hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flo

I think he’s been getting off with his poor performances due to how well he played last season. Not once last night did he get his body in front of his man and hold it up to get others into the game. And same against Dundee and hearts.

He doesn’t look interested. Felt sorry for whoever was on the ball last night as the movement in front of them was pathetic

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about the fact that Flo and Maclaren had the service from Dylan, McGinn and Allan and thrived. Now we have a midfield that couldn't tie there shoe laces and both players are struggling.

Starting to wonder if they are actually that good or if it was just the fact Allan would put chances on a plate for them over and over again for them last season.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Maybe the defence and strikers would benefit from a coherent midfield. The strikers may also benefit from competition for places. Seems like a management and recruitment issue to me.
    Nail bang on the head ..midfield is and has been the problem we have not recruited well if at all in that department..

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Starting to wonder if they are actually that good or if it was just the fact Allan would put chances on a plate for them over and over again for them last season.
    Flo wasn't just about his goals last year. Even when he had a bad game (rarely) he would be an absolute nuisance. Harrying, chasing, being physical, just generally unsettling defenders

Hes not been doing any of that stuff for about 2 months now - that has nothing to with service

His attitude is all wrong

Left by mutual consent!
    He needs a break to see if he can shake the niggling injury and repair the confidence they all lack. I'm a fan of Shaw and think he has loads of potential, but if he's going to play the next few matches he'll be singled out for "attention" by bigger, wily defenders. Troubling times which I'm sure we can overcome but right now it's concerning.

He’s been undroppable because Lennon decided to go with only three strikers this season and the other two have been even more off form.
    Once the management starts publicly singling out players then the end is close. Just a matter of time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's probably pissed off at having the ball punted up to him with zero support from the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    He's probably pissed off at having the ball punted up to him with zero support from the midfield.
    What midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Flo wasn't just about his goals last year. Even when he had a bad game (rarely) he would be an absolute nuisance. Harrying, chasing, being physical, just generally unsettling defenders

Hes not been doing any of that stuff for about 2 months now - that has nothing to with service

His attitude is all wrong
    total bull**** tbh. He was working his arse off on Saturday. Last night was his first actual poor performance and that wasn't due to lack of effort.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Slaughtered apparently by Parker.

Why play him then? Has his bingo number not been called yet?
    Doesn’t suprise me as players had a go at him after Dundee game.

From the BBC
    "Hibernian assistant Garry Parker says Florian Kamberi was taken off after 53 minutes in Wednesday's 2-2 draw with St Mirren because head coach Neil Lennon wanted the striker "to do better in everything".(Edinburgh Evening News)Assistant head coach Garry Parker admits Hibernian are in desperate need of January reinforcements after their run without a victory was extended to seven matches. (Edinburgh Evening News)"

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    total bull**** tbh. He was working his arse off on Saturday. Last night was his first actual poor performance and that wasn't due to lack of effort.
    Really - because I seen a player, while having a terrible game on the ball being equally poor off it

Can hardly think of a time he used any physicality

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    From the BBC
    "Hibernian assistant Garry Parker says Florian Kamberi was taken off after 53 minutes in Wednesday's 2-2 draw with St Mirren because head coach Neil Lennon wanted the striker "to do better in everything".(Edinburgh Evening News)Assistant head coach Garry Parker admits Hibernian are in desperate need of January reinforcements after their run without a victory was extended to seven matches. (Edinburgh Evening News)"
    January reinforcements? We’ve got six games to go before we even get there, and we all know who against. I think the end is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    I've said elsewhere that I think he's carrying an injury, I certainly hope that's it because his drop in form has been beyond belief.
    I have seen this posted a Few times ,with someone mentioning he needs a knee op to clear up the injury he had at. Beginning of the Season .
    Can anyone clarify if this is the case ?
    Also Mclaren s bad back ,has been mentioned as continuing to be an issue, With three games s week this month ,injuries wont clear up .
    So seems unlikely this partnership can be rekindled this month and that's without loloking at lack of service ,or poor quality of Service.
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 06-12-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He’s been undroppable because Lennon decided to go with only three strikers this season and the other two have been even more off form.
    Once the management starts publicly singling out players then the end is close. Just a matter of time now.

The Debate about whether we needed another experienced Striker was well aired on here at Start of the Season
    I like you thought we did need another Striker in but plenty were happy to go with Shaw as back up Ok no one could of predicted they would both be struggling with injuries so early but Shaw as we know is work in progress and his form was always going to dip at some point despite getting off to a good start
    It's coming back to bite us big time just now though Althogh we are so poor at present Always easy to criticise in hindsight , but enough posters were flagging it up as issue at the time Finance I assume dictated we couldn't

Chuck porteus up front. If it can work for Paterson, why the hell not (tongue firmly in cheek)

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Don’t think Parker actually named anyone?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...hing-1-4840047

Here you go Billy Whizz

Parker is totally out of order naming Flo. I seen Horgan jogging behind a St Mirren player after we lost the ball - he could not have been more than a couple of meters behind but did not even try to get the ball back. That happened on more than one occassion, he only seems interested if he has the ball - he is ok then but we need all the team fighting and one thing that Flo cannot be accused of is not trying IMO. He has showed he plays for the badge and I hope that love for the club is not ruined by some **** talk by Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Kamberi was not working his arse off on Saturday or last night. Not alone in that but there is a distinct lack of desire in that team at the moment.

