hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I’ll be surprised if Lennon is manager by end of January. Something clearly isn’t right at moment and whether that’s because he’s ill or something else, no one outwith the club will really know.

He’s worked a lot under Martin O’Neill so I’d assume he’s taken a lot of O’Neill’s traits with him into management. O’Neill is old school so perhaps Lennon has a bit of that about him too? You can’t tear into players regularly nowadays and maybe it’s got to the stage tha some players have had one too many roasting?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being the main figurehead and doing the interviews etc is literally part of the manager’s job though.

Garry Parker is hardly comfortable in front of the cameras and everyone else at Hibs is schtum so obviously things are amiss ( to say nothing of results).

I’ve always liked Lenny and he’s got credit in the bank, but he’s had a bad month in the job, no question about it.
    Are we really choosing sound bites over substance?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’ve been defending Lennon to the hilt these last few weeks, but that press conference today has got me really worried. It was shockingly bad and very unprofessional. I don’t see how the players are going to look at that and be inspired to play for him or Lennon.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Are we really choosing sound bites over substance?
    I think results are substance enough. Throw in erratic press conferences and statements and it’s obvious that the writing is on the wall for our management team.

I’m gutted at what’s happened. Much as I admire Lennon, I fear his time is coming to an end.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Talented young players coming in, good football being played, a real feel good about the club, Scottish cup win, League Cup final? OK, the league campaign was very poor that season but Lennon only got 1pt more with eye bleeding football and Stubbs had a month like we have coming ahead several months in a row as we were competing on three fronts.

Now we get past it journeymen in, the football is poor, we're 8th in the table, there's a malaise about the club and press conferences that boil down to "not my fault, blame that lot".

Have you forgotten the potential we had?
    It’s baffling how much some can’t see this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    I’ll be surprised if Lennon is manager by end of January. Something clearly isn’t right at moment and whether that’s because he’s ill or something else, no one outwith the club will really know.

He’s worked a lot under Martin O’Neill so I’d assume he’s taken a lot of O’Neill’s traits with him into management. O’Neill is old school so perhaps Lennon has a bit of that about him too? You can’t tear into players regularly nowadays and maybe it’s got to the stage tha some players have had one too many roasting?
    He won’t be the manager by the end of the year. I don’t want him sacked and would love for him to turn it around because Neil Lennon is a good manager make no mistake about that. He isn’t motivated at the club any longer though, making wrong choices and is going through the motions. I would deeply love for him to prove me wrong because he’s a good fit but in all honesty this is leading one way. The disregard for the support that he will know that are majorly behind him is absolutely shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It’s baffling how much some can’t see this.
    Conveniently forgetting the season in between to suit ones agenda.

Lennon deserves a lot of criticism. But it should be based on THIS season.

It wasn’t baffling last season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Because getting someone of the calibre of Neil Lennon was a massive coup for our club.

There is no one, i and I mean that literally, that I would rather have in his place right now.

I think he’s the best thing to happen to us in decades and it sounds like some of us are on the verge of chucking that away.

There is nothing to suggest we could get someone as good as him again. We’ll end up with some other ex Hibs player with no Old Firm connection in the hope that pleases you guys. It’ll be crap.

Anyways, you all carry on moaning about him and hope for someone better.

Again, why not just bloody well support him through this troubled time?
    Nae bother Neil. Get well soon pal 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Conveniently forgetting the season in between to suit ones agenda.

Lennon deserves a lot of criticism. But it should be based on THIS season.

It wasn’t baffling last season.
    Nobody is forgetting last season or the season before.

Have we or haven’t we went from a team full of exciting youngsters and fantastic signings to accompany them to a side full of square pegs round holes?

It’s a simple question by the way. Lennons signing policy has been shambolic and the price is being paid now yet Parker’s going on about signing more in January and getting the players they brought to the clu to ****?

Me, personally will throw it out there, I would ask John Doolan to manage us and push the boat out to bring back both the Parks.

Nobody is forgetting last season or the season before.

Have we or haven’t we went from a team full of exciting youngsters and fantastic signings to accompany them to a side full of square pegs round holes?

