I'm taking a look at our past recruitment history and one thing stands out. Most of our signings are players that can't get a game for there current clubs. This for me is the biggest problem. I watched a video last year that showed George Craig identifying players via online videos. At the time I thought this was not the way we should be finding players, and it's even more evident now. Here's a list of our more recent signings that were on the fringes and couldn't get a game for there current clubs.

Mallan
Maclaren
Flo
Horgan
Hyndman
Agyepong
Slivka
Matulevicious
Whittaker
Milligan

You start going back further and names like Dagnall, Carmichael and Thomson appear. Where we have had success with players, are young up and coming players like McGinn, McGeouch, Henderson and Barker. Also signing players that get a game for there clubs has worked out better for us. Bartley, McGregor, Efe. I'm not saying we shouldn't sign players that don't play for there clubs, or just because they do (Swanson) they are guaranteed to work out. What I do think we need to do is flip flop the way we find players around. Rather than mostly sign players that are not on form and playing for there clubs, we should be looking to find players that are in form and playing regularly.