hibs.net Messageboard

The second goal tonight

When that freekick for diving was awarded and we set up the writing was on the wall, our positioning was exactly the same as the St Johnstone goal, a big gaping hole leaving the ball to be played into the front post area which St Mirren player duly did and the same outcome a gifted goal.
    The question is if I can see it so glaringly from the stand, what the F£@k are our coaching staff doing, we talk about soft goals that was a gift, basic coaching, nothing learned from previous mistakes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When that freekick for diving was awarded and we set up the writing was on the wall, our positioning was exactly the same as the St Johnstone goal, a big gaping hole leaving the ball to be played into the front post area which St Mirren player duly did and the same outcome a gifted goal.
    The question is if I can see it so glaringly from the stand, what the F£@k are our coaching staff doing, we talk about soft goals that was a gift, basic coaching, nothing learned from previous mistakes.
    I disagree it was a dive tbh, thought porteous rushed out to him and barged him to the deck. But agree with the rest of your post 100%
    Last edited by Stuart93; 05-12-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    The boy made a meal of it but it was a foul IMO. Silly foul to give away.

As you say, the coaching staff have to set us up better. People have been saying that the players are letting them down and they are to an extent but they decide how we set up at set pieces.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it was a foul by Porteous too. He made a few mistakes today as did Efe for that goal but the two of them played well tonight and I'd stick with that partnership for now. . I think we stand where we fancy defending set pieces. The first corner of the game Horgan ran up to the half way line and then got a shout to go back into the box. Surely we have a plan before the game starts.

It was a cheap and clumsy foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It was a cheap and clumsy foul.
    It was and punished by a beautifully struck free kick from Hamill

Totally agree that the coaches are missing a number of areas that could e improved. Firstly we lost a goal against St Johnstone in exactly the same area of the pitch and with a similar cross and header. We need to set up differently. Noticed Liverpool commentator saying they keep a very high line. Other areas: movement at throw ins, kick outs, somebody on the "D" at corners both for and against, etc.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    It was idiotic of Porteous to foul the player in that area.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    to be fair theres hardly a st mirren player near it. Its Bodgdans ball all day, or a simple clearance for Efe, but he seemed to loose flight of the ball
    Last edited by Callum_62; 06-12-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I disagree it was a dive tbh, thought porteous rushed out to him and barged him to the deck. But agree with the rest of your post 100%
    Yep. 100% a foul. But he’s the 2nd coming so it’s allowed. Bartley was lucky not to end up sent off with multiple fouling too. From the west it actually looked like an OG off Efe. But no one was committed to the ball. Including the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I thought it was a foul by Porteous too. He made a few mistakes today as did Efe for that goal but the two of them played well tonight and I'd stick with that partnership for now. . I think we stand where we fancy defending set pieces. The first corner of the game Horgan ran up to the half way line and then got a shout to go back into the box. Surely we have a plan before the game starts.
    You’d think eh.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Should have gone to specsavers.

@hibs.net private member
    I was level with them in the east and 100% a foul. It was really silly by Porteous. He did well initially to cover for an Efe mistake but then does something silly. There was no need to foul the guy, he wasn't going anywhere.

We picked up a lot of yellow cards last night, we aren't a dirty team but Milligan and Bartley both look so slow that inevitably players are walking round the them and then they bring them down.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I was level with them in the east and 100% a foul. It was really silly by Porteous. He did well initially to cover for an Efe mistake but then does something silly. There was no need to foul the guy, he wasn't going anywhere.

We picked up a lot of yellow cards last night, we aren't a dirty team but Milligan and Bartley both look so slow that inevitably players are walking round the them and then they bring them down.
    Most folk around me were going mental at Milligan and Bartley’s bookings. Don’t think either of them could be argued with.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Most folk around me were going mental at Milligan and Bartley’s bookings. Don’t think either of them could be argued with.
    Bartleys was very harsh - but then he couldve been booked for his first tackle

the one he was booked was totally accidental

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Aye as a one off foul it maybe shouldn’t have been a booking but he had already got away with 2. The first one where he also brought the boy down and another after that where I think he possibly took someone down aswell?

He climbed on him and pulled him back as he was trying to break away. It’s a yellow. The ref can’t be blamed for anything last night.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

From my seat it actually looked like Bartley was fouled when he was booked, I thought the ref was going to give the free kick our way (until I remembered it was a ref making the decision, and we're Hibs).
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I was the same. Thought both were definite bookings. They both came after earlier fouls and both had an element of rugby tackle after their man had got away from them. I thought the ref had a decent game apart from his handling of time wasting.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I was the same. Thought both were definite bookings. They both came after earlier fouls and both had an element of rugby tackle after their man had got away from them. I thought the ref had a decent game apart from his handling of time wasting.
    That’s Milligan one game away from a one match ban already

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Bartleys booking was his third v similar foul - cant really argue.

Milligans was his second challenge - again, prob correct.

What pissed me off was the inconsistency.......again.......their left back should have been booked before he was for kicking the ball away.

Half the St Mirren midfield should have been booked for constantly standing over Hibs freekicks - however in the interest of balance, Boyle booted the ball away twice in the closing 15 mins, FFS !

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    One game?
    Or one booking?

Same thing I suppose.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    One game?
    Or one booking?

Same thing I suppose.
    Sorry one booking

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not sure he would be missed the way he is playing. He definitely made a difference when he came in but he has been as bad as the rest for the last few weeks since he came back from Oz

First Team Regular
    Don't Agree. The St Mirren players were throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity and he awarded them a free-kick every time. Their tactics were to spoil and waste time and he should have been wise to it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Don't Agree. The St Mirren players were throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity and he awarded them a free-kick every time. Their tactics were to spoil and waste time and he should have been wise to it.
    Buying cheap free kick doesn't stop them being free kicks.They did go down easily but we are so naive in our play that it allows team to do that against us