hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I booed last night when Flo was subbed .Not at Lennon but at Flo.He has not kicked a ball for us for weeks.
    If this was about Whittaker the brains trust on here would be calling it a disgrace and think about his poor wee family

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    There are probably other people like myself who wouldn't wipe their dog's arse with a poll on sacking the manager at the first sniff of bad form, and so you should probably factor in a fair amount of support among these people who didn't vote.
    What a superior poster you are then eh

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I really do wonder what some people want or even expect from Hibs, we cant expect to have it great all the time, even the most thickest must realise that.

Yet once again when we have a dip in form, the manager has to go, he has had good times, given us another European trip which was better than we've done in years, yet the first dip in form he's crap and has to go.

Lennon has earnt the right to address these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I really do wonder what some people want or even expect from Hibs, we cant expect to have it great all the time, even the most thickest must realise that.

Yet once again when we have a dip in form, the manager has to go, he has had good times, given us another European trip which was better than we've done in years, yet the first dip in form he's crap and has to go.

I expect to finish top 5 every season in line with our budget & support. Higher is good, lower is not.

I don’t expect relegation battles every other season, that shows some real ineptitude behind the scenes.

I’ve been going to Easter Road for 40+ years and cannot remember any time that we consistently finished top 5 for more than 3 seasons. I know the stratos will correct me but that is what it feels like.

What an intellectually superior poster you are to all of us with a differing opinion.

Lennon hasn't earned the right to more funds in January after 1 good window in 5. 3 or 4 games is a "dip" not 7. It's not unreasonable to expect us to be beating st.johnstone (who we haven't beat under lennon), Dundee and st.mirren at home. It's not unreasonable to think the manager threatening to leave every 30 seconds is a real lack of respect to the support and calling the players rejects (which we haven't won since that comment) is a real lack of respect of his players. Why do you think no one can ever ever say anything negative about Lennon?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Take out the cup win and a decent season last year, your left with complete dross. My opinion is I'd rather it changed up top and not keep hiring and firing managers.
    So in other words you're criticising the poster's point about the last few seasons being good by saying if you take the good bits out they weren't actually good?

Genius argument.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

On this occasion I don’t think it’s just about results.

It’s a combination of the results, previously threatening to quit a couple of times after matches (I’m talking about the derbies, not the rumoured one after the st Johnstone game), the refusal to do media duties and the observation that the team appear to have completely lost it on the park at an alarming rate.

If it was just a poor run of form but there was still a feeling of normality about the place I would be far more inclined to give him longer, I personally feel it’s inevitable he’ll be away soon so I’d rather it was just dealt with sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    What an intellectually superior poster you are to all of us with a differing opinion.

Lennon hasn't earned the right to more funds in January after 1 good window in 5. 3 or 4 games is a "dip" not 7. It's not unreasonable to expect us to be beating st.johnstone (who we haven't beat under lennon), Dundee and st.mirren at home. It's not unreasonable to think the manager threatening to leave every 30 seconds is a real lack of respect to the support and calling the players rejects (which we haven't won since that comment) is a real lack of respect of his players. Why do you think no one can ever ever say anything negative about Lennon?
    We are Hibs. Until the going gets tough at least.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    I expect to finish top 5 every season in line with our budget & support. Higher is good, lower is not.

I don’t expect relegation battles every other season, that shows some real ineptitude behind the scenes.

I’ve been going to Easter Road for 40+ years and cannot remember any time that we consistently finished top 5 for more than 3 seasons. I know the stratos will correct me but that is what it feels like.
    I think anything lower than 5th place is a failure, but im not daft enough to understand sometimes there are reasons why we might finish lower.

I dont have to like it, and i still think the manager can get us there THIS season, although he will need to bring in a couple of decent signings in January.

I really must try not to react to folk who constantly lie to get their point across.

I think the general consensus is that your in the minority with regards to getting rid of lennon. So your going to take offence to just about every post.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    We've been here before..

Two draws against the bottom two isn't good news

Time for change
    What dipsh*ts sometimes support Hibs. Dingals on Saturday moaning about nonsense. In the 70s they moaned plenty, aw the auld boys, but it made a bit ae sense. Now, the moaners & their targets, it’s jist a load ae uneducated drivel. Some 1/4 wits in Hibs support nowadays.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    1/4 wits was generous! You dippety dips have zero idea! Lennon is Hibs punching way above the usual! Just look at it! But, but, youse geniuses ken better, eh? Where? Zoomers!

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    What dipsh*ts sometimes support Hibs. Dingals on Saturday moaning about nonsense. In the 70s they moaned plenty, aw the auld boys, but it made a bit ae sense. Now, the moaners & their targets, it’s jist a load ae uneducated drivel. Some 1/4 wits in Hibs support nowadays.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    1/4 wits was generous! You dippety dips have zero idea! Lennon is Hibs punching way above the usual! Just look at it! But, but, youse geniuses ken better, eh? Where? Zoomers!
    🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Humber Hibby View Post
    How can you take out a cup winners and a decent season????
    So Easy. you are a humber hibbie, early poster and could possibly be a yam fud

Left by mutual consent!

