hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok then, what do you benchmark against?
    The fact we have the fifth biggest budget in the league (by a mile) yet we’re 8th and sinking like a stone? Why on earth would you look at the season we were relegated and decide everything’s fine cause we’re (currently) in a better position than that? Is that really your ambition for Hibs, as long as we survive relegation we should be happy?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Take out the cup win and a decent season last year, your left with complete dross. My opinion is I'd rather it changed up top and not keep hiring and firing managers.
    I agree. If you discount all those times we've been good, we've been *****.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    The current situation is more like where we were with Fenlon, and we know what happened when we bumped him and got butcher in, we just got worse and worse.

I am annoyed but Lennon still deserves the time to turn it around, a win on Saturday is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    The current situation is more like where we were with Fenlon, and we know what happened when we bumped him and got butcher in, we just got worse and worse.

I am annoyed but Lennon still deserves the time to turn it around, a win on Saturday is a must.
    A win tonight was a must. Even Parker said it in his interview.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackh View Post
    Watch out. That comment will have you labelled as a “yam fud” less than 37282827637 posts a week. Automatic “puddle drinker”
    ltyf

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Take out the cup win and a decent season last year, your left with complete dross. My opinion is I'd rather it changed up top and not keep hiring and firing managers.
    We haven’t fired anyone since Butcher and we are in a slightly different place now than then. The last two appointments have been excellent.

Our “decent” season last season was the highest points total we’ve ever achieved so if that’s your standard you’ll never be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible post.

By that logic if we take out the draws and defeats we’re an amazing team

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Comparing Butcher to Lennon... I can't beat that. I'll leave .net for the evening safe in the knowledge there's going to be a few soaked mattresses in the morning.
    Instead of being a smart arse, why not try and counter someone’s argument for once?

Making snidey comments and hiding behind insults and cliches doesn’t make my point any less true I’m afraid.

We've been saying that for quite a few games now.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    With all you that are happy with the board that's fine. I'm not and I find them incapable of making good decisions. I don't think they invest enough money in the playing side of things and that shows as we see teams like Aberdeen and Hearts outspend us on a regular basis. In the last ten years they have appointed 7 managers. That equates to about a year and a half each. That tells me they are inept at finding the right people to run the club.
    We see teams with higher turnover outspend us????? Crazy!

Since we appointed Leanne we’ve appointed two, that would suggest rather than being inept they have solved the problem of the previous 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly some of you lot that worship the board are blind. I'm not basing my opinion to get rid of the board on recent results. The facts are we are a bottom six club under there leadership. We have been relegated twice and spend three ****ing years languished in the first division. Not disputing there have been good times. Cups and a couple of good league positions, but as a whole they have been murder.

There is a credible case for getting rid of Lennon because we’re on an alarming slide, and his comments recently have been pretty disheartening to hear.

But there’s also evidence to suggest that changing the manager mid season doesn’t necessarily work and it’s an expensive risk. Overall, our record of appointing managers isn’t great.

Players are underperforming and need to do the business.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Of course we don’t know where he’ll take us. We could still mathematically win the league. An educated guess based on his poor signings and the state of the team now that a lot of AS players have gone though would suggest it’s not going to be somewhere positive.
    The present team is performing as a middle of the table team.
    That in itself is disappointing at this stage, but thinking back to our last 2 (eventually glorious) campaigns and I seem to recall we had disappointing pre-xmas results in both - followed by more impressive 2nd halves to each season.
    So, are we witnessing a 3rd campaign led by Neil Lennon where we are failing to hit the heights pre-xmas but can look forward to a dramatic change in fortunes post January?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

A win on Saturday isn’t a must.

If we don’t win on Saturday we’ll still be getting told that it’s only 8 games, it’s his first bad run, that he’s the best manager in 40 years, that we’re bedwetters, that we’re only X points off 4th and all the rest of the stuff that’s been repeated over the last 7 games. Nothing will change even if we don’t win.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    A win tonight was a must. Even Parker said it in his interview.
    It was but the game is over now, Saturday is huge, if we lose then I think it could be the beginning of the end for Lennon but if we win we get something to build on at least.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    It was but the game is over now, Saturday is huge, if we lose then I think it could be the beginning of the end for Lennon but if we win we get something to build on at least.
    The beginning of the end is already well and truly underway.

A win at the weekend would be great but with the run of fixtures we have coming up I’m not sure we’ll be building on anything.

It’s maybe also worth considering we are unlikely to win at the weekend as we’re continually told we can’t play on these Astro pitches. Bet the players will be full of confidence going into that game.

Why are people always being told to be positive?

There are not very many positives about our team at the moment and our manager is a big part of that I am afraid.

Of course now that todays over Saturday becomes a must win. But then if we don't win on Saturday we'll just say the same thing again and again until we either do eventually end up winning or we end up battling to stay away from playoffs/relegation. There has to come a time where a "must win" means must win.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post

There are not very many positives about our team at the moment and our manager is a big part of that I am afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post

Is this to be one of those hourly vigils Joe?

Honestly some of you lot that worship the board are blind. I'm not basing my opinion to get rid of the board on recent results. The facts are we are a bottom six club under there leadership. We have been relegated twice and spend three ****ing years languished in the first division. Not disputing there have been good times. Cups and a couple of good league positions, but as a whole they have been murder.
    Got a pickle up your arse tonight sir?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    We've been here before..

Two draws against the bottom two isn't good news

Time for change
    St Mirren just beat hearts and have drawn with Celtic too this season. It's not quite as easy as that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    A win on Saturday isn’t a must.

If we don’t win on Saturday we’ll still be getting told that it’s only 8 games, it’s his first bad run, that he’s the best manager in 40 years, that we’re bedwetters, that we’re only X points off 4th and all the rest of the stuff that’s been repeated over the last 7 games. Nothing will change even if we don’t win.
    Because sacking managers at the first sign of a bad run contributed to our relegation with players deciding they don't like certain managers and won't play for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Got a pickle up your arse tonight sir?
    Na, you want one in your mouth

Na, you want one in your mouth
    Feel like I already have after that sh!!!te performance

Testimonial Due
    I think he deserves more time, but the writing is on the wall and Dempster isnt doing her job if she isnt making plans. Hopefully she can shred them in a month or two.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Because sacking managers at the first sign of a bad run contributed to our relegation with players deciding they don't like certain managers and won't play for them.
    No, hiring a crap replacement was the problem.

For every Fenlon/Butcher scenario there’s a McCulloch/Clarke one.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Feel like I already have after that sh!!!te performance
    Hahaha fair play

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    I think he deserves more time, but the writing is on the wall and Dempster isnt doing her job if she isnt making plans. Hopefully she can shred them in a month or two.
    The only plans Leeann will be making are to ensure that Neil Lennon is given significant funds to splash in the January window.

She is on his side and has no intention of sacking him.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I'll ask you again, since you probably didn't see it the first time.

Who was on the Board in 98 when we were relegated?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    No, hiring a crap replacement was the problem.

For every Fenlon/Butcher scenario there’s a McCulloch/Clarke one.

Seems to be a sure thing that if we sack Lennon we're getting a Butcher-esque appointment apparently.