hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 270 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He posted about Brandon Barker returning and also Scott Allan and took a bit of stick for not being right, despite having been right with Mallan, Flo and MacLaren if my memory is correct.
    Here we go again, he never received any stick for getting anything wrong regarding any transfer.

It was what he said about why the deal never went through, thats why people took umbrage over it.

I find it really strange that people are arguing the case, when the threads are still there, and can quite easily be accessed in seconds, yet the same rubbish is being spouted about how he took stick for getting a transfer signing wrong, when that was never the case.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    [QUOTE=SouthsideHarp_Bhoy;5605694]My impression from following the thread at the time, was that after revelling in his hibs.net celebrity status for a long time, he took the huff when he was challenged on something he posted.

He cant habe it both ways, if he wants to be lauded for his i side knowledge, then he has to accept people will call him out when he posts stuff that didnt materialise or wasnt true in the first place.

The whole in the knoe stuff is stupid anyway, we are all in the knoe eventually, basically he got told stuff by someone else a wee bit before others.[/QUote

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Here we go again, he never received any stick for getting anything wrong regarding any transfer.

It was what he said about why the deal never went through, thats why people took umbrage over it.

I find it really strange that people are arguing the case, when the threads are still there, and can quite easily be accessed in seconds, yet the same rubbish is being spouted about how he took stick for getting a transfer signing wrong, when that was never the case.
    It’s easier to just spout Tom Kite that’s not very well informed. I should know, it’s my forte

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    PM me and I'll tell you.
    Excellent

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Speaking about TheCat, whatever happened to Bleed Green? I wonder if he will make a short cameo appearance? Post something and then have this place in meltdown!

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    I find it so ironic that some people on this site criticise people for posting rumours on a rumours thread. They should read the definition of the word.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    I find it so ironic that some people on this site criticise people for posting rumours on a rumours thread. They should read the definition of the word.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Speaking about TheCat, whatever happened to Bleed Green? I wonder if he will make a short cameo appearance? Post something and then have this place in meltdown!
    What was he predicting again? I can’t even remember. Some buzz though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19

I said he took a bit of stick, if memory serves me right. Calm yourself down pal. There was absolutely no arguing a case from me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think it would be great if we could keep this thread on topic. General rule of thumb is that it's bad form to discuss individual posters. TheCat hasn't been banned, so same rules apply.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think it would be great if we could keep this thread on topic. General rule of thumb is that it's bad form to discuss individual posters. TheCat hasn't been banned, so same rules apply.
    Totally agree, look forward to TheCat's return.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    There's the thing I never understood though. He always gave the impression of having contacts at the club even though managers had changed a number of times not to mention players coming and going. Who was his contact? Could only have been wee Lewis or Tam McCourt if he was ITK for that length of time.......
    Agents remain the same tho. Thats where most rumours start nowadays, often by agents trying to stir up business for their clients.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    He posted about Brandon Barker returning and also Scott Allan and took a bit of stick for not being right, despite having been right with Mallan, Flo and MacLaren if my memory is correct.
    That was my recollection anyway.

Shock horror - a rumour that didn't come to fruition. That never happens eh?

Sorry BH, I'm not going to go and trawl through old threads to prove a point. I remember what happened and I thought he was unfairly treated by some people on here.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

That's a fair enough. No need to get so defensive though, unless it's something you feel guilty about 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Totally agree, look forward to TheCat's return.
    Announce TheCat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Transfers break down all the time, and we will also sign players that nobody has had any inkling of us signing.

Again i will reiterate that nobody gave him stick for getting any transfer wrong, it was the reason Allan's transfer broke down.

I'm pretty sure most folk know the definition of the word rumour, but its quite clear some folk cant read what people are actually saying in those transfer threads.

Transfers break down all the time, and we will also sign players that nobody has had any inkling of us signing.

Again i will reiterate that nobody gave him stick for getting any transfer wrong, it was the reason Allan's transfer broke down.

I'm pretty sure most folk know the definition of the word rumour, but its quite clear some folk cant read what people are actually saying in those transfer threads.
    The thing about his "reason" for the transfer breaking down though was that he was just sharing another rumour he'd heard, and he did it at the time. He didn't sit back, see what happens then criticise. He stuck his neck on the block with a fairly outrageous rumour right at the time, a rumour that to the best of my knowledge has still never been confirmed or denied.

Yes, I think he should probably have to fight his corner a bit, but I thought the treatment he got for posting a rumour (even if it was an unpalatable one) in good faith was a bit uncalled for, and we've lost a good poster and possible source of info from it.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Agents remain the same tho. Thats where most rumours start nowadays, often by agents trying to stir up business for their clients.