Parker shouldn’t be singling him out though. That makes a bad situation worse.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Kamberi looks like the real deal to me - great technique and an eye for goal. But clearly something is not right at the moment.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Kamberi has been very poor since his return to Hibs IMO whic I think has been overlooked due to how well he done last season. Saying that though, the midfield seems to have no clu or creativity.

Slivka deserves a run in central midfield as does Hyndman; I think they two would create more chance for Flo.

Long term we need Allan back IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Kamberi was not working his arse off on Saturday or last night. Not alone in that but there is a distinct lack of desire in that team at the moment.

Parker shouldn’t be singling him out though. That makes a bad situation worse.
    He might not be alone but he’s definitely the biggest culprit.

Hasn’t tried a leg for months. Won’t jump for the ball, won’t hold it up.

He was rag dolled by Paul McGinn last night. Just slowly got up and kept jogging around.

If he’s injured or needs surgery, just get it done.

If he’s not trying, Parker has every right to call him out and Lennon has every right to drag him after 50 minutes.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    We're playing him as a target man which it totally unfair on him.

When we had the midfield last season he was getting quick balls into his feet and had plenty of support.

Now he's getting long balls lumped up to him.

He's not become a bad player overnight but needs a more physical forward next to him - despite his goal Shaw didn't look comfortable last night.

That or a midfield that can allow him a chance to actually play football. Often he got the ball last night with his back to goal and had maybe 1 or 2 players to pass to.

Mallan was picking up the ball in our own half.

It would be interesting to see the percentages but I can barely recall him receiving a ball this season other than at head or chest height and with back to goal and with a defender right on top of him. Last season he did an immense amount of damage running into space to pick up the ball and facing to goal. He's not getting the service.

But equally I felt that last season he was as valuable to us for his immense work rate when we weren't in possession as he was for goals and assists. That seems to have disappeared this season. Partly that's because of how we are now playing - ponderously when we have the ball, which means the opposition almost always have time to file back, get into two lines of four and compress space. By the time that happens there's no space for Kamberi to get into. We are barely pressing when the opposition have the ball (one of the things we were really excellent at doing under Collins) so even if Kamberi wanted to chase down opponents like last season they are gone and playing on the halfway line as soon as they pick up the ball. But he also looks like he has little of the hunger and belief of last season.

We laboriously move the ball from side to side, usually wanting 2, 3 or even 4 touches, rarely making sharp forward passes on the ground, there's just no crispness or urgency there. We are playing like we hope something will happen rather than playing like we are confident in what we are doing, individually and collectively.

One of the things about the current spell is the extent to which it demonstrates just how good McGinn was.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think he’s been getting off with his poor performances due to how well he played last season. Not once last night did he get his body in front of his man and hold it up to get others into the game. And same against Dundee and hearts.

He doesn’t look interested. Felt sorry for whoever was on the ball last night as the movement in front of them was pathetic
    Both forwards were static almost all night when we had the ball in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    He might not be alone but he’s definitely the biggest culprit.

Hasn’t tried a leg for months. Won’t jump for the ball, won’t hold it up.

He was rag dolled by Paul McGinn last night. Just slowly got up and kept jogging around.

If he’s injured or needs surgery, just get it done.

If he’s not trying, Parker has every right to call him out and Lennon has every right to drag him after 50 minutes.
    Agree that it’s fair to hook him. Disagree on Parker being right to call him out. Once that starts happening it’s hard to come back from.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Agree that it’s fair to hook him. Disagree on Parker being right to call him out. Once that starts happening it’s hard to come back from.
    Have to admit, it is strange he came out straight after the game and said to both BBC and Sky that he won’t name names and then has pulled up Kamberi in an interview later.

Left by mutual consent!
    If, as Parker says, Kamberi is among a few players not giving their all why has this happened? Kamberi in particular strikes me as an intelligent guy who could have sought a bigger move but understood that Hibs would be a good club for him to stick with and build his career at.

Is he still not fit? Has he had some sort of falling out behind the scenes? Has he been unimpressed by the summer recruitment? Or are they actually doing their best but are now playing in a significantly weaker team?

There was a lot of enthusiasm from Kamberi and MacLaren for coming back to Hibs and Milligan says MacLaren pretty much sold him on coming to ER. What has happened to dent the players' desire to kick on?

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Needs a rest IMO. Hopefully once MacLaren is fully fit we can get the partnership going again.
    That partnership will not work without an effective midfield. Mallan, Horgan, Hyndeman - none of them are good enough and none are likely to help us out of this malaise. Slivka improved us last night and he couldn't get close to a game last season. THAT's how bad this lot are. Lennon brought them all in, which is even more worrying for January and for the Hibs Board when it comes to handing Lennon money.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Flo has actually looked like he wants out the door most of this season. When he came last season he ran about and worked hard. Now he does nothing. He looks like he is regretting signing for us.
    “Now he does nothing”. That was not in the games through circumstances I saw (inc European games) not been since St J’s though. Balance.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Publically singling out players during a bad run is the beginning of the end.

Yeah, didn't like that too much. Keep it in the locker room.