£22 for a game against Elgin!?!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post

It's quite steep, but both clubs have to agree a reduction in price and perhaps Elgin refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    It's quite steep, but both clubs have to agree a reduction in price and perhaps Elgin refused.

I'm going to assume and hope this is the case. It's their big day out so seeking to maximise revenue I'd imagine.

Jeez!! There won’t be many at this one.

@hibs.net private member
    Ouch. Given the current run of form that's pretty poor from the club.

7000 tops for this one.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I'm going to assume and hope this is the case. It's their big day out so seeking to maximise revenue I'd imagine.
    If this is the case then fair enough, nothing we could do.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    If this is the case then fair enough, nothing we could do.
    They'll probablt argue 6000 at £22 and £12 is more than an extra 1500 say at £12 and £5. Their couple of hundred will stump up for a 'glamour tie'. Can't blame them but it's another hit in the pocket for Hibs fans on top of what's already been an expensive season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    They'll probablt argue 6000 at £22 and £12 is more than an extra 1500 say at £12 and £5. Their couple of hundred will stump up for a 'glamour tie'. Can't blame them but it's another hit in the pocket for Hibs fans on top of what's already been an expensive season.
    Just been made redundant two weeks ago so even with the 10% off I’ll need to give this a miss. Keep the money fOr later rounds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Mental. I'll still go, though.

@hibs.net private member
    Might be the first competitive home game I have missed for around 8 years. £22 is too much for this tie and barring some Christmas signings I might keep my cash in my pocket. Hopefully, it wasn't Hibs who wanted to keep this at £22

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    £22 and no discount for ST holders, absolutely scandalous. Will still be there though as always.

£22 for a game against Elgin is ridiculous. Will be about 5000 at this .

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's our first game in 3 weeks so you'd think reasonable pricing would've got a decent crowd of say 10k. The way we've been playing at these prices I think we'll be lucky to get 5k

I suppose we'll never know if Elgin were insistent on high prices, but regardless of who's to blame it's a huge misjudgement. Folk still recovering financially from the festive season expected to fork out £22 (not to mention £12 for concessions, for those of us who take bairns to the games)? We'll need to have a very good end to the year to see a decent crowd at this one.
    Last edited by SideBurns; 07-12-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Hibs are taking the p155 with those prices. £46 for an adult with 2 kids.....have a serious word.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    It's hardly surprising. It's a Scottish cup tie regardless of opposition. I understand some people are strapped for cash at this time of year but a large majority just can't get enough of moaning.

Imo of course!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Scandalous. Even if we suddenly start winning games I can't see much more than 5,000 at this.

This must be down to Elgin City, because I cant believe Hibs would charge £22 a pop for this tie if it was down to us.

I'll still go, but I'm almost certain at least 3 of the 4 folk I usually go to games with wont because of the price. If our poor form continues this will probably be our smallest crowd for a game since our relegation season.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    It's hardly surprising. It's a Scottish cup tie regardless of opposition. I understand some people are strapped for cash at this time of year but a large majority just can't get enough of moaning.

Imo of course!

That's a bit unfair.

I'm now in the fortunate position now that I wouldn't baulk at paying that for a match, but can well remember money being a real balancing act and would have had to seriously consider whether I could justify that, especially on top of the money already spent on a Season Ticket.

There are a lot of people still in that position and I would love the either the Fans Reps or the Supporters Associations to challenge this on their behalf and try to persuade the club(s) to change their minds.

If it was reasonably priced, 15 quid at most, and we had perhaps had a couple of decent signings, there's no reason we couldn't get about 10k for this match.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This must be down to Elgin City, because I cant believe Hibs would charge £22 a pop for this tie if it was down to us.

Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post

Imo of course!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    If the large majority really do like moaning, the club are making it easy for them with decisions like this eh? Even assuming Elgin were arguing for higher prices, Hibs wouldn't necessarily have to agree to them without some negotiation...?

Option 1 - £22 for 5,000 adults is £110k plus a few concessions but with no atmosphere and very little in the way of food and shop sales.
    Option 2 - £10 a skull with 12,000 folk attending equals £120k with a good atmosphere and double the sales of food and shop sales. More than enough extra cash to pay for extra staff required. No brainer.

Not going for £22 plus £12 for my son
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 07-12-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Option 1 - £22 for 5,000 adults is £110k plus a few concessions but with no atmosphere and very little in the way of food and shop sales.
    Option 2 - £10 a skull with 12,000 folk attending equals £120k with a good atmosphere and double the sales of food and shop sales. More than enough extra cash to pay for extra staff required. No brainer.

Not going for £22 plus £12 for my son
    I agree with you on the ticket price however Hibs make the exact same amount of money from the food kiosks whether it's a sell out or a few thousand.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Just have the West and East open for this and we'd fit everyone in no problem.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Even assuming Elgin were arguing for higher prices, Hibs wouldn't necessarily have to agree to them without some negotiation...?
    Hibs might have tried to negotiate, but from my understanding (which was most likely the result of a conversation over several light ales so not necessarily entirely correct) Elgin don't have to accept anything below the "standard" ticket price for the season. Can't blame them for trying to make a few quid out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Hibs might have tried to negotiate, but from my understanding (which was most likely the result of a conversation over several light ales so not necessarily entirely correct) Elgin don't have to accept anything below the "standard" ticket price for the season. Can't blame them for trying to make a few quid out of it.
    They may have made more on the back of cheaper prices, I for one won't be paying nearly £50 for me and two kids just after Christmas to see this game.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    £56 for my normal three seats. I think I’ll probably still go, but the Mrs and my daughter will give it a miss.

United we stand here....