hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Skipping press conf? It happens to the best of em. Can we move on...

https://www.news18.com/footballnext/...ce-594941.html

Based on overall performances I think we need to consider Lennon not just on current form.

Whether he attendends PC or not doesn’t mean one thing or other for leadership. Just that he’s not dancing to someone else’s tune.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Missing one press conference is fine.

To miss them all and say that Parker will be doing the media for the foreseeable future is odd and points to something being amiss.

Imo of course

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Missing one press conference is fine.

To miss them all and say that Parker will be doing the media for the foreseeable future is odd and points to something being amiss.

Imo of course
    I agree. Not saying we should be sacking him cause of this but its an issue. I might send staff I manage to do a difficult presentation if really necessary but I wouldn't just say nah I'm not doing them anymore and leave it to someone else.

The fans are having a hard time at the moment and you look to the guy leading the football team to come out and give you confidence and reassure you.

Lennon has made a few comments in the past after games about wanting to leave and I wonder if there is concern he'll say something similar.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    https://www.news18.com/footballnext/...ce-594941.html

Based on overall performances I think we need to consider Lennon not just on current form.

Whether he attendends PC or not doesn’t mean one thing or other for leadership. Just that he’s not dancing to someone else’s tune.

The supporters want to hear/see him give an explanation. All is good, just a little dip in form, we can and will sort this. Give us something, anything!

Left by mutual consent!
    Did Lennon skip press conferences at Celtic? Or did one of their own give the support explanations during tough runs and front up for the club? Poor Parker in all of this.

Here’s one since you asked ...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&so...44222129974070

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Did Lennon skip press conferences at Celtic? Or did one of their own give the support explanations during tough runs and front up for the club? Poor Parker in all of this.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Honestly starting to believe Lennon thinks he's above the club and can do what he likes.

This run of form is nothing short of diabolical and he has a lot to answer for, yet he just doesn't bother with the press conferences anymore. Not exactly showing the leadership he is supposed to.

Parker's explaining the decisions and telling us what we need to know, and I don't have a problem with either what he's saying or the fact that it's hi saying it.

I like Parker, he comes across well.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Parker's explaining the decisions and telling us what we need to know, and I don't have a problem with either what he's saying or the fact that it's hi saying it.

Parker does come across well but during a run like this you want the guy who’s ultimately responsible to come out and attempt to give an explanation as to what’s going on. Instead he has went into hiding. It’s not exactly the sign of a leader.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Parker does come across well but during a run like this you want the guy who’s ultimately responsible to come out and attempt to give an explanation as to what’s going on. Instead he has went into hiding. It’s not exactly the sign of a leader.
    He has gone into hiding

Can we put together a search party to find him?

FAO LENNON, YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE
    Last edited by Elephant Stone; 06-12-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    He has gone into hiding

Can we put together a search party to find him?

FAO LENNON, YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE
    Attempting to deflect from the point due to the turn of phrase used. Anything constructive to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Each to their own but I don’t think he comes across well at all.

I feel for him as to me it’s clear being in front of the media is something he doesn’t feel comfortable doing and I suspect one of the reasons he doesn’t want to be a manager himself. I also don’t like players being openly criticised by their management, that should be done behind closed doors imo.

I know some people like the honesty but there’s ways of being honest without chucking the players under the bus.

It’s not words it’s actions.
    When the going got tough iirc Stubbs got his head down and quietly went about his business.
    Me at way for Lennon to use his energy is probably not in interviews at the no’.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Honestly starting to believe Lennon thinks he's above the club and can do what he likes.

This run of form is nothing short of diabolical and he has a lot to answer for, yet he just doesn't bother with the press conferences anymore. Not exactly showing the leadership he is supposed to.
    I’m on this page too. He is not bigger than our club and should act accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by chookyembra View Post
    I’m on this page too. He is not bigger than our club and should act accordingly.
    This very week we had Mallan speak to the press and a .net post saying effectively stop with words we want action. Sometimes when theres a lot of stuff flying around it doesn’t matter what is said it gets caught in the crossfire and maelstrom.

We need action not the “theatre” of the post match interview - there was one btw! Let’s not get hung up on the semantics.

So the answer would appear to be “no” we can’t move on right now so what is it that folks are waiting for or will this continue to be a thing/stick until Lennon either givea a state of the nation, the team goes on a winning streak, resigns or something else?

Do we want to hear “rejects” sounbites, “plataues” go over analyse add future pressure require Lennon to explain OR just get on with the job (god Therese has made that phrase trigger a Pavlovian response in me ;)

If Butcher did this during our rut he would have been crucified and it would have been rememebred for years as an example of his ineptness. Or if Calderwood did it it would have been seen as an example of how little he cared.

