hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55
  1. #31
    Testimonial Due Elephant Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's hardly going to come out and say otherwise though
    That's what I thought when I read the headline but when you look at what he actually says it looks sincere.

    ďWeíre really lucky to have the gaffer. A lot of people are saying heís lost the 
changing-room, but thatís nonsense. I think the main thing is that we donít lose him because heís the best manager weíve had in years and it would be terrible if we lost him.Ē


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Porteous says he hasn't.
    Good interview with Porteous (if you can be bothered trying to scroll down the clunky Scotsman website), especially for one so young (19). Future captaincy material.

    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...nnon-1-4840608

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    20,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís not a rumour. Stevie Mallan confirmed it happened in the press pre game.

    Do you have a link to the article?

  5. #34
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Literally taken straight off of Kickback btw.
    Ahh ok, it was sent to our work WhatsApp group by a Killie fan from our depot through the west.

    Mark as pi$h.

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    8,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have a link to the article?

    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...layer-15504870

  7. #36
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,393
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Tell you what, bet Levein is delighted at the referee decisions against him over the last couple of games or he'd be having to put up with all of the 'lost the dressing room' speculation as well. Talk about getting the heat taken off you.

  8. #37
    'S' Form
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    13
    I've not been on here in a while.. so apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

    But I caught the Sportscene highlights when I got in on Wednesday. Steven Thompson mentioned that Hibs, since the Celtic game at Parkhead (where we actually performed pretty well), haven't been the same side since - which is completely true. This was also the same game that Lennon came out with comments about having a team of rejects here at Hibs - or words to that effect. Which I thought was completely unnecessary at the time, but annoys me even more now.

    If I was a player, I'd be offended at that sort of comment. Do you think Steve Clark was publicly calling his players rejects 10 games into the season? Absolutely no chance - and they signed a player was freed by Queen's Park last season!

    Lennon's a winner and I love seeing someone who expresses how passionate they are. But I seriously worry that he's lost a few players faith by making a stupid remark like that. I don't care that the point he's making is, strictly speaking, quite true - but you just don't say that. We as a club know where we are and who we are, we don't need to tell people that. He hung the players out to dry in that interview and I wouldn't underestimate the negative impact that a small remark like that can make.

    I could go off on a tangent about his media silence as well.. but that's probably best for another thread. I want Lennon to be the Hibs manager for years and years to come. But he needs to take a look at himself and understand that it isn't all about him.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,929
    He didnít say that at all.

    He was saying that in comparison to Celtic having players worth millions we sign players that had been rejected, for whatever reason, by their previous club.

    Still, itís another reason to have a go at our manager before he leaves eh.

    Got to get all the hate out now.

    Give him dogs abuse, say he not healthy enough for the role, call him a coward and go back to having anyone in charge who doesnít give a damn if we win lose or draw.

    That will get us back to where we belong.

    #naturalorder
    #knowour place
    #prayforNeil

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    49,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not been on here in a while.. so apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

    But I caught the Sportscene highlights when I got in on Wednesday. Steven Thompson mentioned that Hibs, since the Celtic game at Parkhead (where we actually performed pretty well), haven't been the same side since - which is completely true. This was also the same game that Lennon came out with comments about having a team of rejects here at Hibs - or words to that effect. Which I thought was completely unnecessary at the time, but annoys me even more now.

    If I was a player, I'd be offended at that sort of comment. Do you think Steve Clark was publicly calling his players rejects 10 games into the season? Absolutely no chance - and they signed a player was freed by Queen's Park last season!

    Lennon's a winner and I love seeing someone who expresses how passionate they are. But I seriously worry that he's lost a few players faith by making a stupid remark like that. I don't care that the point he's making is, strictly speaking, quite true - but you just don't say that. We as a club know where we are and who we are, we don't need to tell people that. He hung the players out to dry in that interview and I wouldn't underestimate the negative impact that a small remark like that can make.

    I could go off on a tangent about his media silence as well.. but that's probably best for another thread. I want Lennon to be the Hibs manager for years and years to come. But he needs to take a look at himself and understand that it isn't all about him.
    Try and make it a bit longer next time.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not been on here in a while.. so apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

    But I caught the Sportscene highlights when I got in on Wednesday. Steven Thompson mentioned that Hibs, since the Celtic game at Parkhead (where we actually performed pretty well), haven't been the same side since - which is completely true. This was also the same game that Lennon came out with comments about having a team of rejects here at Hibs - or words to that effect. Which I thought was completely unnecessary at the time, but annoys me even more now.

    If I was a player, I'd be offended at that sort of comment. Do you think Steve Clark was publicly calling his players rejects 10 games into the season? Absolutely no chance - and they signed a player was freed by Queen's Park last season!

    Lennon's a winner and I love seeing someone who expresses how passionate they are. But I seriously worry that he's lost a few players faith by making a stupid remark like that. I don't care that the point he's making is, strictly speaking, quite true - but you just don't say that. We as a club know where we are and who we are, we don't need to tell people that. He hung the players out to dry in that interview and I wouldn't underestimate the negative impact that a small remark like that can make.

    I could go off on a tangent about his media silence as well.. but that's probably best for another thread. I want Lennon to be the Hibs manager for years and years to come. But he needs to take a look at himself and understand that it isn't all about him.
    They must be right sensitive wee souls right enough.

    Hung the players out to dry? How did he do that? By stating the obvious when comparing budgets and playing resources?

    As for faith, he picks them to play, that shows faith to me and would be all the recognition I ever needed when playing football. These guys are hardened professionals and itís a tough game. I doubt very much that the odd odd public remark is responsible for the downturn in our fortunes.