It’s a simple question by the way. Lennons signing policy has been shambolic and the price is being paid now yet Parker’s going on about signing more in January and getting the players they brought to the clu to ****?

Me, personally will throw it out there, I would ask John Doolan to manage us and push the boat out to bring back both the Parks.
    Look back to the thread you quoted. It mentioned signing journeymen.

Square pegs in round holes, aye. Journeymen, naw. Make your mind up which one it is.

Not all our signings are poor players. They are poor as a unit though and that is the managers fault.

Again, the post you quoted, you talked about folk being baffled, compared us to life under Stubbs. Acknowledge what has happened between then and now.....

Look back to the thread you quoted. It mentioned signing journeymen.

Square pegs in round holes, aye. Journeymen, naw. Make your mind up which one it is.

Not all our signings are poor players. They are poor as a unit though and that is the managers fault.

Again, the post you quoted, you talked about folk being baffled, compared us to life under Stubbs. Acknowledge what has happened between then and now.....
    Under Stubbs we signed better. And played better football. We also won a major trophy. Now we sign journeyman and play them in wrong systems or or positions. Whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Under Stubbs we signed better. And played better football. We also won a major trophy. Now we sign journeyman and play them in wrong systems or or positions. Whats your point?
    How did all those journeymen help us get a record points total last year?

My point is that folk are forgetting that.

If folk want to judge him on this season then I think he deserves to be slated. But folk want to forget what has happened between Stubbs leaving and now to suit their own argument.

It’s crap now. It hasn’t been crap since Stubbs left though.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    And how can Kamberi, MacLaren, Horgan, Mallan be described as journeymen?

Describe them as poor players if you want but not a single poster on here would have called them a journeymen when they signed.

Played in the wrong system? Definitely.

Left by mutual consent!
    And how can Kamberi, MacLaren, Horgan, Mallan be described as journeymen?

Describe them as poor players if you want but not a single poster on here would have called them a journeymen when they signed.

Played in the wrong system? Definitely.
    What about that boy who played for Hearts? What about the couple of Greek players kicking about? Whittaker (loved him first time round and pains me to say he’s finished) every single signing this summer has been poor in comparison to what we had. Oh aye I would add Slivka and his big journeyman friend in that bracket too.

Left by mutual consent!

If folk want to judge him on this season then I think he deserves to be slated. But folk want to forget what has happened between Stubbs leaving and now to suit their own argument.

Journeymen last year? The core of our side last year that made things tick all season wasn’t signings Neil Lennon signed.

Now he’s got his own players own side on signings and Parker because the mighty Lennon has the flu more than my two year old is saying they or he needs backed to sign Mo Bancura or whatever the guys name was. He will resign, like Collins, saying he’s not been backed in January to deflect from the shambles that’s going on just now. Where is this Neil Lennon leader than couldn’t give a fk about anyone? That will have our club at heart? Because he’s went away on holiday recently
    Last edited by The 90+2; 07-12-2018 at 11:42 PM.

What about that boy who played for Hearts? What about the couple of Greek players kicking about? Whittaker (loved him first time round and pains me to say he’s finished) every single signing this summer has been poor in comparison to what we had. Oh aye I would add Slivka and his big journeyman friend in that bracket too.
    What about all the duds Stubbs signed? Eckersley, Anier, Dagnall, Sinclair, Virtanen and more?

I’ve said that something something odd is going on and Lennon probably needs to go to fix it. I just don’t get the sudden rush to compare it to Stubbs. He’s been away for two and a half years and that time has been largely positive.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Lennons has half a good season. Like both Calderwood and Fenlon did.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Simon Murray, Stokes, Dave, Whittaker, Rheras. All could be classed as Journeyman. All duds imo. The core of the team that got us the success was McGinn, McGeouch, Allan. All 3 scouted And signed by Stubbs (albeit Allan resigned). Maclaren and Kamberi worked brilliantly but at the moment both of their early year form is looking flash in the pan (although I do have faith in Kamberi to turn it round)

Journeymen last year? The core of our side last year that made things tick all season wasn’t signings Neil Lennon signed.

