Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Eaves

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Tom Eaves
    Tom Eaves
    Tom Eaves
    Tom Eaves
    I’m begging of you please just finish a chance

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's been regularly touted as a championship calibre player on Caroline Barkers Football League podcast. I think there will be higher paying clubs than us in for him.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Does anyone think this guy may well be out of our price range? It's not often we're able to sign from a League One club.

Why is it a big striker we need? It's quality we need, tall or short. We don't need a target man if we can get from A to B without punting it.

Hopefully he's a good player and we sign him but I hope there's a bit more to it than his height.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it a big striker we need? It's quality we need, tall or short. We don't need a target man if we can get from A to B without punting it.

Hopefully he's a good player and we sign him but I hope there's a bit more to it than his height.
    We need someone who can play up front on their own other than Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw don’t have the strength to outmuscle defenders in this league and work better with a striking partner who can get in defenders faces and do the rough stuff.

Kamberi’s suspension shows that we are woefully short up front without him. Having someone of his size for Mallan to aim corners and free kicks towards will also come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    We need someone who can play up front on their own other than Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw don’t have the strength to outmuscle defenders in this league and work better with a striking partner who can get in defenders faces and do the rough stuff.

Kamberi’s suspension shows that we are woefully short up front without him. Having someone of his size for Mallan to aim corners and free kicks towards will also come in handy.
    Height doesn't relate at all to his ability to play up front on his own though. Quality does. Some of the best lone strikers around are well under 6ft. Just because he is tall doesn't mean he can play up front alone.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 23-11-2018 at 09:53 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Tall doesn't mean low quality does it?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Height doesn't relate at all to his ability to play up front on his own though. Quality does. Some of the best lone strikers around are well under 6ft. Just because he is tall doesn't mean he can play up front alone.
    It doesn’t not relate at all. I’d agree with your general point but as a lone striker it’s handy being a bit bigger.

Tall doesn't mean we take the route one option either , getting the ball out wide and crosses from wide areas into the box for someone who can get on the end of a cross. We can still play attractive football playing through the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Tall doesn't mean low quality does it?
    Of course not. Who suggested that?

First Team Regular
    Would be a great addition but money talks .

This is exactly the reason I don't want to know who we are scouting, cos the word gets out and it opens up to potential competition from other teams, and no i am not naive enough to think other teams may not be interested already, but putting this information out there just advertises it. I am delighted they are looking but want the who at part kept quiet !!!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I think plenty of clubs will be aware of Eaves and don’t really see our interest being published in the Sun making much of a difference. If we offer the best deal he’ll come here.

@hibs.net private member
    Any decent agent will let it be known he is interesting other clubs. If nothing else it would be to squeeze as much as possible out of Gillingham.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://youtu.be/VIKrS8_kvBI

Boy loves a header and looks a handful.

When I saw him lining up to take a penalty I was half expecting to see him header it in.
    Some good goals in that clip. I know it's only highlights but the lad seems to know his way around the box and he definitely knows how to head a ball.
    Would be a good signing me thinks. Can't imagine there won't be some competition to get him tho.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Mate of mine is a Gills fan
    Says he’s excellent and has always played well for them
    Says Eaves wants to sign a new contract with them but he hasn’t been offered one yet
    But when I suggested it, he says that, in his opinion, eaves isn’t an English championship standard player (that he may have found his level

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Mate of mine is a Gills fan
    Says he’s excellent and has always played well for them
    Says Eaves wants to sign a new contract with them but he hasn’t been offered one yet
    But when I suggested it, he says that, in his opinion, eaves isn’t an English championship standard player (that he may have found his level
    Strange the club hasn't offered him a new deal. Top goalscorer in league 1 as it stands.

He looks like he'd be a decent acquisition!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Strange the club hasn't offered him a new deal. Top goalscorer in league 1 as it stands.

He looks like he'd be a decent acquisition!
    I wonder if they have sounded him out on what kind of wages he wants, and they cant get near it?

Why do posters start a new thread without looking down the front page to see if someone else has posted the same

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335528-Tom-Eaves

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...fter-Tom-Eaves

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...mour-Tom-Eaves

How many Tom Eaves threads do we need?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Tom Eaves

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I wonder if they have sounded him out on what kind of wages he wants, and they cant get near it?
    I'd be surprised if we can pay more than Gillingham to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd be surprised if we can pay more than Gillingham to be honest.
    We have more season ticket holders than they have capacity. Wouldn't be that surprising.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Looks like he’d be a good signing but I’m sure he will be interesting a couple of other clubs as well especially if he available on a pre-contract.

I think you could go to any team in the English lower leagues and they will all have a similar forward. The trouble is most teams have a centre half equally as big so he is doing well in the league of giants ! Worth a punt if we can meet his wages, i wonder what they earn in that league ?

We have more season ticket holders than they have capacity. Wouldn't be that surprising.
    We have more season tickets holders than Bournemouth's capacity. It's not a great rational to use.

Think playing under NL before might sway it.

We have more season tickets holders than Bournemouth's capacity. It's not a great rational to use.
    Bournemouth get hundreds of millions in TV money and play at a much higher level than Gillingham. Bournemouth also have a wealthy owner who funded their rise. If my rational is bad...

Bournemouth get hundreds of millions in TV money and play at a much higher level than Gillingham. Bournemouth also have a wealthy owner who funded their rise. If my rational is bad...
    It was you who brought up capacity compared to season ticket holders not me. Just pointing out it's a simplistic and daft way to look at what wages clubs can pay as you've just proved.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 23-11-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    If that's what it takes to get him through the door...

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

It was you who brought up capacity compared to season ticket holders not me. Just pointing out it's a simplistic and daft way to look at what wages clubs can pay as you've just proved.
    I think comparing clubs in league 1 and the Premier league is more daft. Hibs are bigger than both but only one has hundreds of millions of free money.