hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs should have done a match package for the 3 home Cat A games in December.
    Good suggestion. Said it before you’d make a good fans rep director

2. Log in to remove the advert

They already have.

It's called a season ticket.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’ll be surprised if we open up the South as it would be a big hit financially if we sell any less than 1000 tickets for a segregated South. Good to see the club keeping the option open so it’s up to the fans to back that up by getting their seats sorted ASAP.

[QUOTE=weecounty hibby;5612618]Stop moaning for **** sake. We as a group of fans have been saying for years that we should cut their allocation. The club have done so. "Aw but we're no playing very well so nobody will go to the games in the Hibs end". "It'll be embarrassing" "we'll be ridiculed" Time to step up again as fans and get to the games. We are once again taking a stand against the OF so the club should be applauded. If we had given them the full allocation before seeing if we could sell the tickets folk would have been on here criticising that decision. Sometimes the club can't win!
    As an aside, I'd be happy to pay a wee bit extra on my ST to make sure we continue to do this but cut any losses. **** the old firm

Is the cut the allocation being called for predominantly by fans that are season ticket holders and therefore attend games and have no bother getting in, how many actually are there outwith ST's out there calling for a bigger number of tickets to be made available ?
    As has been said i will be intrigued to see the actual uptake, if our current form continues, at which point it then becomes a financial hit that we can't afford, for what its worth I am not convinced our reasoning or the evidence of.ticket sales will justify the cost of dipping out on the wages of 2-3 players annual salaries these games pay for !!!

Hibs now have a section on the ticket page where ST holders can re-sell their seats for one game if they don't plan to go.

Considering how many are missing at every home game, if everybody not planning to go actually registered their seat, we'd really have no need to open the South Stand to Hibs Fans.

I'm delighted with this. I would gladly give the pair of them about 400 tickets for Easter Road.

To hell with them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm delighted with this. I would gladly give the pair of them about 400 tickets for Easter Road.

To hell with them.
    Well said J agree totally

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Subject to home sales, they will get more if we don’t sell out other stands
    Let's hope the Estate agents get the finger out then :wink

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    They already have.

It's called a season ticket.
    I think you are getting a little mixed up with match packages and tickets for the entire season 👍

Left by mutual consent!

To hell with them.
    Totally.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Stop moaning for **** sake. We as a group of fans have been saying for years that we should cut their allocation. The club have done so. "Aw but we're no playing very well so nobody will go to the games in the Hibs end". "It'll be embarrassing" "we'll be ridiculed" Time to step up again as fans and get to the games. We are once again taking a stand against the OF so the club should be applauded. If we had given them the full allocation before seeing if we could sell the tickets folk would have been on here criticising that decision. Sometimes the club can't win!
    As an aside, I'd be happy to pay a wee bit extra on my ST to make sure we continue to do this but cut any losses. **** the old firm parasites
    What he/she/it said; we have complained for years because the club wouldn't do this, now we are complaining because the club does.
    Let's not assume because the recent results haven't been great that our support is going to disappear like snaw aff a dyke, as a support we need to have bigger cajones than that.
    We should be able to fill ER for the visit of those welts.
    GG
    And again GG

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Hopefully one day we can have 0 Old Firm fans at ER.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's a good move, IMO, but now we need Hibs fans to buy those seats.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    If the demand is there in the home end then it's a great decision, more Hibs fans the better.

Just can't see us selling out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    With the way we’re going, we’ll be lucky to sell out our end.

My thoughts exactly.

If we were playing well and up there challenging we would sell the tickets no problem but that’s not the case at the moment.. give them both the full stand and take the money anything else is just stupid.

Mind when folk on this site were calling for us to fill in the corners? Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    If we were playing well and up there challenging we would sell the tickets no problem but that’s not the case at the moment.. give them both the full stand and take the money anything else is just stupid.
    Doing what we are doing makes much more sense. Three games between now and the Celtic game. We might be back in form with folk wanting to go by then. If we’re not, and we don’t need the tickets, hand them over then.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Really? You surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If the demand is there in the home end then it's a great decision, more Hibs fans the better.

