they were.

Not having a go, Just seems attitudes and watching habits have shifted away from cup games over the past 30 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    can someone jog my memory. Back in the 70's & 80's SC games were a big thing regardless of opposition. Gates v the likes of East Fife, Ayr United, rivalled a league game against tougher teams if not better.

Were these games discounted also? I don't think they were.

Not having a go, Just seems attitudes and watching habits have shifted away from cup games over the past 30 years or so
    not sure about discounted but they were on the ST

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Once we’ve won tucked the cup away several of those declining on the £22 ticket will eagerly scurry about to pay that for a copy of the match programme.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Hibs might have tried to negotiate, but from my understanding (which was most likely the result of a conversation over several light ales so not necessarily entirely correct) Elgin don't have to accept anything below the "standard" ticket price for the season. Can't blame them for trying to make a few quid out of it.
    think of it this way...…….how many Elgin fans do ELGIN expect to bring to the table? those prices seem more than rather high. and in my opinion the input from the Elgin board must have contributed to the decision for the price. many Hibernian fans will just not show, on a point of principle!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Once we’ve won tucked the cup away several of those declining on the £22 ticket will eagerly scurry about to pay that for a copy of the match programme.
    if you go, can you get me a programme. ? I will gladly give you 2 quid

that was a game, with a slightly more attractive meaning. a local juniors team who had decided to up the ante by holding it in a "stadium" quite special in our minds when it came to cup games. gave us a "meaning" to be there !

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    hold the pony Mr Baldy. look back at a couple of posts and you will see that some just cant justify paying for themselves and the kids and a couple of pizzas/chips etc in a game that really should be cheaper. you more fans reps than most on here, use your influence.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    hold the pony Mr Baldy. look back at a couple of posts and you will see that some just cant justify paying for themselves and the kids and a couple of pizzas/chips etc in a game that really should be cheaper. you more fans reps than most on here, use your influence.
    There is no influence if Elgin (rightly so) want to cash in on this game. Hibs can’t do a thing.

Unless it's a derby, nobody really bothers about cup competitions till the semi finals anyway, so they can charge what they like.