hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

This is how the League table actually looks

We all know how the table looks but I thought I will create this visual representation of the current table. 1 row = 1 point basically to see the actual space between teams at the moment. Gives you a slightly different perspective on where things stand.

Few observations:
    1) We are a proper mid-table team at the moment - as far from the 1st as from the last place.
    2) We are as far behind Hearts as we are ahead of Hamilton. We should really beat Hamilton next weekend.
    3) We are not getting relegated this season but can also start forgetting about top3. :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quite interesting in perspective. And puts a more positive slant on things.

But....

If you did the same thing for the last 2 months it would look dire and would justify everyones concerns.

Your conclusions are based on the assumption that we’ll perform for the rest of the season as we have for this season so far.

If you assume our form of the last 2 months continues, it’s not good reading...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite interesting in perspective. And puts a more positive slant on things.

But....

If you did the same thing for the last 2 months it would look dire and would justify everyones concerns.

Your conclusions are based on the assumption that we’ll perform for the rest of the season as we have for this season so far.

If you assume our form of the last 2 months continues, it’s not good reading...
    I think / hope we will improve our performance significantly to be honest. I just also think Celtic / Rangers / Killie have started getting too far from us, hence my prediction about forgetting about the top3 finish. 4th place is achievable though. But listen, let's smash Hamilton and move on from there. I'm looking for at least 3 points against one of Celtic / Rangers as well. :P

Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    I think / hope we will improve our performance significantly to be honest. I just also think Celtic / Rangers / Killie have started getting too far from us, hence my prediction about forgetting about the top3 finish. 4th place is achievable though. But listen, let's smash Hamilton and move on from there. I'm looking for at least 3 points against one of Celtic / Rangers as well. :P

Whilst I share your desire for hibs to improve, a quick look at our current form and forthcoming fixtures gives me little optimism.

Form, momentum and current trajectory though.

St Mirren and Dundee have started abysmally but changed managers and are currently improving from an admittedly awful position.

We're dropping like a stone and looking worse every week, and there's still a long, long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

St Mirren and Dundee have started abysmally but changed managers and are currently improving from an admittedly awful position.

We're dropping like a stone and looking worse every week, and there's still a long, long way to go.
    All of which can change in a better direction just as quickly as they changed for the worse.

First Team Breakthrough

Well, interesting about form. Only Hearts have been worse in the last 5 games:

Team Points
    1.Rangers 12
    2.Celtic 11
    3.St.Johnstone 11
    4.Kilmarnock 10
    5.Aberdeen 9
    6.Motherwell 7
    7.Hamilton 6
    8.St.Mirren 5
    9.Dundee FC 5
    10.Livingston 4
    11.Hibernian 2
    12.Hearts 1

First Team Breakthrough

Well, they have got a few more points than Hibs and Hearts but have still performed worse than their closest competitors Hamilton and Motherwell in the last 5 games. I know Dundee just had that big win against Hamilton but still less points in total over 5 games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Has any team in the league got a harder December than us before the winter break? We need to win on Saturday, really really need to if we don’t then you might as well just give the Uglies the whole south regardless.

Aberdeen, the same Aberdeen that we battered in the league and cup and who are now well ahead for instance have 5 out of 6 games at home and only Celtic that looks tough. We don’t look up for ****.

Left by mutual consent!

Team Points
    1.Rangers 12
    2.Celtic 11
    3.St.Johnstone 11
    4.Kilmarnock 10
    5.Aberdeen 9
    6.Motherwell 7
    7.Hamilton 6
    8.St.Mirren 5
    9.Dundee FC 5
    10.Livingston 4
    11.Hibernian 2
    12.Hearts 1
    They have the excuse of having all their best players etc etc out us on the other hand.

Team Points
    1.Rangers 12
    2.Celtic 11
    3.St.Johnstone 11
    4.Kilmarnock 10
    5.Aberdeen 9
    6.Motherwell 7
    7.Hamilton 6
    8.St.Mirren 5
    9.Dundee FC 5
    10.Livingston 4
    11.Hibernian 2
    12.Hearts 1
    Interesting that the bottom three here were also the top three in the table a matter of weeks ago................

Team Points
    1.Rangers 12
    2.Celtic 11
    3.St.Johnstone 11
    4.Kilmarnock 10
    5.Aberdeen 9
    6.Motherwell 7
    7.Hamilton 6
    8.St.Mirren 5
    9.Dundee FC 5
    10.Livingston 4
    11.Hibernian 2
    12.Hearts 1
    Horrible horrible reading

If we had won these 3 home games we'd actually be cruising. So disappointing.

You can do a lot with statistics - but going by what we are seeing, Hibs (despite having better players) are much worse than a midtable side, the worst in the league at the moment IMO. That can change, and hopefully will - but theres no sign of it right now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Has any team in the league got a harder December than us before the winter break? We need to win on Saturday, really really need to if we don’t then you might as well just give the Uglies the whole south regardless.