Just can't see us selling out.
    I would happily see us cut their allocations even when we're back to being pish and struggling to get 8000 through the gates.

I would happily see us cut their allocations even when we're back to being pish and struggling to get 8000 through the gates.
    I hope you're not doing the numbers!

They're a cash cow that clubs would be mad not to take advantage of

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope you're not doing the numbers!

They're a cash cow that clubs would be mad not to take advantage of
    It would certainly make the game more enjoyable for the majority of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It would certainly make the game more enjoyable for the majority of the stadium.
    That's a fair point.

@hibs.net private member
    For years supporters have been saying we should cut their allocation. Well the board have listened and freed up seats for Hibs supporters.

We are not going to offer the tickets back to either of those clubs as we will not give them the opportunity to say no. They would take great delight in doing that. So try and encourage someone to come along and get the stadium rocking.

The club are looking for backing. If we don’t fill the south stand the club will not give us the opportunity again. Come on, you know it makes sense.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Hibs should have done a match package for the 3 home Cat A games in December.
    No sense in including the Hearts game as we will sell out the game and anyway it couldn’ have been used as it forms part of the half season ticket.

Could have done a package for 2 old firm games plus Livingston though. Ensure a bumper crowd at that game.
    Last edited by PatHead; 26-11-2018 at 08:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    FFS i thought i used to be a miserable *******, but you along with a few others make me look like a motivational guru.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    I'm happy with this. I very much doubt the club haven't thought hard about any financial implications but I've got a couple of points with one already being discussed.

The first is the fact that we've been given a laughable amount of tickets at both parkhead and Ibrox with respect to the capacity of each stadium. Couple that with the crap we put up with regards to restricted views and abuse in the form of 'missiles' etc. then the away experience at both stadiums is horrific considering the cost of a ticket and that's ignoring the match day experience as a whole the minute you get near each. We should try and be hospitable where we can but at some point you've got to ask wheres the parity? They get a full stand compared to us getting a few seats in their ****ty section. Police and stewards say boo to them but we aren't necessarily given the same treatment when away. I could go in but you only need to attend one of these games or read the match day threads (albeit you may get a slight one sided view of things this way) to compare the treatment of fans at 'certain' football venues.

The next is a subjective point but how many times have you heard that the fans are the 12th Man. If you give away a decent slice of your stadium to the opposition (more so in the case of many other teams) then you mitigate the home advtange you have somewhat. Both clubs already have a momentous amount of expenditure in regards to wages compared with every other team in the league. Your already up against it before you've started and that's usually echoed by the media who've already wrote you off too. Anything we can do to help improve our chances should be done. We can delve deeper in respect to the psychology of the so called 'home advantage' but less opposition fans can only help imo. So let's do it.

Again it's been said but less opposition fans should hopefully result in a lesser police presence and steward requirement so you'd think a few bob could be saved there. And again it's also up to us to try and fill as many seats as possible. If we don't then I couldn't care less what away fans think and we shouldn't be embarrassed if we can't fill the other half of the stand. I don't necessarily think that's the current aim and reason behind this. Of course filling our stadium with as much home fans as possible is the ultimate goal but even then I think it's fair to allow a suitable amount of away fans given were offered the same courtesy. It's why I'm happy to give the full stand to Hearts fans. They do the same for us.

Sorry for the wall of text and also if this is a little incoherent (typing on phone).
    Last edited by CMac1988; 26-11-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    That's a fair point.
    I wonder if the club could explore the option of placing the singing section in the part of the south that will no be ours? Be amazing them behind the goals beside them!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    You think?

The best atmospheres are when there’s a full away end. These are the games I enjoy and the rivalry with the fans is part of it.

It would be absolutely dire if it was Hibs fans only when playing against the old firm or Hearts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You think?

The best atmospheres are when there’s a full away end. These are the games I enjoy and the rivalry with the fans is part of it.

It would be absolutely dire if it was Hibs fans only when playing against the old firm or Hearts.
    Nah, the old firm and their ***** songs thinking they own the place gets my goat. Give them half and get our signing section into the other part of the stand.