hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo

Left by mutual consent!

Flo

Slaughtered apparently by Parker.

Why play him then? Has his bingo number not been called yet?

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Flo has actually looked like he wants out the door most of this season. When he came last season he ran about and worked hard. Now he does nothing. He looks like he is regretting signing for us.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He needs a break. Madness to drive his confidence to rock bottom then slate him in the media. Poor from Parker, I understand what he's trying to do but it's the wrong way to go for me.

Flo hasn't been right since his sending off.

Left by mutual consent!
    Needs dropped. Appalling again.

He was spoiled last season with the service he got. For weeks now we have treated him like Grant Holt, every other ball is hammered at him chest height or above. The 1st half tonight was straight out the Craig Levein Guide to Hoofball.

It doesn't excuse his body language but I can see why he's frustrated.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    I thought the same happened with Simon Murray. His work rate was amazing when he arrived as was Flo's. However, after about 6 month he was guizing just as Flo is now. Closing down and making occasional runs but at jogging pace throughout. For me both players got fed up of being isolated both defending and in attack. The midfield are so far away and we never seem to press as a team. It doesn't take long before a one man press starts to become a chore and then the mindset is embedded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was spoiled last season with the service he got. For weeks now we have treated him like Grant Holt, every other ball is hammered at him chest height or above. The 1st half tonight was straight out the Craig Levein Guide to Hoofball.

My take on Kamberi too

Needs a rest IMO. Hopefully once MacLaren is fully fit we can get the partnership going again.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Publically singling out players during a bad run is the beginning of the end.

It goes back to the recruitment for me.

He’s not a target man. He’s not really mature enough to be the main striker at a club the size of hibs. But all we have is McLaren, Shaw and Boyle so he’s the main man.

Needed dropped/rested weeks ago but our other strikers just don’t have the ability to lead the line. Very poor recruitment.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The problem with only having three strikers is when they're all playing badly, you're screwed. Well, we dropped this player for another one. Then he plays ***** you sub him for.. The player you just dropped. LOLZ

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    My take on Kamberi too
    He did get great service, but he was a stand out player.

As he was in a few games this season, including scoring a beauty away at Celtic. Hes clearly out of sorts, but hes not become a bad player.

I've said elsewhere that I think he's carrying an injury, I certainly hope that's it because his drop in form has been beyond belief.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Yep, a lack of Scott Allan’s defence splitting passes

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Publically singling out players during a bad run is the beginning of the end.
    Don’t think Parker actually named anyone?

Been a big Flo fan but his first touch was crap tonight. Without analysing in detail I'd guess 2/10 or so worked? Looked like a simple header 2mins in. Kit-kat time for him.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Don’t think Parker actually named anyone?
    He has in an EEN interview

Left by mutual consent!

Completely agree with this. He’s undroppable based on the fee paid too. He must be wondering what the **** is going on.

We have a fantastic striker there, not having a clue who he’s linking up with from one week to the next them hoofball to his gut or head. His attitude is questionable but he plays every game and you think Parker slaughtering him helps somehow? What does it achieve? A rollicking to the guy isn’t going to stop balls being smashed at him or waiting for Horgan to do something.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    My take on Kamberi too
    Who’s idea was it to spend the money to bring him on a perm then? You can’t have it all ways.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Flo was terrible tonight but he wasn't alone in that redirect.

I don't know what Lennon is asking him to do but he's definitely not getting the best out of him and the team are suffering as a result.

I think Flo would benefit from some consistency with his strike partner, and while we're on that subject, what's the point in having MacLaren and not playing him?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I think it's a mixture of carrying an injury and lack of confidence. He played well early doors this season and it seems since the Aberdeen cup game where he played well: he's struggled as has the team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe the defence and strikers would benefit from a coherent midfield. The strikers may also benefit from competition for places. Seems like a management and recruitment issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    I've said elsewhere that I think he's carrying an injury, I certainly hope that's it because his drop in form has been beyond belief.
    He isn't carrying an injury, he just isn't trying a leg for some reason. As for McLaren, he just isn't very good and I'm mighty relieved we didn't pay £400k for him.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Flo has all the attributes you want to see in a quality striker but it is hugely concerning that he is currently just a shadow of what we know he has to offer.

How about the fact that Flo and Maclaren had the service from Dylan, McGinn and Allan and thrived. Now we have a midfield that couldn't tie there shoe laces and both players are struggling.

If Flo turned in the performances he has so far this season when we first got him on loan in Jan then I don't think we would have signed him. Same can be said of McLaren. Part of that could be down to the terrible service they are getting from the huddies we have in midfield but, Flo in particular is not running/ chasing/harrowing opponents like he did 2nd half of last season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    How about the fact that Flo and Maclaren had the service from Dylan, McGinn and Allan and thrived. Now we have a midfield that couldn't tie there shoe laces and both players are struggling.
    Is there any point in playing him when he’s completely struggling though?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Is there any point in playing him when he’s completely struggling though?
    Kinda shot ourselves in the foot starting the season with two recognized strikers and a young laddie from the development squad.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    I've been thinking and saying the same since the season kicked off.

@hibs.net private member
    We're playing him as a target man which it totally unfair on him.

When we had the midfield last season he was getting quick balls into his feet and had plenty of support.

Now he's getting long balls lumped up to him.

He's not become a bad player overnight but needs a more physical forward next to him - despite his goal Shaw didn't look comfortable last night.

That or a midfield that can allow him a chance to actually play football. Often he got the ball last night with his back to goal and had maybe 1 or 2 players to pass to.

Mallan was picking up the ball in our own half.