hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will have had a strip torn off them after the games on saturday and wednesday, they have been told in no uncertain terms that these performances are not good enough after a few of the recent games.

They will also know that the management team are not happy with whats gone on recently, i dont see what then going soft on them with cliches and bull**** will help.

These players need to know that these results are not acceptable, and that its downhill after Hibs for most of this lot, and only they can sort this.

Its time to shape up, as if they think this is bad at Easter Road, lets see how they like it in the first division or worse.
    I think they’ll know that anyway. They’re not trying to get beat.

Imo the recent poor run of form has come due to a lack of confidence, calling the players out like this in public won’t help that.

If we score first today we might be alright, if Hamilton score first we’re as well packing up and going home.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I read Alex Fergusons last book on leadership a couple of years back. There's a little bit about David De Gea in it. Fergie describes how the press had a determination to see De Gea fail and were gleeful when he struggled. Ferguson said he knew it was a balancing act so after a game a week or so later he stood De Gea in front of all the other players and told them he was exactly what they should all apsire to, that he was 19 and had moved to a foreign country and put himself under the pressure of replacing a legend at the biggest club in the world. He said they should all be honoured to be part of the developmemt of a guy who would go on to be one of the best keepers in the world. He then privately explained to De Gea that he would be left out for a few games to take the spotlight off him and allow him to work on what he needed to. He publicly backed him in the press.

It's possible to make a point to players in lots of different ways. Publicly stating a whole squad needs replaced and a young strikers needs to be better at everything just doesn't work these days.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think they’ll know that anyway. They’re not trying to get beat.

Imo the recent poor run of form has come due to a lack of confidence, calling the players out like this in public won’t help that.

If we score first today we might be alright, if Hamilton score first we’re as well packing up and going home.
    I think people are getting too carried away about what the management are saying, do you think they are suddenly much better when they are blowing smoke up their arse?

He could come on the tv and say how good they are and results have been poor but we've been unlucky, but he'd get slaughtered for that, as we've not been unlucky, we've not been good enough, and if you read every match day thread, the manager is telling them EXACTLY what the supporters are saying.

These are professionals, who should be doing everything they can to prove the manager wrong, prove the fans wrong and prove that they are better than these recent results and prove that they do care and are good enough for this club.

Sugar coating it does not help in my opinion.

First Team Regular
    I think people are getting too carried away about what the management are saying, do you think they are suddenly much better when they are blowing smoke up their arse?

He could come on the tv and say how good they are and results have been poor but we've been unlucky, but he'd get slaughtered for that, as we've not been unlucky, we've not been good enough, and if you read every match day thread, the manager is telling them EXACTLY what the supporters are saying.

These are professionals, who should be doing everything they can to prove the manager wrong, prove the fans wrong and prove that they are better than these recent results and prove that they do care and are good enough for this club.

By the same token though, I’m sure you must agree that the management have to step up and take some responsibility as well for the current slump? The team selection and formation last week did the players no favours.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    By the same token though, I’m sure you must agree that the management have to step up and take some responsibility as well for the current slump? The team selection and formation last week did the players no favours.
    Of course, i've disagreed with a few team selections over the course of the season, even when we were winning.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

If I was a player watching that I’d have thought ‘**** him, ********......’

I’d still try my best the next day but not sure that’s what the relationship between players and management should be.

take hibs our the equation for a second, hypothetically speaking say Man U went on a terrible run then Jose refused to do media, threatened to quit on a couple of occasions, his assistant started publicly criticising players and then Jose called in sick for training the day before a massive game, would you not agree his time would probably be up and unlikely to turn it around?

Imo you’re desire to defend all things Hibs just now is clouding your judgement here. It’s a shambles just now and I’m amazed you’re not seeing it to be honest.

Quite ironic actually considering the miserable ******* you used to be 😂

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If I was a player watching that I’d have thought ‘**** him, ********......’

I’d still try my best the next day but not sure that’s what the relationship between players and management should be.

take hibs our the equation for a second, hypothetically speaking say Man U went on a terrible run then Jose refused to do media, threatened to quit on a couple of occasions, his assistant started publicly criticising players and then Jose called in sick for training the day before a massive game, would you not agree his time would probably be up and unlikely to turn it around?

