hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Boyle continues to give his all and is behind most of our attacking threat. As mentioned by a few of our more savvy posters, he needs decent service and proper support from elsewhere. Just because a few have started a Boyle bashing campaign on here, don’t be fooled.

I would say that Kamberi, Mallan and Milligan are offering very little just now. Kamberi is supposedly carrying an injury and this may well be a factor in his recent poor performances. Mallan just isn’t ver6 athletic. For a young guy he’s fairly slow and despite his dead ball prowess, I’ve felt from early doors that he needs to develop his game. Milligan is tidy enough on the ball, but very immobile. I would take a fit Bartley over him everytime.

Slivka needs a run in his favoured position. He offered energy and some positive momentum when he came on.

Hanlon ( didn’t make the bench last night) and Gray are sorely missed. Unfortunately, it seems both are struggling. I can only imagine McGregor is in also feeling his long term injury issues too, otherwise he would be starting.

So, we have three guys who have contributed a helluva lot to our success these past few years not contributing much this season. Chuck in the loss of the central midfield trio and our main strikers carrying/ recovering from injuries and you have conditions for a perfect Hibees storm.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyle - out
    Stevenson - out
    Porteous - out
    Kamberi - out
    Shaw - out

Hanlon - in
    Nelom - in
    Maclaren - in
    Allan - in
    Slivka - in
    I dont think we will see Hanlon rushing back. Porteous makes mistakes but he does have the right mind set for what we are going through at the moment. Slivka is a must start for the next 4/5 games for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Dear god man we're not denying that, Parker stated that certain players are not doing enough and what they are told, we're speculating on here as to who he was talking about. I've given my views as to who it is and offered up some names as to who can maybe come in to replace them. I don't know if you've noticed but on the bench last night we had Nelom, McGregor, Milligan, Slivka, McLaren and Gullan as the outfield players to choose from. Hyndman, Agyepong, Gray, Hanlon are not available, so who do you think we have to come in and replace any of the 3-4 players who are not cutting it just now?
    It doesn't really get fixed by just dropping them and playing kids. Parker and Lennon should be motivating them, teaching them etc. They're not in great form but neither are our coaching team. Bad decisions being made all around. Chucking kids into a struggling team would make it worse.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think before we consider who's getting dropped for the team, there's a greater need for having a settled team and system for a bit. We're chopping and changing every week and the team look less and less like they know what they're doing with each game.

We need some stability and continuity and then if players need dropped do it one at a time and let players get some confidence back, and some sense of having a team back.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I think the problem with boyle these days is teams are wise to him and they double or triple up on him on that side. They know his main threat is knocking it past and beating his man for pace. If you nullify that then he isn't very effective. Imo that's exactly what teams have been doing to counter him

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I dont think we will see Hanlon rushing back. Porteous makes mistakes but he does have the right mind set for what we are going through at the moment. Slivka is a must start for the next 4/5 games for me.
    Has Hanlon’s injury returned? Key player, when fit.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Keekaboo;5622640]Why Porteous?

Perhaps because he is not looking as good as we all thought he was going to be? Daft, unnecessary fouls and diving in too quick at times? Maybe we are expecting too much too soon? Just a thought.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    It looks like a confidence issue impacting both players and mgmt.

The team were doing well at the start of the season, even for a few games post McGinn. We definitely miss SDG in the team and our injuries have been very frustrating this season so far.

If Boyle was one of the ones lacking effort I’d be surprised, would have thought he would be aiming for another Australia call up in Jan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Horgan - headless chicken for me, although he played some decent balls in too often he takes the ball into danger before trying to dance out of it. If he used his pace better and only wanted to beat a man once instead of sending him to the shop for milk he would be a much better asset.

Boyle - think he needs a rest.

Shaw - I like him but, as he showed last night - he's a finisher, not a hold up player.

Incoming:

Allen - big, strong, just what we need.

Slivka - showed last night he is a clever footballer. Always has time on the ball and rarely misplaces passes. He's also scored on a few occasions.

I don't know who would come in for Horgan - Gullane perhaps? Or Fraser Murray?

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    If Boyle was one of the ones lacking effort I’d be surprised, would have thought he would be aiming for another Australia call up in Jan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boyle seems more focused on getting in this Asian cup squad than he is playing well for Hibs. He's not kicked a ball consistently for us since his call up was mentioned.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst I would certainly drop Kamberi right now, I would hope that he is suffering through an injury and sacrificing himself for the team.

If that is the case I would get it fixed, whatever it is and how long it would take as he has been awful for weeks.

Boyle has also been poor and seems to be burning on a really short fuse at the moment as some of his petulance last night was of no help / use at all, but having said that despite being poor most of our good things came through him.

Horgan is an enigma, he is like a 70% player, in that much of what he does is good / fine but the other 30% is useless. He doesn't track back as well as he should and if I had to guess I would guess that if he were being criticised by Parker it would be for lack of positional discipline rather than effort

Much of what is wrong with that team could be fixed by a settled defence and 2 strong CM's

However it looks like the sands of time are slipping away from McGregor & Bartley whom we would have otherwise relied on to assist. After a bright start Milligan has been embarrassingly poor and if he were my player / teammate I would have booted his arse after he chucked it against Killie. He is not what we need right now.

The sad thing is that we seem to have signed a lot of similar players / similar standard players and that there isn't a game changer such as Allan or Barker available.

Its blindingly obvious that we are missing the desire, determination and physicality of McGinn more than I had hoped we would.

It looks sadly similar to the Fenlon / Butcher era where the players weren't as bad as the results they achieved, but they have completely retreated into their shells and everything is ponderous and play is far to slow and they look terrified to make mistakes and are shot of confidence when they do.

I honestly couldn't believe after we got it back to 2-2 that they retreated back on top of the defence and allowed St Mirren to fanny about with the ball amongst their back four and midfield

They should have pushed up and got right in about them.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 06-12-2018 at 04:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Knee-jerkometer dial just cranked up.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due
    Kamberi
    Boyle
    Mallan
    Milligan
    Horgan

In that order. Letting us down.

Milligan has looked wasteful and off the pace after a bright start. Horgan confuses life out me, signed as a left winger yet everytime Stevenson lifts his head he’s standing inside. Got a feeling he’s a waste of a jersey and abit of a one trick pony.

Mallan is toiling in his general play, midfield combinations yet to bring the best out him. Over powered.

Boyle well off the pace, he’s gone from a high flying winger riding challenges and looking to beat his man everytime to forgetting about all these things, though he hasn’t had a sustained period of time wide right.

Kamberi has been awful, everytime ball is played up to him he jumps behind the defender or tries a tippy tappy flip. Needs to start being a more vocal point spearheading attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Boyle seems more focused on getting in this Asian cup squad than he is playing well for Hibs. He's not kicked a ball consistently for us since his call up was mentioned.
    But surely his best chance of getting in the squad is playing well for us

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Boyle - out
    Stevenson - out
    Porteous - out
    Kamberi - out
    Shaw - out

Hanlon - in
    Nelom - in
    Maclaren - in
    Allan - in
    Slivka - in
    Oh boy....board meltdown in 3...2....1.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I've defended Kamberi before but I'm finding it harder to do that recently.

Passing a ball to him is like kicking it at a bouncy castle. You know it's going to bounce off but you can never be sure in which direction.
    You come up with some corkers.
    We need to laugh during the present gloom.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Whilst I would certainly drop Kamberi right now, I would hope that he is suffering through an injury and sacrificing himself for the team.

If that is the case I would get it fixed, whatever it is and how long it would take as he has been awful for weeks.

Boyle has also been poor and seems to be burning on a really short fuse at the moment as some of his petulance last night was of no help / use at all, but having said that despite being poor most of our good things came through him.

Horgan is an enigma, he is like a 70% player, in that much of what he does is good / fine but the other 30% is useless. He doesn't track back as well as he should and if I had to guess I would guess that if he were being criticised by Parker it would be for lack of positional discipline rather than effort

Much of what is wrong with that team could be fixed by a settled defence and 2 strong CM's

However it looks like the sands of time are slipping away from McGregor & Bartley whom we would have otherwise relied on to assist. After a bright start Milligan has been embarrassingly poor and if he were my player / teammate I would have booted his arse after he chucked it against Killie. He is not what we need right now.

The sad thing is that we seem to have signed a lot of similar players / similar standard players and that there isn't a game changer such as Allan or Barker available.

Its blindingly obvious that we are missing the desire, determination and physicality of McGinn more than I had hoped we would.

It looks sadly similar to the Fenlon / Butcher era where the players weren't as bad as the results they achieved, but they have completely retreated into their shells and everything is ponderous and play is far to slow and they look terrified to make mistakes and are shot of confidence when they do.

I honestly couldn't believe after we got it back to 2-2 that they retreated back on top of the defence and allowed St Mirren to fanny about with the ball amongst their back four and midfield

Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

We must have been separated at birth as I agree entirely with the above. Boyle kicking the ball away twice and not playing for the team, should bollocked for that. Excellent post.