Aberdeen, the same Aberdeen that we battered in the league and cup and who are now well ahead for instance have 5 out of 6 games at home and only Celtic that looks tough. We don’t look up for ****.
    Here are the next 5 games for each team:

Team Pts. Next 5 games
    Kilmarnock 31 Celtic (A), Dundee (H), Hamilton (A), Motherwell (A), St.Mirren (H)
    Rangers 30 Dundee (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A), St.Johstone (A), Hibernian (H)
    Celtic 30 Kilmarnock (H), Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee (H), Aberdeen (A)
    Hearts 27 Motherwell (H), Livingston (A), Aberdeen (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A)
    St.Johnstone 25 Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (H), Rangers (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (A)
    Aberdeen 24 St.Johstone (H), Livingston (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (H), Hearts (H)
    Livingston 22 St.Mirren (H), Aberdeen (A), Hearts (H), Hibernian (A), Dundee (A)
    Hibernian 20 Hamilton (A), Celtic (H), Rangers (H), Livingston (H), Rangers (A)
    Motherwell 15 Hearts (A), St.Johstone (A), Celtic (A), St.Mirren (H), Kilmarnock (H)
    Hamilton 13 Hibernian (H), Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H)
    St.Mirren 9 Livingston (A), Aberdeen (H), Motherwell (A), St.Johstone (H), Kilmarnock (A)
    Dundee 8 Rangers (H), Kilmarnock (A), Aberdeen (A), Celtic (A), Livingston (H)

Testimonial Due
    Its conceivable, and maybe even likely we wont win any of those.

I think we maybe will beat Hamilton, but i wouldn't bet on us against any of the others at the moment.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Its conceivable, and maybe even likely we wont win any of those.

I think we maybe will beat Hamilton, but i wouldn't bet on us against any of the others at the moment.
    What's really crazy is that we will probably be c.15 points behind Kilmarnock by end of December.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    You can do a lot with statistics - but going by what we are seeing, Hibs (despite having better players) are much worse than a midtable side, the worst in the league at the moment IMO. That can change, and hopefully will - but theres no sign of it right now.
    That is just absolute pish. No matter the result and the teams failings we were still twice the team St Mirren were last night.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    That is just absolute pish. No matter the result and the teams failings we were still twice the team St Mirren were last night.
    We drew with them. We were equal to them in terms of result and that is all that matters.

We weren't.

They had a player who showed a quality bit of inspiration to get them in front, they had a threat from set pieces that meant they scored with one of the few times they got the ball into our box, and they managed to let us have loads of the ball without really threatening them.

Yes, we dominated possession but I thought the result was fair.

We actually played some ok stuff at times during the second half but we didn't even get close to threatening them until we made the subs.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    Thats not what the score suggests.
    The score was 2-2?

We weren't.

They had a player who showed a quality bit of inspiration to get them in front, they had a threat from set pieces that meant they scored with one of the few times they got the ball into our box, and they managed to let us have loads of the ball without really threatening them.

We actually played some ok stuff at times during the second half but we didn't even get close to threatening them until we made the subs.
    So to the neutral watching you ask the question "which was the better team overall?".
    Answer "undoubtedly Hibs, by a f***ing country mile" (possibly qualified by "but they seriously underperformed on the night")

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    So to the neutral watching you ask the question "which was the better team overall?".
    Answer "undoubtedly Hibs, by a f***ing country mile" (possibly qualified by "but they seriously underperformed on the night")
    I don't think anyone would claim we were better by a country mile. Better, probably, but not by that much. We had a lot more of the ball but did there keeper make any real significant saves? I can't really remember any?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    We weren't.

They were gash. Way worse than Dundee but better than Hamilton. They scored two goals though, not pretty overall but effective....last night.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 06-12-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I don't think anyone would claim we were better by a country mile. Better, probably, but not by that much. We had a lot more of the ball but did there keeper make any real significant saves? I can't really remember any?
    Shot from Lewis 1st half after the Brazilian style build up?
    Also...................errrr, yer right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    They were gash. Way worse than Dundee but better than Hamilton. They scored two goals though, not pretty overall but effective....last night.
    We were gash too!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Team Points
    1.Rangers 12
    2.Celtic 11
    3.St.Johnstone 11
    4.Kilmarnock 10
    5.Aberdeen 9
    6.Motherwell 7
    7.Hamilton 6
    8.St.Mirren 5
    9.Dundee FC 5
    10.Livingston 4
    11.Hibernian 2
    12.Hearts 1

That's why I'm worried

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Here are the next 5 games for each team:

Team Pts. Next 5 games
    Kilmarnock 31 Celtic (A), Dundee (H), Hamilton (A), Motherwell (A), St.Mirren (H)
    Rangers 30 Dundee (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A), St.Johstone (A), Hibernian (H)
    Celtic 30 Kilmarnock (H), Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee (H), Aberdeen (A)
    Hearts 27 Motherwell (H), Livingston (A), Aberdeen (A), Hamilton (H), Hibernian (A)
    St.Johnstone 25 Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (H), Rangers (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (A)
    Aberdeen 24 St.Johstone (H), Livingston (H), St.Mirren (A), Dundee (H), Hearts (H)
    Livingston 22 St.Mirren (H), Aberdeen (A), Hearts (H), Hibernian (A), Dundee (A)
    Hibernian 20 Hamilton (A), Celtic (H), Rangers (H), Livingston (H), Rangers (A)
    Motherwell 15 Hearts (A), St.Johstone (A), Celtic (A), St.Mirren (H), Kilmarnock (H)
    Hamilton 13 Hibernian (H), Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H)
    St.Mirren 9 Livingston (A), Aberdeen (H), Motherwell (A), St.Johstone (H), Kilmarnock (A)
    Dundee 8 Rangers (H), Kilmarnock (A), Aberdeen (A), Celtic (A), Livingston (H)
    Looking at that it’s going to be tough for us and could easily lose more ground. Looks good for Killie, at the end of that they could well be sitting clear at the top!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Looking at that it’s going to be tough for us and could easily lose more ground. Looks good for Killie, at the end of that they could well be sitting clear at the top!
    Aberdeen have 4 out of next 5 at home, and all winnable

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Aberdeen have 4 out of next 5 at home, and all winnable

They've also played one less game than the teams directly above and below them in the league and two less than Hearts.

They didn't have a great start to the season but I can see them in the top four before long.