Imo you’re desire to defend all things Hibs just now is clouding your judgement here. It’s a shambles just now and I’m amazed you’re not seeing it to be honest.

Quite ironic actually considering the miserable ******* you used to be 😂
    I was a miserable ******* when we were actually pish, changing manager will only hurry us back towards those heady heights again in my opinion.

PS i'd take another 2-0 win against accies again though.

Implying to the press that they are basically other club rejects because Celtic have more dosh, then implying that they're not good enough to go any further at Hibs and he/ they have reached a glass ceiling will do no one any good, great way to demotivate.

How many times since he took over has he come out and tore them a new one, or Parker has done the press saying Lennon is still in the changing room giving them what for etc, or missing due to flu.

Football has a history of managers losing the dressing room, players get lackadaisical, they don't not try but just stop focussing. I can imagine in the dressing room before and after the game the players just sitting there thinking, here we go again another moan/rollicking, they'll just switch off any team talk will be a waste of time.

When things go bad it never ends well.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Are we really choosing sound bites over substance?

Are you trying to pick a fight here? Did you read my comment?

Doing the media work IS a substantive part of any manager’s job. There surely can’t be any argument about this??

I was a miserable ******* when we were actually pish, changing manager will only hurry us back towards those heady heights again in my opinion.

PS i'd take another 2-0 win against accies again though.

Hibs are far too inconsistent. Getting a top 4 finish again this season would be a great result and show some much needed consistency. Sometimes a season of consolidation is no bad thing.

A certain section of supporters wouldn’t be happy with this though, I feel.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Hibs are far too inconsistent. Getting a top 4 finish again this season would be a great result and show some much needed consistency. Sometimes a season of consolidation is no bad thing.

I would be delighted with another top four finish. It’s not going to happen based on how we’ve been playing in the last 7 games though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Is anyone complaining about a top 4 finish? The complaints seem to be because we are hurtling downwards at an alarming rate.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Seem to remember Alex Ferguson’s Assistant Carlos Queiroz doing a lot of Fergies post match interviews while Fergie enjoyed a glass of red with the opposition Manager Thankfully for Fergie he did not have Gary Parker’s acid tongue or witty repoirtee with the press.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    This extract seems to have abit more balance to it - and doesnt just slag off the players.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/1...form=hootsuite

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This extract seems to have abit more balance to it - and doesnt just slag off the players.

More balance compared to the Hibs TV interview that everyone is talking about?

All very well warning their under performances but these are now their players and more to the point why are they underperforming? Why have they gone from free scoring excitement to lump up ythe pitch touch of elephants team.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Nah this can't be true, the management team have decided they don't want to be here and are working their ticket

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    All very well warning their under performances but these are now their players and more to the point why are they underperforming? Why have they gone from free scoring excitement to lump up ythe pitch touch of elephants team.
    Every single team on the planet goes through a slump at some point

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Defo looks as though they are planning to bring in new recruits in January

The thread on the 2001/02 squad is an eye opener as that squad looks light years ahead of our current squad yet they finished tenth
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 08-12-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Nah this can't be true, the management team have decided they don't want to be here and are working their ticket
    I know that's tongue in cheek and at no time do I believe it, things aren't going well and speculation is rife with tons of rumours, need to get back to basics.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I know that's tongue in cheek and at no time do I believe it, things aren't going well and speculation is rife with tons of rumours, need to get back to basics.
    Yup things aren't going well but as I said in another post every team goes through a bad patch, this is ours and it's crap but it's hard work from everyone at the club that will get them through it, those players are good players and hopefully it clicks again

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agreed...What he’s said in the press conference about them is probably way tamer than what’s been said too them.

I believe they are giving 100% but if they are looking for confidence from some reassuring words rather than from within themselves they are looking in the wrong place.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is anyone complaining about a top 4 finish? The complaints seem to be because we are hurtling downwards at an alarming rate.
    There are people on here who complain about anything and everything, including being in 2nd place. There have been plenty havering early in the season about the meaning of failure at Hibs, including finishing 4th. There are also a number of people definitely at the wind-up now and undoubtedly taking piss whilst fueling the discontent.

