hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GET YOUR OWN THREAD!!

Update on Scotsman poll.

Scotsman poll.jpg
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 21-11-2018 at 03:18 PM.

SCOTLAND CAN.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Remember this wasn't a phone poll so nobody read out the questions to them, they had to read them carefully and then tick the right box. As I said above, it's not a uniform lurch from Y->N. The age group you'd most expect to be Yes (from all other polling) suddenly went to No and the age group you'd most expect to be No moved slightly to Yes. The only plausible explanation is confusion/carelessness by the respondents. If you think about it, it's not a huge stretch to imagine some will have skim read the questions and ticked the wrong box.

For reliable opinion poll results it's best to stick with the well known question. But then, the client in this case has a vested interest in a skewed result.
    I guess I could maybe see that happening.

With a sample size of 1000 people then it's always likely to fluctuate a bit and have the odd massive outlier too - could just be one of those.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post

Update on Scotsman poll.

Scotsman poll.jpg
    I would be the happiest man in the world if that was really the case. Just don't see it......yet. I do however firmly believe that the Brexit debacle has made even more people see the massive benefits in being in control of your own destiny. Fingers crossed that this numbers are true though

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I would be the happiest man in the world if that was really the case. Just don't see it......yet. I do however firmly believe that the Brexit debacle has made even more people see the massive benefits in being in control of your own destiny. Fingers crossed that this numbers are true though
    It's a self selecting newspaper poll, ie. not worth the paper it's (not) written on.

See Gallup vs the Literary Digest and all available evidence since!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    It's a self selecting newspaper poll, ie. not worth the paper it's (not) written on.

See Gallup vs the Literary Digest and all available evidence since!
    Yeah, I know. I do believe that in general in my non scientific method of actually speaking to folk that people who were mild no voters are actually beginning to come round and see the light. There are of course those who will never be persuaded but we just need to work with them when, not if, Scotland does become independent

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Heavily weighted with dirty nats sharing on the Twattersphere.

SCOTLAND CAN.