I want to see Lennon turn this around but some of the slack he’s being cut by some people is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    If Butcher did this during our rut he would have been crucified and it would have been rememebred for years as an example of his ineptness. Or if Calderwood did it it would have been seen as an example of how little he cared.

I want to see Lennon turn this around but some of the slack he’s being cut by some people is unreal.
    Not taking sides but Butcher did. The only time he spoke before Hamilton away was the 3-3 draw against well.

Many managers/coaches have missed post match interviews.
    No less than the Great Fergie.
    Not a fan of these impromptu "interrogations" as some turn out.
    How many managers have ended up in front of the "beaks" for comments made about officials at them?
    Also some interviewers look for the controversial "soundbite" for a headline.
    Or just ask stupid/banal questions.
    (Strachan was always good at deflecting those ones or just blanking the interviewer.
    And many times, it has nought to do with the game, but the man in question.
    In this instance, Lenny.
    I notice so many personal questions asked of Neil in the past,rather than the game just finished.

So maybe he has had enough ,for the time being , of questions like
    How are you going to turn this round?
    or
    Will your position be untenable, if this poor run goes goes on?

Maybe best ,in such circumstances, that post match interviews are delegated to others.
    Or even sought the following day, when things have "calmed down"

Post match interviews, a few minutes after the final whistle, are events most managers would maybe prefer not to do.

Particularly after a defeat !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 06-12-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    Not taking sides but Butcher did. The only time he spoke before Hamilton away was the 3-3 draw against well.
    Butcher spoke to Hibs TV every week without fail.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Managers talk pish, managers lie, i really dont know why folk hang onto every word as gospel?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    That 3-3 was in the March and he came out with the "sometimes it's good to lose a goal early" pish in April after st.mirren gubbed us away from home

I would have preferred it if Butcher had skipped the press events, TBH. Then we wouldn't have had to hear his wierd logic on games that went wrong, like...

"losing the first goal takes away the fear of losing the first goal".

As a totally random thought on the subject, not based on any inside info...

Is it possible he's been told not to speak to the press so often? Maybe because some of us, myself included, were getting annoyed at some of the stuff he was coming out with, so somebody felt it would be for the best if he just didn't say anything.

Perhaps there could also be an element of him realising he has trouble sticking to just the football side of things (not a criticism, I ramble on a bit as well) and felt he should have a break from it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    As a totally random thought on the subject, not based on any inside info...

Is it possible he's been told not to speak to the press so often? Maybe because some of us, myself included, were getting annoyed at some of the stuff he was coming out with, so somebody felt it would be for the best if he just didn't say anything.

Perhaps there could also be an element of him realising he has trouble sticking to just the football side of things (not a criticism, I ramble on a bit as well) and felt he should have a break from it for a while.
    On both points: Yes!
    These are actually sensible and rational explanations.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Would you rather that everyone was jumping up and down bumping their gums?

What would that achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Would you rather that everyone was jumping up and down bumping their gums?

What would that achieve?
    No what I would rather is that some people be realistic and hold Lennon to a higher standard than they currently do. Some (not aiming this at you) will make any excuse for him at this point and not see any of his mistakes or poor decisions.

Imo him choosing to dodge press is a poor decision, while we may not come away with anything from him actually speaking, it's his job to do give his thoughts or explanations for things. We're all held accountable in our jobs for our actions and performances and we are expected to explain the bad just like we expect to be praised for the good. It goes both ways.

I'm a bit old fashioned in that I believe we the fans are Neils employer, and I wager that while the vast majority of Hibs fans don't want to see him sacked and fully back him to fix this (including myself), they would also expect to hear from him at this time and will be a bit miffed that he has chosen this option.

Indeed he's getting an easy ride because of who he is...if any of our previous managers done his during such a chronic run of form the fans would be baying for blood. Imo its just not on TBH and he's treating the hibs fans with a bit of contempt

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No press conference today yet?

Thought it was normally at about 2/3pm but doesn’t seem to be anything coming out today.

Even if there’s nothing controversial you usually get injury updates by now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    No press conference today yet?

Thought it was normally at about 2/3pm but doesn’t seem to be anything coming out today.

Even if there’s nothing controversial you usually get injury updates by now.
    It's normally on Thursdays?

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    It's normally on Thursdays?
    Nah, the pre-match press conference is normally the day before.

Think Hearts is on a Thursday and we are Friday.