hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough. But given how well things were going a couple of months ago, I'd find it hard to write off a transfer window because of a lack of trust in the manager to use the budget properly. If things don't improve during the rest of December, I think a change will be necessary. Lennon has been great for Hibs, but there is life beyond his time at the club; I still hope he can turn it around, but i honestly no longer believe it.
    I don't believe he will turn it round either but stranger things have happened. Parker's words suggest that the spray paint cans are being shook in preparation for the writing on the wall. If we play like we played tonight for most of the games in December I won't need to worry about money being wasted in January by Lennon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First observation - you canny beat a .net Match thread!

2nd - only 6 weeks or so ago I think it's fair to say we were all (largely all of us!?) happy with how things were generally going and with Lennon himself.

3rd - I distinctly recall the vast majority on here being thrilled when we signed Mallan, Flo and then McLaren again.

4th - SJM, Allan, McGeouch & Barker all left (any team in Scotland would be markedly worse after losing these players).

5th - We've been plagued off and on with a really bad run of injuries this season which, to me, makes it not really that surprising that Lennon doesn't (a) know and/or (b) been able to determine or pick his best starting 11. Injuries to - Marciano, Gray, Hanlon, Daz, Hyndman, Agyeapong, McLaren and even some speculation Flo hasn't really been 100% fit since his return.

All these factors rolled up plus the other issue of a squad lacking any confidence due to losing a few games and suddenly there's calls for Lennon to go, and abuse for Flo, Jamie & Mallan - apparently they're "Tom Kite" now, and finally - we're going to be in a relegation battle. Personally, I'd say we should reasonably expect Lennon to come out and try to set things straight with the fans, explain how he intends to try and turn round our slump in form, explain what we're doing behind the scenes to try and remedy our never ending run of injuries and what he's gonna try and do in January to bolster the squad. To bin him at this point though is surely madness? We've been brutal for a few weeks yes, but are still only 2 wins off 4th or 5th spot (not that I'm suggesting this would signify "success" or be the limit of our ambitions). Sack Lennon now and who do we get in? Remember the run of "managers" we've had in recent times and be careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by 221000 View Post
    First observation - you canny beat a .net Match thread!

2nd - only 6 weeks or so ago I think it's fair to say we were all (largely all of us!?) happy with how things were generally going and with Lennon himself.

3rd - I distinctly recall the vast majority on here being thrilled when we signed Mallan, Flo and then McLaren again.

4th - SJM, Allan, McGeouch & Barker all left (any team in Scotland would be markedly worse after losing these players).

5th - We've been plagued off and on with a really bad run of injuries this season which, to me, makes it not really that surprising that Lennon doesn't (a) know and/or (b) been able to determine or pick his best starting 11. Injuries to - Marciano, Gray, Hanlon, Daz, Hyndman, Agyeapong, McLaren and even some speculation Flo hasn't really been 100% fit since his return.

All these factors rolled up plus the other issue of a squad lacking any confidence due to losing a few games and suddenly there's calls for Lennon to go, and abuse for Flo, Jamie & Mallan - apparently they're "Tom Kite" now, and finally - we're going to be in a relegation battle. Personally, I'd say we should reasonably expect Lennon to come out and try to set things straight with the fans, explain how he intends to try and turn round our slump in form, explain what we're doing behind the scenes to try and remedy our never ending run of injuries and what he's gonna try and do in January to bolster the squad. To bin him at this point though is surely madness? We've been brutal for a few weeks yes, but are still only 2 wins off 4th or 5th spot (not that I'm suggesting this would signify "success" or be the limit of our ambitions). Sack Lennon now and who do we get in? Remember the run of "managers" we've had in recent times and be careful what you wish for!
    Great post! While I am not a fan of Lennon myself the fire him would be absurd. His record here is decent and the bad run, while worrying, is not remotely justified in firing him. On that basis there is hardly a manager in the country that could survive.

Moreover I wager it is not even on the Boards mind.Dempster does not seem that sort of character. If is possible, given his personality, he walks, but fired no - things would need to get a lot worse and that is from someone who did not really support his appointment and has been broadly unconvinced by him since.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Bogdan needs dropped after last night's performance.To lose a goal from 55yards was inexcusable. Not the first time I feel he has let us down.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    Looking objectively we actually scored 2 well worked goals and lost the game because our keeper sold us out twice. Ambrose ducks so he must have had a shout.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ambrose didn't duck, it was a crap header that went in

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Bogdan needs dropped after last night's performance.To lose a goal from 55yards was inexcusable. Not the first time I feel he has let us down.
    No way was he at fault for the first goal he was in what I would consider a reasonable starting position for the ball being just over the half way line. An amazing effort.