    How about considering injuries to key players like Hanlon, McGregor, Gray and McLaren. Maybe add in on-going issues that are inhibiting the likes of Bartley, Kamberi and possibly Boyle. Take into account that major signings, like Mallan, Horgan and Milligan havenít been able to deliver what we need.

    Aye, Lennon has some responsibility, but lets not get too precious about media comments and the like. I prefer to look at the more obvious factors, as highlighted.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    20,241
    How can you lose the Dressing Room?

    Just walk past the main stand reception and keep going for a few yards and, IIRC, it's on the left hand side.


    Glad to be of service.

  13. #42
    'S' Form
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They must be right sensitive wee souls right enough.

    Hung the players out to dry? How did he do that? By stating the obvious when comparing budgets and playing resources?

    As for faith, he picks them to play, that shows faith to me and would be all the recognition I ever needed when playing football. These guys are hardened professionals and itís a tough game. I doubt very much that the odd odd public remark is responsible for the downturn in our fortunes.

    How about considering injuries to key players like Hanlon, McGregor, Gray and McLaren. Maybe add in on-going issues that are inhibiting the likes of Bartley, Kamberi and possibly Boyle. Take into account that major signings, like Mallan, Horgan and Milligan havenít been able to deliver what we need.

    Aye, Lennon has some responsibility, but lets not get too precious about media comments and the like. I prefer to look at the more obvious factors, as highlighted.
    He picks those players because, letís be honest, who else have we got? You just named a team-sheet of injuries, thatís why they keep playing..not on merit.

    I understand your point regarding Horgan, Milligan, Mallon etc all underperforming - but then are you asking yourself why? Because by my reckoning they were all doing more than alright up until that game at Parkhead. Iím not saying itís the soul reason - but I donít think people appreciate what impact a comment like that can have on some players

  14. #43
    Is young Porteous the Lewis Stevenson to John Collins?

  15. #44
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He picks those players because, letís be honest, who else have we got? You just named a team-sheet of injuries, thatís why they keep playing..not on merit.

    I understand your point regarding Horgan, Milligan, Mallon etc all underperforming - but then are you asking yourself why? Because by my reckoning they were all doing more than alright up until that game at Parkhead. Iím not saying itís the soul reason - but I donít think people appreciate what impact a comment like that can have on some players
    Take it you just chose to ignore the truth being explained regarding the version of bollocks & prefer to listen to nonsense!

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,348
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, bet Levein is delighted at the referee decisions against him over the last couple of games or he'd be having to put up with all of the 'lost the dressing room' speculation as well. Talk about getting the heat taken off you.
    You'd hope the thieves fans on here taking a pop at Hibs are at least as evident and prolific on their own sites. Mind you history shows them to be a pretty inert compliant lot.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  17. #46
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didnít say that at all.

    and go back to having anyone in charge who doesnít give a damn if we win lose or draw.
    l
    Please show me where ANYONE is saying that. Any manager will care about winning. Thatís not a qualification for the job.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  18. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell you what, bet Levein is delighted at the referee decisions against him over the last couple of games or he'd be having to put up with all of the 'lost the dressing room' speculation as well. Talk about getting the heat taken off you.
    Good shout. Him having Haring by the throat the other nightís not even been reported.

  19. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not been on here in a while.. so apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

    But I caught the Sportscene highlights when I got in on Wednesday. Steven Thompson mentioned that Hibs, since the Celtic game at Parkhead (where we actually performed pretty well), haven't been the same side since - which is completely true.
    I do not know why this myth has persisted, we were absolutely atrocious in the first half at Parkhead, with some absolutely embarrassing defending giving away two cheap goals in the first twenty minutes. The second half saw some good, counter-attacking football going forward, but more weak defending that meant every time we got back into the game, Celtic merely swanned down the other end and helped themselves to another goal. It certainly wasn't a good performance by any means.

  20. #49
    First Team Regular Prof. Shaggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He picks those players because, let’s be honest, who else have we got? You just named a team-sheet of injuries, that’s why they keep playing..not on merit.

    I understand your point regarding Horgan, Milligan, Mallon etc all underperforming - but then are you asking yourself why? Because by my reckoning they were all doing more than alright up until that game at Parkhead. I’m not saying it’s the soul reason - but I don’t think people appreciate what impact a comment like that can have on some players
    Yup! Lennon picks the players he's got and not the players he doesn't have.

    Brilliant!
    Stick around will you? I feel we could all learn a lot from you.


    Oh and could you explain a "soul reason" to the ecumenically challenged among us, please.
    Last edited by Prof. Shaggy; 07-12-2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Missed a trick

  21. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very funny watching you trying to fight fires all over .net these past few weeks, one of the only, small upsides to this disaster that Lennon's presiding over.
    Cheers bud
    One tries one's best.

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís a few folk wouldíve had Kamberi by the throat after his last couple of performances 😂
    Aye, join the queue...it currently stretches down Albion Road and half way down Easter Road

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although I agree with most of this - if youíve got a manger that demotivates you itís hard to give 100% even if youíre trying to do your best.
    Likewise if you've got a player or two that demotivate you (through inept performances) it's hard for a manager to give 100% even if he is trying to do his best..

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Likewise if you've got a player or two that demotivate you (through inept performances) it's hard for a manager to give 100% even if he is trying to do his best..
    You can drop the player - the players canít drop the manager.

  25. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you lose the Dressing Room?

    Just walk past the main stand reception and keep going for a few yards and, IIRC, it's on the left hand side.


    Glad to be of service.
    Boom, boom!
    Every one a coconut!

  26. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can drop the player - the players canít drop the manager.
    Ironically they can down tools and then sit back and watch the manager get sacked - inadvertently " dropping him" as a direct consequence of their actions.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved