hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar

Kenny Miller big regrets

Kenny should have been a Hibs player when he became available after his Livvi debacle. It was a gift at that point in time after the transfer window had closed and we were in a position where for whatever reason, maybe we missed out on targets? We were short on strikers.
    KM would have done a fantastic job for us just now and I’m sure would have jumped at the chance of coming back home. We could have matched whatever Dundee were offering. I was angry at the time we either missed out or probably didn’t even bother perusing him, but now I’m gutted. We are now in a position where we are losing ground and the striker issue will have to be addressed in January. Bet we don’t end up with anyone better than a Miller.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenny should have been a Hibs player when he became available after his Livvi debacle. It was a gift at that point in time after the transfer window had closed and we were in a position where for whatever reason, maybe we missed out on targets? We were short on strikers.
    KM would have done a fantastic job for us just now and I’m sure would have jumped at the chance of coming back home. We could have matched whatever Dundee were offering. I was angry at the time we either missed out or probably didn’t even bother perusing him, but now I’m gutted. We are now in a position where we are losing ground and the striker issue will have to be addressed in January. Bet we don’t end up with anyone better than a Miller.
    Can’t disagree with that. A handy option would probably be the way I’d describe him.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought he was finished tbh but would have been very good to have around the club. He probably wanted first team football too and didn’t think it would happen here.

Coaching Staff
    Totally agree with you, said at the time we should get him signed.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    With hindsight Kenny Miller could have been a good signing but on the other hand it would have been a gamble too. The way things are going at Easter Rd these days he would probably have flopped and spend more time on the treatment table just like the rest of our signings.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I thought he was finished tbh but would have been very good to have around the club. He probably wanted first team football too and didn’t think it would happen here.
    I think he would easily be our best forward currently, if he had come.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    No chance he was given so many opportunities to return and he turned us down every single time he can get stuffed. People moaned about Stokes being a trouble maker but Mr Miller is probably just as bad if not worse. The way he behaved at Livi was shocking.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    No chance he was given so many opportunities to return and he turned us down every single time he can get stuffed. People moaned about Stokes being a trouble maker but Mr Miller is probably just as bad if not worse. The way he behaved at Livi was shocking.
    What did he do at Livi?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I think he would easily be our best forward currently, if he had come.
    In hindsight he would, yes but at the time we where doing well and it wouldn’t had been so clear cut then.

RE his time at Livi - that's not what I was told.

He did struggle to combine playing with management however the issue was he isn't a yes man and the No. 2 has A LOT of say/input to the running of the club which Kenny did not agree with

Would have taken him here for sure as back up

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    What did he do at Livi?
    Nothing.

I'm not aware that he ever turned us down. Certainly, his pal TheCat23 (no longer of this parish to back me up unfortunately) consistently said he'd have loved to come back but Hibs never asked him.

I said at the time he seemed to fit the bill of the experienced striker we needed to complement our young forwards. Dundee's gain is our loss, I'd suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I'm not aware that he ever turned us down. Certainly, his pal TheCat23 (no longer of this parish to back me up unfortunately) consistently said he'd have loved to come back but Hibs never asked him.

I said at the time he seemed to fit the bill of the experienced striker we needed to complement our young forwards. Dundee's gain is our loss, I'd suggest.
    What happened to the cat? Hadn't heard from him since the 'Steven Naismith his legs have gone' saga.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    What happened to the cat? Hadn't heard from him since the 'Steven Naismith his legs have gone' saga.
    Ah, the ‘Kenny’ this and ‘Kenny’ that adoration of a gloating Hun Bawbag. Miss it like I might miss pins getting stuck in my boaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Ah, the ‘Kenny’ this and ‘Kenny’ that adoration of a gloating Hun Bawbag. Miss it like I might miss pins getting stuck in my boaby.
    Not on the Christmas card list then?

For what it's worth I don't think he would have done well here second time around. Kenny, not the cat.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 06-12-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    What did he do at Livi?
    I'd be interested to find out what he did at Livingston too?

Nothing.
    That was helpful!

Testimonial Due
    Sound pretty accurate, but did he have a player/coach role in his vision for his post playing career....which probably would not have been on the table at Easter Road..

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Seemed to take the hump after being pulled up by a few folk for actively trying to throw Dempster under the bus on deadline day (with falsehoods). Last I heard he was being less than complimentary about the hibs.net user base on Twatter.

Would have done a job for us. Not sure our full support would have accepted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Would have done a job for us. Not sure our full support would have accepted him.

Who? Kenny or The Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Who? Kenny or The Cat?
    Both

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    RE his time at Livi - that's not what I was told.

He did struggle to combine playing with management however the issue was he isn't a yes man and the No. 2 has A LOT of say/input to the running of the club which Kenny did not agree with

Would have taken him here for sure as back up
    Do you not think Miller would have known all about Livi and the No2 before he took the job.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    yep! miller the hun can do one.

The last sentence is nonsense. The clubs management strucuture is corrupt in everyway imaginable. Geared up for a yes man. Miller certainly isn't that.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    The last sentence is nonsense. The clubs management strucuture is corrupt in everyway imaginable. Geared up for a yes man. Miller certainly isn't that.
    He wanted to have his cake and eat it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I said last night that he was exactly what we need right now. Experience, great work ethic, goal scorer, can hold the ball up. Just what we are looking for

Kenny Miller would have done a job for us, but then again hindsight is a wonderful thing.

In hindsight he would, yes but at the time we where doing well and it wouldn’t had been so clear cut then.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Last I heard he was being less than complimentary about the hibs.net user base on Twatter.
    Well evidently not all of his scoops were wrong in that case