At the moment we are static, rather than hurtling downwards. A couple of wins will change the picture. If, come the end of this forthcoming fixture cycle, we haven’t got them then we can start the hysteria ( because that is what’s happening). Given the performances recently it’s going to ask a lot of this squad to manage that, but Lennon and Parker have earned the right to be able to try it.

Worst case scenario happens and I would guess our management team will walk. Until that happens I support them and the team.

In the meantime, I’ve found the ignore button helps. It certainly shows how determined a small group of posters ( some newer, some well established) are to spread their version of how things are. Quite sickening really, and not because they have a different view from me.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    There are people on here who complain about anything and everything, including being in 2nd place. There have been plenty havering early in the season about the meaning of failure at Hibs, including finishing 4th. There are also a number of people definitely at the wind-up now and undoubtedly taking piss whilst fueling the discontent.

At the moment we are static, rather than hurtling downwards. A couple of wins will change the picture. If, come the end of this forthcoming fixture cycle, we haven’t got them then we can start the hysteria ( because that is what’s happening). Given the performances recently it’s going to ask a lot of this squad to manage that, but Lennon and Parker have earned the right to be able to try it.

Worst case scenario happens and I would guess our management team will walk. Until that happens I support them and the team.

In the meantime, I’ve found the ignore button helps. It certainly shows how determined a small group of posters ( some newer, some well established) are to spread their version of how things are. Quite sickening really, and not because they have a different view from me.
    Good post. I’m backing the manager and the players. They’ve all earned that right, and a poor run shouldn’t mean we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Personal opinion is that Lennon is struggling with his mental health and has been since Tynecastle. Who, being honest, wouldn’t when there’s graffiti up around Edinburgh promoting your hanging? I still don’t think Hibs backed him enough on that.

Anyway, a good employer should support a manager through periods of illness. If that includes giving him a month off to recover, so be it.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    More balance compared to the Hibs TV interview that everyone is talking about?
    The Hibs TV one was - as we know - Parker going through the players.

In this print media one, he acknowledges that they were playing well - its subtle, but seems better to me?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

We’re only static because Motherwell haven’t closed the gap (yet). We’ve hurtled down to 8th place.

With regards to giving them the fixtures this month, that’s absolutely fine if you think we should do that. But giving them the possibility to go about 14 games without a win (because as it stands we don’t look like a team that’s going to win many if any of the upcoming fixtures) is pretty mental IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

And they are very valid. No doubt we are in a bad way but we are by no means out of it.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We’re only static because Motherwell haven’t closed the gap (yet). We’ve hurtled down to 8th place.

With regards to giving them the fixtures this month, that’s absolutely fine if you think we should do that. But giving them the possibility to go about 14 games without a win (because as it stands we don’t look like a team that’s going to win many if any of the upcoming fixtures) is pretty mental IMO.
    Maybe we win and increase the gap today?

Will sacking the manager make winning forthcoming fixtures more likely? I doubt it. Will it cost us loads of money and inhibit our January window activity, almost certainly. What do you think the cost of sacking Lennon and Parker will be Calum, or does that not enter into your equation?

As I said, I guess Lennon will resign if December fixtures go disastrously. In the meantime I back the manager and the team.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 08-12-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Maybe we win and increase the gap today?

Will sacking the manager make winning forthcoming fixtures more likely? I doubt it. Will it cost us loads of money and inhibit our January window activity, almost certainly. What do you think the cost of sacking Lennon and Parker will be Calum, or does that not enter into your equation?

As I said, I guess Lennon will resign if December fixtures go disastrously. In the meantime I back the manager and the team.
    Hopefully we do and in that case I’d be tempted to take it on a sort of game-by-game basis for a while (obviously taking into account that we’ve got difficult games coming up aswell).

I would suggest from what we’ve saw over the last 2 months that yes, we’d be more likely to win the upcoming fixtures under a new manager.

I’ve no idea what it would cost to sack them, nobody does. But it will cost us even more if we stick by them and keep dropping down the league. Note I said if.

I hope he turns it round. I just think everything combined, the performances, results, mental team selections, Lennon not addressing the fans for weeks and Parker throwing the players under the bus adds up to him not being able to come back from this.