hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mallan

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't let facts get in the way of pure hatred, it's no the hibs.net way.

Mallan battled well all game, set up a goal and tried to keep us moving, he was fine tonight.
    Mallan hid the majority of the night, posted missing and totally anonymous.

Apart from one decent delivery for the goal

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He's crap and is a big part of our current trouble.

Chic Charnley had a lovely left foot, a good set piece on him, no pace and not enough graft. We couldn't carry him and ended up relegated.

Mallan doesn't have the match intelligence to adapt his game to cope with his lack of pace, which is being horribly exposed at this level.

Great shot from distance, excellent free kicks, good standard of corner but a passenger, a liability and a luxury that we can't afford to carry.

Needs binned pronto, and it's frightening that we've probably gambled a sizeable chunk of our budget on this gamble.
    Chic Mallan

Great way to evaluate him!

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Unfortunately he’s starting to look like Ross Chisholm with a great free kick.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    Unfortunately he’s starting to look like Ross Chisholm with a great free kick.
    What a player to pick out. Had forgotten all about him. Been playing juniors for the last 4 years according to Wiki and actually looks like he could be Sparkys brother in the picture.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think Mallan is a good player in a bad system. We're not getting anywhere near the best out of him, and as it stands (other than the odd dead ball) you could take him out of the side and not replace him, and we'd barely notice.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Exactly who would you put on in his place?

The problem is that we don't actually have better.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

We don't have better attributes but we have players who have fewer glaring weaknesses, who might contribute towards a stronger team unit.

It's annoying because you'd want to think you could accommodate that right foot and set piece delivery, but he has been the only constant throughout our awful run and other than possibly as a second striker I just can't work out how to fit him into a team.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    It is a shame we can't just bring him on for set pieces like a kicker would in American Football because that's all he's really contributing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I don't want us to replace him, I want us to find a system that gets the best out of him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Just wish he would concentrate on his own game rather than everyone else's. He spends most of the match pointing at players rather than picking up a player to mark himself. Drives me crazy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

when Mallan signed I was excited, and I liked his initial interview - where he acknowledged he had been relegated with every team he has played for up til now, and "owed a few people" to show his full potential after being given a new lease of life at Easter Road.

I'm seeing the relegation part loud & clear right now.

I hope we see more of the "I owe it to people to fulfil my potential" part frm now onwards though.

Mallan is the only centre mid that shows, gets on it and try’s to make things happen. He is a match winner with his assists and goals he has contributed so far, he like the rest of the team have lost confidence but it’s normally him that sets up the attacks with a good ball.

He wasn’t signed based on the defensive side of his game, although how many goals have came from him not doing his jobs in midfield? Not many I would suspect.

If you look at our goals conceded lately they have been comedy gold from our defence who have been unable to do the basics.

One January comes and we get new signings and a settled team he will come into his own.

Talk of him not being good enough is mad

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Mallan is the only centre mid that shows, gets on it and try’s to make things happen. He is a match winner with his assists and goals he has contributed so far, he like the rest of the team have lost confidence but it’s normally him that sets up the attacks with a good ball.

He wasn’t signed based on the defensive side of his game, although how many goals have came from him not doing his jobs in midfield? Not many I would suspect.

If you look at our goals conceded lately they have been comedy gold from our defence who have been unable to do the basics.

One January comes and we get new signings and a settled team he will come into his own.

For a good while we had a steady pretty tight defensive unit in place until fairly recently.

A good team is built from the back and we really have to sort out the basic mistakes that have cost us dearly.

Once we refrain from leaking preventable goals it'll go a long way to begin winning games again.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

That bit in your first line where you say “he shows” he doesn’t, at all. He hides when push comes to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    That bit in your first line where you say “he shows” he doesn’t, at all. He hides when push comes to shove.
    Sorry but I disagree with that. He’s the one that tries to pick it up and make things happen

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You're nothing if not consistent with your following me around the forum, I'll give you that. If this was in person rather than online I'd have to get a restraining order on you.
    That made me chuckle!

You and Blackpool Hibs interactions have become a great wee and welcome side show!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think Mallan is a good player in a bad system. We're not getting anywhere near the best out of him, and as it stands (other than the odd dead ball) you could take him out of the side and not replace him, and we'd barely notice.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    He'll be dropped for Allan in January.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    Just wish he would concentrate on his own game rather than everyone else's. He spends most of the match pointing at players rather than picking up a player to mark himself. Drives me crazy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    the thing that does my nut most is that when passes the ball or looses it, quite a lot of the time he just stops running. he is the anti-SJM, sadly.

what he brings most to the team is goals, and unfortunately teams have figured out that if you don't give him space outside the box and don't give away dangerous free kicks, all he can do is spray a couple of decent passes and maybe meg someone at some point, and other than that he'll be completely anonymous.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    He'll be dropped for Allan in January.
    I doubt Allan is coming.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I doubt Allan is coming.
    Likewise. Hope I’m wrong but I suspect Aberdeen will be in for him and he’ll go there.