hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

In Neil Lennon we trust

Got us promoted to the Premiership at the first time of asking.
    Got us to two semi-final’s and gave us one of our main ambitions of playing European football after one season in the premiership.
    Got the team playing the best football we have seen in decades.
    Only 2 defeats in 8 derby matches. Unbeaten at home.
    Unbeaten at Ibrox.

We’ve dropped a lot of points in the last 6 games but Saturday is a new start. I started a thread before the Dundee game saying the next 4 games are vital otherwise we are in trouble. We have taken 1 point out of a possible 9 so far out of those 4 games. But I have faith this man is going to turn this around.

In Lennon we trust.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hear ****ing hear

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got us to two semi-final’s and gave us one of our main ambitions of playing European football after one season in the premiership.
    Only 2 defeats in 8 derby matches
    . Unbeaten at home.
    Unbeaten at Ibrox.

We’ve dropped a lot of points in the last 6 games but Saturday is a new start. I started a thread before the Dundee game saying the next 4 games are vital otherwise we are in trouble. We have taken 1 point out of a possible 9 so far out of those 4 games. But I have faith this man is going to turn this around.

In Lennon we trust.
    These are the facts that anti-Neil Lennon supporters choose to ignore - focusing rather on our present 7 game slump.

I agree, that for now at least, Lennon is still the man for the job. However, he can't live off past acomplishments, thats all very well and good but it's what he can do NOW that matters. ATM the team is performing well below par and we are struggling against teams we really should be comfortably beating, especially at home!

I stand by him now but things need to change and FAST or we are in danger of undoing all the progress we've made in the last 4 years and finding ourselves back to being a mediocre bottom 6 team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stubbs had us playing in Europe, getting to finals and skelping Hearts.

Best football since...uhhh Mowbray. I suppose 1.2 decades counts as “decades”.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Stubbs had us playing in Europe, getting to finals and skelping Hearts.

Best football since...uhhh Mowbray. I suppose 1.2 decades counts as “decades”.
    Stubbs will always be a legend for winning the Scottish Cup. However he couldn’t get us to a play off final after 2 seasons in the championship. Since he has left he has been sacked by Rotherham and St Mirren.

Testimonial Due
    Unbeaten at Ibrox.

In Lennon we trust.
    In decades? Behave, Mowbrays and McLeishs teams were as good, and both finished higher in the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stubbs will always be a legend for winning the Scottish Cup. However he couldn’t get us to a play off final after 2 seasons in the championship. Since he has left he has been sacked by Rotherham and St Mirren.
    I’m not saying Stubbs is the answer, I was just pointing out most of Lennons strengths cited by the OP also applied to Stubbs.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    These are the facts that anti-Neil Lennon supporters choose to ignore - focusing rather on our present 7 game slump.
    “Pro-Neil Lennon” fans choose to ignore his shambolic transfer dealings, that’s a fact as well, most of his signings have been garbage. Stubbs team got us promoted. In seriousness, why not just state your support without labelling other fans.

The gulf between resources when we got promoted...not being funny but I’d expect a seasoned Football Manager player to have been able to get us promoted. Some of the teams we were playing had average attendances of 1-2k...

Quality over quantity has ended up being small levels of dross. Most of our best starting line up is still Stubbs based. We seem to be playing Kamberi, MacLaren, Boyle and Horgan because we simply don’t have other players. Hence why we are also starting Shaw.

How long does the slump have to continue before it becomes more relevant than what happened in bygone seasons? I'm not 'anti Neil Lennon' but I care primarily about the here and now and we are in total freefall. I could even accept results not going our way if we were playing well but we are turning in utterly woeful performances week in and week out to go along with the crap results.

The players undoubtedly need to shoulder a chunk of the blame but so does the manager. It's his team, his players, his selections and his tactics that are playing a part in the shambles this season is becoming.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The latest stats are the most important though, and trusting the manager is all well and good, but everything is pointing towards an alarming break down and undoing of all the previous good work.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    I 100% back him.

Unbeaten at Ibrox.

In Lennon we trust.
    1- promoted at first time of asking was actually the first time we were favourites to go up. Anything else would have been an embarrassment.

2- got us to 2 semi finals and lost both. That's hardly a great achievement is it?

3- fair enough we got into Europe in our first season back which was a very good achievement

4- best football for one half of a season. We lumped it up to Holt and Graham in the championship, then stokes first half of last and now kamberi this season.

5- 0 wins at tynecastle and his unnessecary tinkering with the team and throwing in players out the blue is a common occurrence when we go to tynecastle.

6- 2 good wins at ibrox. Is that reason enough to keep him when we can't even beat st.johnstone, Dundee and st.mirren at home in the here and now?

Left by mutual consent!
    A lot of people saying that Lennon took over Stubbs’s signings. But you could probably agree that those players improved massively under Lennon’s management.

We have 6 games between now and the winter break. How many of them do you think we are likely to win? A couple at most maybe?

We’ll be talking about a couple of wins in 13 games.

It’s not just a slump. Something is seriously wrong.

Unfortunately he has lost the dressing room with his eratic behaviours. The end is nigh.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    A lot of people saying that Lennon took over Stubbs’s signings. But you could probably agree that those players improved massively under Lennon’s management.
    Boyle maybe, certainly not at the moment though. Which other player has improved?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Unfortunately he has lost the dressing room with his eratic behaviours. The end is nigh.
    Source?