The transfer window success is totally subjective due to the differing opinions we can all have on the ability of any player. What is not subjective are results and final league placings.

Job 1: Ge tout First Division
    Job 2: Establish the club in SPL again
    Job 3 More of the same.

He did very well last season to have us pushing for 2nd right up to the last week or so. Am I disappointed we will have to really now step up to achieve something similar absolutely I am, but 100% NL has got plenty in the locker to be allowed a bad run like we have had. In NL he is capable of turning it around the last 3 or 4 managers were not.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I really must try not to react to folk who constantly lie to get their point across.
    This one does my head in too.

Once in the media he said something daft after losing out on 2nd spot and then echoed it when he was targetted for abuse that included a wall being spray painted calling for him to be hung and having a coin chucked at him.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    The transfer window success is totally subjective due to the differing opinions we can all have on the ability of any player. What is not subjective are results and final league placings.

Job 1: Ge tout First Division
    Job 2: Establish the club in SPL again
    Job 3 More of the same.

He did very well last season to have us pushing for 2nd right up to the last week or so. Am I disappointed we will have to really now step up to achieve something similar absolutely I am, but 100% NL has got plenty in the locker to be allowed a bad run like we have had. In NL he is capable of turning it around the last 3 or 4 managers were not.
    Alan Stubbs turned round his bad run to win the Scottish Cup. Unrelated point to NL by the way, just think it’s doing Stubbs a dis-service.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Alan Stubbs turned round his bad run to win the Scottish Cup. Unrelated point to NL by the way, just think it’s doing Stubbs a dis-service.
    Sorry correct I did not mean to include Stubbs in that I was thinking on the Calderwoods, Butcher and Fenlon.

Realistically i dont know how people can moan. Yes, it was poor run but its not even halfway through the season and with a couple of good results going our way, we could easily be 3/4th again.

We have no right to finish above Aberdeen and Hearts. Celtic Rangers should always be pushing for 1-2 and Aberdeen, Jumbos and us are going to be battling it out for the 3rd-4th euro spots.

This i expect will be whats happening come the end of the season.

Once in a while a killie or St Johnstone have a flirt with the top half and when they do they should be applauded and we should not deride our own club.

"It was fine when we did it but now that other people do it it's nonsense."

'Dingals'

I haven't heard that s since I was about seven in the playground 'Ya dingal' followed by a boot up the arse. Happy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Realistically i dont know how people can moan. Yes, it was poor run but its not even halfway through the season and with a couple of good results going our way, we could easily be 3/4th again.

We have no right to finish above Aberdeen and Hearts. Celtic Rangers should always be pushing for 1-2 and Aberdeen, Jumbos and us are going to be battling it out for the 3rd-4th euro spots.

Once in a while a killie or St Johnstone have a flirt with the top half and when they do they should be applauded and we should not deride our own club.
    Hope you are right that it 'was' a poor run - I'm not convinced it is over

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Hope you are right that it 'was' a poor run - I'm not convinced it is over
    Agree!

A lot of tough games coming up Celtic, The Rangers ( twice) Livvy and Hearts

We will need to be at our best and utilise our full squad

Cmon the HIBS !
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 12-12-2018 at 09:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

Having looked at our fixtures and the fixtures for the teams just ahead of us coming up, it will be a big surprise if we're not a fair bit behind the top 6 come January, never mind in a position to challenge for 3rd or 4th. We've had the bottom clubs recently and made a complete mess of it, drawing with Dundee and St Mirren at home.

Unless there's big signings in January, this team won't be finishing higher than 7th or 8th.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Having looked at our fixtures and the fixtures for the teams just ahead of us coming up, it will be a big surprise if we're not a fair bit behind the top 6 come January, never mind in a position to challenge for 3rd or 4th. We've had the bottom clubs recently and made a complete mess of it, drawing with Dundee and St Mirren at home.

Unless there's big signings in January, this team won't be finishing higher than 7th or 8th.
    Cest la vie.

Making a complete mess would be losing to those clubs. I think we actually beat Hamilton and drew the other two.

My prediction is that we will make good signings and work our way up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

I won't be surprised, Hibs away is a tough game for Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Livi. Always has been. We'll put up a good performance.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    FWIW I look back at my reaction over the last week or so as being more than a bit over the top. In hindsight i was far too hasty in suggesting Lennon's time was up.

My feeling was always that it wasn't down to results and more down to the lack of commitment i felt we were getting from Lennon however my mood on the matter since we beat Hamilton suggests i was possibly kidding myself on in thinking it had nothing to do with results.

I'm still not convinced he is going to be here for the long term and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he left once we sort our form out but I've definitely come round to the way of thinking of giving him time to sort that.

I still don't like Parkers interview last week and i think it's poor throwing the players under a bus, IMO they should win and lose together, i would like to think though that this was just his way of getting a reaction, we'll find out soon enough if it's worked or not as the win against Hamilton was great, we're not out the woods just yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    So Easy. you are a humber hibbie, early poster and could possibly be a yam fud
    You been on the pop? ☺