hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Marciano back in goals?

Not saying Bogdan has been horrendous, and goalkeeper position is definitely the least of our worries at the moment in the team. However I'd like to see Marciano given a run of games now. Who knows maybe in certain games he would be able to pull off some of the saves he had no right to get to last season and it might just inspire the rest of his team a little bit.

Bogdan has pulled off some great saves at times this season and as I say it is least of our concerns within the team with defence, midfield and forwards needing prioritised.

From what I have seen from Bogdan and Marciano, I rate Rocky just that little bit more. IMO, just personal preference.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    I agree

@hibs.net private member
    I'd like to see Rocky given a run as he is the long term option.

In my opinion due to wages it's unlikely Bogdan will return

Both are good goal keepers though

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Think there’s very little between them. Probably slightly prefer Rocky due to his ability to pull off the spectacular but Bogdan hasn’t done anything to merit being dropped IMO.

The gloves are Bogdan's until he has a horror show IMO

There are plenty others who need dropped before bogdan.

I think he’s been one of our best and most reliable players this season.

It’s the midfield and lack of creativity that’s our problem.

Midfield last season was put strength now it’s our weakness.

They really need to up their game or December will be a long month.

Little bit disappointed the manager won’t do the interviews recently as well. On a bad run and he sends out the asst.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just a new safe goalkeeper that doesn’t have howlers in his locker please

Dont care what anyone says, goalkeepers aren’t at fault when they’re lobbed from that distance. His position was fine, it was just a great strike.

Couldn’t see what happened for the second but not coming for s cross is something you could say about Marciano as well.

Making changes for the sake of making changes doesn’t help. We’ve done enough of that recently already.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we find one of them we can sell him for hundreds of millions of pounds. Unfortunately they don't exist.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I don't think Bogdan has done much wrong outside of a poor game v Asteras and a few moments at the end of the recent derby, but for me Rocky is our #1 and is capable of some outstanding saves which I don't think Bogdan has made during his spell.
    Mon the Hibs.

Rules out moves for Dr Gea or Lloris then. Probably only leaves Oblak, Ederson or Ter Stegen but i think they are under contract at their current club.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    Dont care what anyone says, goalkeepers aren’t at fault when they’re lobbed from that distance. His position was fine, it was just a great strike.

Couldn’t see what happened for the second but not coming for s cross is something you could say about Marciano as well.

Making changes for the sake of making changes doesn’t help. We’ve done enough of that recently already.
    I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt and while I’m not saying it was a howler last night the ball actually bounced before it went in and he was still nowhere near it. Would suggest he was far too far off his line rather than just a wee bit.

If it had went in just underneath the bar and he nearly got there I’d more inclined to absolve him of all blame.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt and while I’m not saying it was a howler last night the ball actually bounced before it went in and he was still nowhere near it. Would suggest he was far too far off his line rather than just a wee bit.

If it had went in just underneath the bar and he nearly got there I’d more inclined to absolve him of all blame.

Errr! that's exactly what happened!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Fairly standard position for keeper when ball is in the other teams half

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    [/B]

Errr! that's exactly what happened!
    It bounced before it went in. Fair enough it bounced into the top corner but I more meant underneath the bar without bouncing

Like I said I’m not going to label it as a howler and I absolutely understand why goalies stand around the edge of their box to come out for any balls that run through but he must have been a good few yards further forward then he should have been.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 06-12-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Dear dear I think you should be looking a wee bit more at the outfield players than bashing bogdan.

Every week he has a different back 3, back 4. There’s no consustency in team selection at all.
    It’s like it’s drawn out a hat on a sat morning.

I think bogdan has done great and he’s the number 1 goalie until he has s few bad games or gets injured.

In my view and most may disagree he has been the best out of summer signings.

Not impressed with Mallan, Horgan, Maclaren.

They need to step up performances starting sat which is now must win. Or we will be getting dragged into the bottom

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I think he's been fairly solid, our problems stem from defensive mistakes by our longest standing defenders, a midfield devoid of creativity and all that results in strikers lacking confidence and becoming frustrated.

Efe is about the only player currently doing anything creative, making space and finding passes. Barely seen Boyle take the ball past someone in months.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Dear dear I think you should be looking a wee bit more at the outfield players than bashing bogdan.

Every week he has a different back 3, back 4. There’s no consustency in team selection at all.
    It’s like it’s drawn out a hat on a sat morning.

I think bogdan has done great and he’s the number 1 goalie until he has s few bad games or gets injured.

In my view and most may disagree he has been the best out of summer signings.

Not impressed with Mallan, Horgan, Maclaren.

They need to step up performances starting sat which is now must win. Or we will be getting dragged into the bottom
    Haven't bashed Bogdan. Well aware other areas of the team need work. Just a personal preference of what I've seen. Read my OP.

Id start marciano before bogdan

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    When we find one of them we can sell him for hundreds of millions of pounds. Unfortunately they don't exist.
    Must be an unearthed nugget out there surely somewhere?

Perhaps even an older more experienced keeper a Budgie or an Alan MacGregor?

Goalkeepers can play until they are 40

Send the net out wider the Scandinavian markets and the lower leagues seem to remember the Molde keeper looking pretty safe over both legs

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Marciano is a quality keeper and i hope we see him back between the posts against Accies. Sorry Adam done ok but Rocky has the little bit more.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Must be an unearthed nugget out there surely somewhere?

Perhaps even an older more experienced keeper a Budgie or an Alan MacGregor?

Goalkeepers can play until they are 40

Send the net out wider the Scandinavian markets and the lower leagues seem to remember the Molde keeper looking pretty safe over both legs
    Budgie was well prone to a howler. A great guy and an inspirational character, but he wasn’t a brilliant keeper at Hibs.

I think we have two good goalkeepers , both of them are as good as we can expect to get.

Bigger problem fish to fry.

Throwing rocky in on this bad run will do nothing but harm us more. He's not played in months so will be rusty, first mistake everyone will be wanting Bogdan back in. Lennon needs to pick a starting 11 and formation and just stick with it regardless of opposition and hope they can get him through it even if they have a couple bad performances playing the same players will help us more than what we aren't currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Budgie was well prone to a howler. A great guy and an inspirational character, but he wasn’t a brilliant keeper at Hibs.

I think we have two good goalkeepers , both of them are as good as we can expect to get.

Bigger problem fish to fry.
    Agree least of our worries would stick with Bogdan until he has a disaster nothing wrong with sending the scouts out though as Bogdan is not ours and we are unlikely to be able to afford him

Not convinced by Rocky or Laidlaw either and as for the rest of the team........

Not sure if 100% but seemingly Liverpool pay a huge chunk of players wages that go out on loan to clubs. If they don’t play apart from injury or suspension the other team have to cough up majority if not all there wage.

@hibs.net private member
    People forgetting that Rocky makes mistakes too then?

Bogdan is the least of our worries. He has been very solid. He is a better keeper than Marciano therefore should keep his place imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Id start marciano before bogdan
    every time

The defence don’t seem very confident with Bogdan, look how many goals we are conceding

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Every keeper has a howler in them.

Goalkeepers at our level certainly do.

Last nights goal was a once-in-a-lifetime anomaly that should not be a reflection on how good a goalkeeper Bogdan is. He's made some great saves this season.