As far as I'm aware Freddie had a couple of agents as mates, so the info probably came from them and as people have said, sometimes deals can be called off for one reason or another, last minute hitches etc, doesn't mean he's posting lies or things to get any attention.

As for the Allan incident in August, I don't think Freddie intended any mischief with what he posted, he was given info and was told he can post it, maybe this time he should've checked beforehand as LD got a lot of grief about it but whatever happened to the Allan transfer something didn't go right and no agreement could be done, who's fault it was we'll never know but Freddie posted in good faith, hence why he was peeved when a few turned on him.

Think it's time to move on from it and look to the future.

First Team Breakthrough
    TC wil be trashing himself at this thread.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    If there are posters on here who need to take responsibility for “hounding out” TC, then equally he should take responsibility for the abuse that LD received on Twitter. Posting rumours is fine, but when they are likely to elicit such a negative reaction towards one of our own, then maybe a public message board is not the place for them.

The thing about his "reason" for the transfer breaking down though was that he was just sharing another rumour he'd heard, and he did it at the time. He didn't sit back, see what happens then criticise. He stuck his neck on the block with a fairly outrageous rumour right at the time, a rumour that to the best of my knowledge has still never been confirmed or denied.

Yes, I think he should probably have to fight his corner a bit, but I thought the treatment he got for posting a rumour (even if it was an unpalatable one) in good faith was a bit uncalled for, and we've lost a good poster and possible source of info from it.
    If you can point me in the direction of this i'd be very thankful, as nobody seems to want to share this, yet i have looked at all the threads, and there is no hounding of anyone.

Which thread have i missed where he was hounded so much he had to leave this site?

If you can point me in the direction of this i'd be very thankful, as nobody seems to want to share this, yet i have looked at all the threads, and there is no hounding of anyone.

Which thread have i missed where he was hounded so much he had to leave this site?
    It wasn't so much a hounding in relation to the one rumour, but there were people who were at him constantly for a very long time, urging his rumours to be untrue and questioning his motivation for sharing the rumours. I couldn't really understand the fascination some folk had in hanging on his every word waiting for him to get it wrong (which will happen with rumour).

The LD/ Scott Allan business was the straw that broke the camel's back rather than an isolated incident of hounding.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I'll speak to Freddie's family.

I'll have a chat with TheCat's righteous brother and ask if he will ever come back or if he has lost that loving feline?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    As the initial one seems to have gone already, let's kick off the build-up to the January transfer window. A notoriously difficult time of year to buy in quality, we'll go in surely needing extra firepower up front and more steel in midfield.

Also - if this thread descends like last time into bickering between posters about who's inside info is pish or not, I'll close this thread. If you're unhappy because someone's confidental info (of which they were under no obligation to share with you) didn't come true, tough. Get over it.

Confirmed in
    None

Confirmed new contracts
    Lewis Stevenson (2.5 years)

Confirmed out
    None

Rumoured in
    Scott Allan (midfielder, Celtic)
    Marc NcNulty (striker, Reading)

Rumoured new contracts
    None

Rumoured out
    Ryan Porteous (Aston Villa)
    If you can keep this 1st post updated it will save me from reading the petty point scoring and arguments that such threads usually descend into.

Fingers crossed!

@hibs.net private member

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    Interesting one. Plays regularly at a low level at the age of 18. Potentially seen as one for the future? Some websites list him as a wonderkid

Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    Interesting one. Plays regularly at a low level at the age of 18. Potentially seen as one for the future? Some websites list him as a wonderkid

Last potential future one from a much lower league was Insall, lets hope this one turns out better.

I’m confused.

TheCat posted a rumour about Scott Allan signing for Hibs and t never happened.

What’s Leeann Dempster got to do with it?

Apologies, I’m struggling with this.

It wasn't so much a hounding in relation to the one rumour, but there were people who were at him constantly for a very long time, urging his rumours to be untrue and questioning his motivation for sharing the rumours. I couldn't really understand the fascination some folk had in hanging on his every word waiting for him to get it wrong (which will happen with rumour).

The LD/ Scott Allan business was the straw that broke the camel's back rather than an isolated incident of hounding.
    I'm with you now, he posted complete nonsense and when its shown to be complete nonsense he runs away because he's given some accurate stuff in the past.

Some folk take themselves and what they say way to serious on a football message board. I'm a dick, and if anyone calls me a dick, i'd agree with them, but i wouldn't run away with my tail behind my legs to another site calling this place and the people in it.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 17-11-2018 at 01:08 PM.