hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 223 of 223
  1. #211
    @hibs.net private member connerg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wardie
    Age
    49
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good post. Iím backing the manager and the players. Theyíve all earned that right, and a poor run shouldnít mean we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

    Personal opinion is that Lennon is struggling with his mental health and has been since Tynecastle. Who, being honest, wouldnít when thereís graffiti up around Edinburgh promoting your hanging? I still donít think Hibs backed him enough on that.

    Anyway, a good employer should support a manager through periods of illness. If that includes giving him a month off to recover, so be it.
    Good post too.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #212
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good post. Iím backing the manager and the players. Theyíve all earned that right, and a poor run shouldnít mean we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

    Personal opinion is that Lennon is struggling with his mental health and has been since Tynecastle. Who, being honest, wouldnít when thereís graffiti up around Edinburgh promoting your hanging? I still donít think Hibs backed him enough on that.

    Anyway, a good employer should support a manager through periods of illness. If that includes giving him a month off to recover, so be it.

    Fair point re Tynecastle. It does seem to be the moment that Lennon's spark started to fizzle out.

    Perhaps this has affected the team spirit and opened a gap between those players who can play and care and those that are purely journeymen.

    However, a couple of wins and things will be better. I have always put my trust in the manager but I am not too blind to see he has issues.

  4. #213
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    19,507
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good post. Iím backing the manager and the players. Theyíve all earned that right, and a poor run shouldnít mean we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

    Personal opinion is that Lennon is struggling with his mental health and has been since Tynecastle. Who, being honest, wouldnít when thereís graffiti up around Edinburgh promoting your hanging? I still donít think Hibs backed him enough on that.

    Anyway, a good employer should support a manager through periods of illness. If that includes giving him a month off to recover, so be it.
    If the club turned round tonight and said they backed the manager and had no intention of sacking him however were giving him a month off to get his head together and recharge the batteries I would be delighted with that. It would show leadership and recognise things arenít right just now. I think Lennon is a good manager but I donít think heís getting things right just now.

    Itís this drifting along towards almost inevitable failure with no sign of leadership that is worrying me. If Lennonís head isnít in the right place to be managing and motivating people just now it would be better if he wasnít around just now imo. If thereís a potential solution for this problem without sacking him we should be exploring that option.

  5. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the club turned round tonight and said they backed the manager and had no intention of sacking him however were giving him a month off to get his head together and recharge the batteries I would be delighted with that. It would show leadership and recognise things arenít right just now. I think Lennon is a good manager but I donít think heís getting things right just now.

    Itís this drifting along towards almost inevitable failure with no sign of leadership that is worrying me. If Lennonís head isnít in the right place to be managing and motivating people just now it would be better if he wasnít around just now imo. If thereís a potential solution for this problem without sacking him we should be exploring that option.
    If this was something the club did then the club and Lennon get my full respect and support.

  6. #215
    First Team Regular Renfrew_Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Renfrew, Renfrewshire
    Posts
    618
    If this is a mental health issue then this is a good test of Leeann and Hibs.
    How does a responsible employer deal with this in 2018?
    Now a professional football club in the spotlight of the media and with a demanding fan/customer base isn't like an ordinary employer.

    The first team manager is central to everything on the pitch. A normal employer couldn't ditch an employee whose performance has dropped due to a bout of depression for example without trying to assist that individual, usually sick leave would be a normal course of action, why should a football club be any different?

    For what it's worth I suspect that the graffiti has had a deeper impact on Neil than being hit by the coin.
    I feel that neither the club, media or even the police addressed it in any shape or form.
    Lennon himself made reference to the graffiti, he viewed as being racist and representing a culture in Scottish society that just isnt being addressed properly.

    Look at the response to a banana skin being thrown onto the pitch in the North London Derby and compare that to our response to an open death threat contrived from a culture of accepted sectarianism or racism that we have here.
    When Leeann and the budgie cosied up together to condem coins, punches and flares, the more powerful graffiti should also have been addressed.

    The media quoted Lennons views on our society but did nothing about questioning those comments, poor poor stuff from them.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 08-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.

  7. #216
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    8,165
    Really hoping Lenny doesn't do the post-match presser now.

  8. #217
    @hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really hoping Lenny doesn't do the post-match presser now.
    He didnít

    https://youtu.be/iQ6rucv9DEM


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #218
    @hibs.net private member VivaPalmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,137
    We hear a lot about game management.
    Our ridiculous context is that we have a bit of an insane amount of games in short space.
    Lennon needs to manage himself around that so heís on top of his game
    if that means skipping potentially energy sapping conferences getting embroiled with media looking to poke the bear and it get me in the way of resting and moving on to next game, so be it.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

    ....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

  10. #219
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So shambles on Wednesday night followed by Lennon ripping into them for 45 minutes after the game. The players are off on Thursday and then Lennon is off sick on Friday. Yet itís the players that are being called out in public for not trying hard enough.

    Suppose Lennon genuinely is sick today and he really does have the flu (aye right), thatís the problem with him avoiding media duties recently, itís a case of boy who cried wolf.

    Dempster canít be very happy at seeing that today either.
    Here is the thing LD should in my opinion be clarifying the whole thing.
    She has also gone quite maybe the mighty Rod P is interfering pissing everyone off .

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  11. #220
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the club turned round tonight and said they backed the manager and had no intention of sacking him however were giving him a month off to get his head together and recharge the batteries I would be delighted with that. It would show leadership and recognise things arenít right just now. I think Lennon is a good manager but I donít think heís getting things right just now.

    Itís this drifting along towards almost inevitable failure with no sign of leadership that is worrying me. If Lennonís head isnít in the right place to be managing and motivating people just now it would be better if he wasnít around just now imo. If thereís a potential solution for this problem without sacking him we should be exploring that option.
    100% agree with your post I've been saying the same .
    Even to the point of appointing a temporary manager for a month or whatever is required to assist.
    I don't like the silence from the club if Neil is struggling then you need to take away the pressure points that are causing it .
    Perhaps the press are one of these things hence the non appearance.


    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  12. #221
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,017
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% agree with your post I've been saying the same .
    Even to the point of appointing a temporary manager for a month or whatever is required to assist.
    I don't like the silence from the club if Neil is struggling then you need to take away the pressure points that are causing it .
    Perhaps the press are one of these things hence the non appearance.


    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I understand why fans want clarity ..and perhaps we will get some..but if there is a situation being managed , the priority here has to be Lennonís health..so if the strategy and advice is keep working , keep a lower profile and try to work through it ..then perhaps we should let him do just that ..when he is ready he will talk about it - he usually does..

  13. #222
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand why fans want clarity ..and perhaps we will get some..but if there is a situation being managed , the priority here has to be Lennonís health..so if the strategy and advice is keep working , keep a lower profile and try to work through it ..then perhaps we should let him do just that ..when he is ready he will talk about it - he usually does..
    I get that and totally agree with you.
    I'm just thinking to when I'm at my worst and what helps .That can be removing the stress issues.
    I suppose we are all just guessing and assuming this is a bought of depression and if it is want to help but as you say he will be getting guidance .



    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  14. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didnít

    https://youtu.be/iQ6rucv9DEM


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can we start a collection to buy Gary a razor and a comb 😂

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved