hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The pies were great for once.

I feel much better qualified to comment on them than I am on the technical aspects of football.

I'll leave the football analysis to the experts on here who have quite obviously never managed a football team in their life.

There isn't half some rubbish peddled on here at times.
    There sure is.

But, credibility of opinions aside, everyone wants what’s best for hibs. We just have different ideas on how to achieve it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Pretty sure Farmer has been in charge since the very early 90's. Not sure about Petrie.
    That wasn't the question, though. You've said a few times that "this board" have overseen 2 relegations. I'm not sure that they have, and wanted you to clarify that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Instead of being a smart arse, why not try and counter someone’s argument for once?

Making snidey comments and hiding behind insults and cliches doesn’t make my point any less true I’m afraid.

Exactly. Constantly goes about slagging people calling them attention seekers and offers **** all in the way of an opinion. He's not the only one on here though, place is full of it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    How exactly have the Board backed him?

We have zero back-up up front if Kamberi is either injured or out of form; there's no pace in the middle of the park, we've no recognised playmaker or match winner, and we've got a squad choc-full of loan players and short-term signings.

His formations are a cause for discussion, sure, but I think they're an indicator of the dross he's been given to work with, and it's "backing" like that from our unaccountable Board that'll see us in a relegation battle unless we've got three first -team starters lined up in the January window.
    “The dross he’s been GIVEN to work with”? He ****in signed them, mate.

See Steve Clarke moaning about having ***** to work with? I guarantee you, he’d get wins out of our personnel. The same squad was flying at one point. But it’s now utterly shorn of belief, and no one looks like they want to be there.

But that’s the fault of the board? I’m certainly no board fanboy, but it’s a pretty bizarre assertion, given what is staring us all in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Congrats on the most irrelevant post of the night. Is that going to be the excuse everytime we hit a bad run? "Aye but remember butcher, fenlon, calderwood" ect. It's completely irrelevant what happened 4 years to the here and now. We had a vibrant young talented team when Lennon arrived left by the previous manager; Lennon used it well then when they moved on he's replaced them with under par dross.
    I was merely pointing out that IMO, over a considerable period of time, we are are in a much better place than we were then. If you make a judgement on someones ability there has to be a benchmark somewhere.

As for this vibrant, young talented team, you do realise many of them chose to leave? Many weren't young and vibrant.

How do we replace McGinn, McGeough, Allan who all left in the summer?

I also think this nonsense about Lennon inheriting a great team is misguided.

Last season we finished strongly with 5 of Lennons signings as regulars. I'd also suggest he got much more out of Boyle and McGeough than Stubbs.

Still, I'm glad such an irrelevant post got a worthy reply. For that I am grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by YanYansen View Post
    “The dross he’s been GIVEN to work with”? He ****in signed them, mate.

See Steve Clarke moaning about having ***** to work with? I guarantee you, he’d get wins out of our personnel. The same squad was flying at one point. But it’s now utterly shorn of belief, and no one looks like they want to be there.

But that’s the fault of the board? I’m certainly no board fanboy, but it’s a pretty bizarre assertion, given what is staring us all in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...and I'm no Lennon fanboy either - his line-up at Kilmarnock in the first half was beyond comprehension, but we've been here countless times before with the bean-counters and their parsimony when it comes to buying and selling players.

We're told by the Board apologists on here that variously, we "can't compete with Celtic or Rangers". Either that or we don't contribute enough to HSL, so eh, we better get used to not being able to compete with that mob over the road, or indeed with Aberdeen.

The other excuse trotted out by the Board if we raise the value point of the likes of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone outperforming us is "they've not got the infrastructure costs we've got"...so what exactly is the Board's measure of success then, what/who have we got to compare with?

I'm all ears...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    ...and I'm no Lennon fanboy either - his line-up at Kilmarnock in the first half was beyond comprehension, but we've been here countless times before with the bean-counters and their parsimony when it comes to buying and selling players.

We're told by the Board apologists on here that variously, we "can't compete with Celtic or Rangers". Either that or we don't contribute enough to HSL, so eh, we better get used to not being able to compete with that mob over the road, or indeed with Aberdeen.

The other excuse trotted out by the Board if we raise the value point of the likes of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone outperforming us is "they've not got the infrastructure costs we've got"...so what exactly is the Board's measure of success then, what/who have we got to compare with?

I'm all ears...

You don't do yourself any favours labelling people "board apologists", do you not think they might just not agree with you on the points you make?

I don't care about the board, if I think they are supporting the manager and doing what's right for the club, then Mickey Mouse could sit in a director's chair and I wouldn't care.

I suspect most folk are the same. Whether it's Petrie or Dempster or whoever, if I think there acting in the best interests of the club then I'll say so

When we were relegated I thought (and said) that Petrie should go.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Lost 3 quality players hungry to succeed and replaced them with mediocrity.

Mallan's can strike a ball (it's very evident) but he's got precious little else in his locker.

Kamberi looks half the player he was last season, McLaren is never away from the treatment table (I ken the sports therapist who's been working with him and he says Jamie's back has been in bits since February)

Hyndman, Agyepong - loves an injury, dinnae renew their loans.

Horgan - should be rinsing the league but only seeing glimmers of what he's capable off. Not good enough.

As for Lennon, he looks a broken man in the dug out. He's lost his animation, stopped doing press conferences and generally doesn't look interested. He keeps making threats to leave, I'm reaching the stage where I wouldn't care if we called his bluff.

Never mind not having 13k Season Ticket holders next season, people seem to have started voting with their feet already.

I know the attendance was announced as 15k but I'd be surprised if there was even 10k actually at that game last night.

If we beat Hamilton 6 - 0 again on Saturday, all of this will seem like a long forgotten bad dream.

Several threads on here now want Lennon to go. Who do folk actually want to fill the position?

I want Lennon to stay.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Never mind not having 13k Season Ticket holders next season, people seem to have started voting with their feet already.

I know the attendance was announced as 15k but I'd be surprised if there was even 10k actually at that game last night.
    The FF couldn’t have been more than a third full last night. The west probably just over half and I sit in the East so couldn’t really tell. Between the FF and South alone there was probably about 5500 empty seats. I would have said about another 2-2.5k in the west so I’d put that down to about a 12k attendance minus whatever was empty in the East?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    If we beat Hamilton 6 - 0 again on Saturday, all of this will seem like a long forgotten bad dream.

And if I manage to pull my favourite German Actress, Wolke Hegenbarth, this weekend, I'll stop describing myself as an 'auld duffer' and revert to the title of 'young stud'.

Sadly I don't see either happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The FF couldn’t have been more than a third full last night. The west probably just over half and I sit in the East so couldn’t really tell. Between the FF and South alone there was probably about 5500 empty seats. I would have said about another 2-2.5k in the west so I’d put that down to about a 12k attendance minus whatever was empty in the East?

I sit in the West, so have a good view of it, and I'd say the East was less than half full.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Several threads on here now want Lennon to go. Who do folk actually want to fill the position?

I want Lennon to stay.
    Clarke or Strachan would be obvious choices to me with Clarke being the absolute best case.

After that I’m sure there’s plenty coaches down in England waiting for an opportunity currently working as assistant or a coach etc at a big club. Much in the same way Clarke was for a while years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    We've been here before..

Two draws against the bottom two isn't good news

Time for change
    Best manager ever though.
    Coming over as entitled, tatrumy, children.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    We've been here before..

Time for change

By inevitable, do you mean that sadly regular moment when a section of Hibs fans lose their minds and start booing everyone until they have their way, before embarking a grand revisionism to justify their opinion?

Seems like it’s already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    By inevitable, do you mean that sadly regular moment when a section of Hibs fans lose their minds and start booing everyone until they have their way, before embarking a grand revisionism to justify their opinion?

Seems like it’s already happened...
    Serious question, how do you expect people to react to what’s going on at Hibs?
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 06-12-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Serious question, how do you expect people to react to what’s going on at Hibs?
    Do you mean how does he expect people to react, or how does he think people should react? I suspect you'll see two very different answers.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Do you mean how does he expect people to react, or how does he think people should react? I suspect you'll see two very different answers.
    I meant expect but I’d be interested to hear both.

Yes it would but i don't think there's a hope in hell we're winning on Saturday never mind 6-0

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Yes it would but i don't think there's a hope in hell we're winning on Saturday never mind 6-0
    No chance we'll win 6-0. Every chance we'll win though.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    And if I manage to pull my favourite German Actress, Wolke Hegenbarth, this weekend, I'll stop describing myself as an 'auld duffer' and revert to the title of 'young stud'.

Sadly I don't see either happening anytime soon.

We’ll certainly not with that attitude

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Im taking any backing from board out of this for just now any funds and purely looking at how we have performed thus far this season. I am indeed very dissapointed to be quite a bit off the pace just now and on how we have performed over the last 5/6 games in particular. I had rightly or mostly wrongly in peoples opinions high hopes of a real push for 2nd at the start of this term and with what Killie are doing it was indded actually realistic. To be be pretty far off of that just now is not what i had hoped and along with some IMO strange line ups and poor play from some pplayers it has seen us in the position we now find ourselves in.

Neil Lennon in his 2 full seasons has IMO done more than enough to continue on and see if we can turn this around and that goes for many of the players as well. This run has come at a time when our rivals are all playing well these things can happen at any time. if this run happened at the end of sesaon say we were 10pts clear in 2nd and we lost 4 or 5 on the bounce would people still want him out. Hibs are going to lose games and draw them he is though using up his quota early on because we need to get things going again.

For me he remains the man to get us up as high as possible and I still believe we can do so but only if every player and the manager are 100%. The teams above us will lose games we need to make sure we pick up points when they do and we can get back into this.

Left by mutual consent!
    We've been here before..

Time for change
    I disagree with that. yes we have been here before with managers whom had showen pretty much nothing beforhand and draws against the bottom 2 were not so surprising. So as far as Lennon goes no we have never been here before.

Going by yesterday's game, many a time I heard us chant songs that were pro Lennon. The boos are clearly aimed at the players not the management. It's only this forum that is trying to paint the picture that a lot af fans want Lennon out when it's clearly not the case.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 06-12-2018 at 01:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Going by yesterday's game, many a time I heard us chant songs that were pro Lennon. The boos are clearly aimed at the players not the management. It's only this forum that is trying to paint the picture that a lot af fans want Lennon ot when it's clearly not the case.
    If that is the case what do you think is the explanation? An anti-Lennon agenda? Misdiagnosing the problems? Easy target?

Left by mutual consent!
    Clarke wont come here if Lennon goes. Think we ****ed him about in the past IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    If that is the case what do you think is the explanation? An anti-Lennon agenda? Misdiagnosing the problems? Easy target?
    Most posters who are slating him and want rid have always put the boot in at any possibility and imo have never taking to him. Others are starting to question Lennon including myself but ATM it's far to early to talk about getting rid. In simple terms most of us including the majority at games want him to turn things around and be successful, others specifically certain posters on this forum want rid regardless of the fact that it's his first sticky patch with us.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 06-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.

But we won’t