Now he’s got his own players own side on signings and Parker because the mighty Lennon has the flu more than my two year old is saying they or he needs backed to sign Mo Bancura or whatever the guys name was. He will resign, like Collins, saying he’s not been backed in January to deflect from the shambles that’s going on just now. Where is this Neil Lennon leader than couldn’t give a fk about anyone? That will have our club at heart? Because he’s went away on holiday recently
    The team in the second half of last season was no more Stubbs than Lennon.

Marciano, Ambrose, MacLaren, Kamberi signed by him.

Hanlon, Stevenson neither.

McGregor, McGinn, McGeough, Boyle signed by Stubbs.

Allan signed by both.

Again, not disputing what’s going on currently. Think folk are rewriting history though.

You hate him eh.

Record points total but achieved in half a good season.

Not good now, probably time to go. But stuff like that is nonsense.

Comparing him to those two....lol.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 07-12-2018 at 11:53 PM.

And has done nothing in Europe....
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

@hibs.net private member
    Taken stick for it over the months but it's coming true and I'm quite happy to fully put all my cards on the table.

I don't want this pantomime anywhere near our football club.

what do you mean by this ?

This could be a lot of nonsense so don’t have a pop. I’ve heard Hamilton away is Neil’s last game as Hibernian head coach until after the winter break.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    This could be a lot of nonsense so don’t have a pop. I’ve heard Hamilton away is Neil’s last game as Hibernian head coach until after the winter break.
    So is he taking a month off to come back after the break? Unless he's having problems I can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    An love those time related projections fuels the Internet.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    A statement from the club, Parker or Lennon would be nice if this is truly the case and perhaps then we would begin to understand and maybe some on here would cut the gaffer some slack.

At least we would know what is going on.

The silence and lack of communication from Easter Road since the summer has been deafening

A football club is nothing without fans and all we are asking for is to be kept up to date and informed.

It’s easy to sit on a pedestal and snipe at other fans concerns.

As it stands the only regular communication coming out of ER for some time now has been the assistant manager slaughtering players in interviews and press conferences. Maybe some don’t feel that’s an issue but it rarely ends well and it’s our only real insight into what’s going on within the squad.

It’s total car crash stuff every time Parker speaks and if it was a different personality talking about Kamberi, in particular, in such a way people would be up in arms about it. Whatever the **** is going on needs to be sorted out.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

As it stands the only regular communication coming out of ER for some time now has been the assistant manager slaughtering players in interviews and press conferences. Maybe some don’t feel that’s an issue but it rarely ends well and it’s our only real insight into what’s going on within the squad.

It’s total car crash stuff every time Parker speaks and if it was a different personality talking about Kamberi, in particular, in such a way people would be up in arms about it. Whatever the **** is going on needs to be sorted out.
    Not sitting on a pedestal or prejudging anyone just asking for transparency

Agree whatever is going on needs to be sorted ASAP!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Agree.

Some fans really get so defensive over anything Hibs they just can’t see any bad in anything we do. It’s ok to still support Hibs but find certain things worthy of criticism and it doesn’t make you any less of a hibs fan, it’s ok to give an honest opinion but I’m not sure some people see it like that.

If this wasn’t Hibs, say it was Mourinho at Man U for example I’m sure people would nearly all agree that it’s a shambles and unlikely to turn it around.

Has there ever been an example of a manager ignoring media duties for a prolonged period and then turning it around later?

Will Lennon even be at the game today? If he was claiming to have the flu yesterday that’s not a 24 hour illness, if it wasn’t the flu and just a bad cold then he should have been at training.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    “It’s been a tough few weeks but we’re in it together, we’re all working hard to turn it around, they’re good players they just need to find their confidence again” ........etc etc etc

Any number of cliches are bound to be more effective than creating an us and them environment within the squad.
    They will have had a strip torn off them after the games on saturday and wednesday, they have been told in no uncertain terms that these performances are not good enough after a few of the recent games.

They will also know that the management team are not happy with whats gone on recently, i dont see what then going soft on them with cliches and bull**** will help.

These players need to know that these results are not acceptable, and that its downhill after Hibs for most of this lot, and only they can sort this.

Its time to shape up, as if they think this is bad at Easter Road, lets see how they like it in the first division or worse.