Testimonial Due
    It certainly looks that way to me.

In lennon I don't trust, the mans up and down like a yoyo just like his team. He can't even face the media when the going gets tough. Unprofessional as a manager comes.

It’s so apparent the way the players are at the moment.

I think it’s a matter of when, not if he goes now.

In by far the easiest of the three Championships we had to contend with.

Stubbs got us to three semi finals, two finals, won us the cup and gave us European football.

Debatable, and with a midfield trio that Stubbs signed (he re-signed Allan and that's it).

Stubbs lost 1 in 6. He was also unbeaten at home. He also had a go at them at Tynecastle, with Hibs scoring in all four derbies we played there, including a memorable 2-2 draw having been 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go. We have scored just once in four derbies there under Lennon, from the penalty spot.

Unbeaten at Ibrox.
    A very good achievement from Lennon, Stubbs also managed two, comprehensive victories at Ibrox in his time with us too.

See how anyone can manipulate stats to make a case for almost any manager?
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 05-12-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    How long does the slump have to continue before it becomes more relevant than what happened in bygone seasons? I'm not 'anti Neil Lennon' but I care primarily about the here and now and we are in total freefall. I could even accept results not going our way if we were playing well but we are turning in utterly woeful performances week in and week out to go along with the crap results.

The players undoubtedly need to shoulder a chunk of the blame but so does the manager. It's his team, his players, his selections and his tactics that are playing a part in the shambles this season is becoming.
    I agree. At the moment it is just a "7 game slump"; at what point does the slump become one where a change is necessary? 10? 12? Or, for some, do we just never reach that stage? I desperately hope Lennon can turn this around, starting on Saturday, but if he doesn't there is no reason why he shouldn't meet the same fate as any other manager who is unable to field a winning team.

Left by mutual consent!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Boyle maybe, certainly not at the moment though. Which other player has improved?
    I thought McGeough, Allan and McGinn all improved under Lennon. Which other players would you count as Stubbs signing? Maybe Bartley, arguably could say he has improved also

Left by mutual consent!
    Lennon wouldn’t have taken us out the league the seasons we had under Stubbs.

Stubbs and George Craig with the assistance of LD built a football club and an actual team! Stubbs also won us building his own team our holy grail. Lennon recently hasn’t got an actual clue when it’s csme down to bringing his own players in and developing his own team. Not one clue.

Trust Lennon? Based on what? He can’t even trust himself to come out to be interviewed. To say sorry for his actions have spoiled our season up and set us back big time.

I said 8k, got called a drama queen but that’s around the mark it was tonight. We are bottom six and it’s the managers fault and nobody else, nothing to do with Petrie. The guy thinks he’s too good for us and is being found out as tactically rotten and a piss poor man manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought McGeough, Allan and McGinn all improved under Lennon. Which other players would you count as Stubbs signing? Maybe Bartley, arguably could say he has improved also
    No they didn’t 😂😂😂 Almost back to his best. McGinn an Dylan where improving regardless of the manager.

First season Stubbs had to chuck together a team from nothing with hearts and rangers in the league. We ended up 2nd and lost to rangers. Most hibs fans didn't expect us to even make the play offs in September 2014 cause we were poor up until the win at ibrox where everything seemed to click. Second season he had rangers in the league and going for it big time and we matched them until the end of February and maintained a run in both cups. Then the wheels came off in the league a bit but mitigating circumstances like getting to 2 cup finals with a small squad had a lot to do with it.

Let's not make out Stubbs was a complete disaster in the league; because he clearly wasn't.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    In by far the easiest of the three Championships we had to contend with.

Stubbs got us to three semi finals, two finals, won us the cup and gave us European football.

Debatable, and with a midfield trio that Stubbs signed (he re-signed Allan and that's it).

Stubbs lost 1 in 6. He was also unbeaten at home. He also had a go at them at Tynecastle, with Hibs scoring in all four derbies we played there, including a memorable 2-2 draw having been 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go. We have scored just once there under Lennon, from the penalty spot.

A very good achievement from Lennon, Stubbs also managed two, comprehensive victories at Ibrox in his time with us too.

See how anyone can manipulate stats to make a case for almost any manager?
    Do you think Neil Lennon has been successful as Hibernian manager?

I did not mention Alan Stubbs at any point in my opening post. I am stating facts of Lennon’s success as manager. Lennon is a winner. He is more successful than Stubbs as a manager and always will be if you are wanting to compare him to Stubbs.

I’m just making point that what he has done at Hibs has been overwhelming and that I trust him to keep achieveing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    First season Stubbs had to chuck together a team from nothing with hearts and rangers in the league. We ended up 2nd and lost to rangers. Most hibs fans didn't expect us to even make the play offs in September 2014 cause we were poor up until the win at ibrox where everything seemed to click. Second season he had rangers in the league and going for it big time and we matched them until the end of February and maintained a run in both cups. Then the wheels came off in the league a bit but mitigating circumstances like getting to 2 cup finals with a small squad had a lot to do with it.

Let's not make out Stubbs was a complete disaster in the league; because he clearly wasn't.
    I’m not, I’m stating facts