hibs.net Messageboard

Page 168 of 270 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 8093
    Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the advice boss, but I’ll carry on loving the endless crap posted on here if that’s alright with you.
    Crack on big boy

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Axes to grind, pots to stir...

Not at all. I'll call it as I see it though and if it's not through rose tinted glasses like yourself then it's not really me with the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    There have been some big decisions wrong this year for sure ...and also some strange review panel decisions ...but without help of goal line tech and VAR..I think they largely do fine ..

People never focus on the games with no issues ..they just remember the bad ones against their team

I'm not talking about bad decisions against us, they've been terrible against every team this year, the standard in Scotland is abysmal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I'm not talking about bad decisions against us, they've been terrible against every team this year, the standard in Scotland is abysmal.
    Don’t see it as bad. It is what it is...we’ve been worse than the refs in a number of games

Have we signed a Ref ?

They have been really poor this season - not just this season - the standard of refs like the football set up in Scotland is run my muppets and as a result we usually have a weekly talking point.

Also why isn’t there more nationalities reffing our game ?

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Have we signed a Ref ?

They have been really poor this season - not just this season - the standard of refs like the football set up in Scotland is run my muppets and as a result we usually have a weekly talking point.

Also why isn’t there more nationalities reffing our game ?
    Refereeing opportunities are open to everyone including you. Admittedly, mounting a goat and having the correct handshake seems to be a pre-requisite for top level, but there's nothing stopping you going for it......

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    So, any news yet.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He seemed pretty honest about trying to get Gauld in and that was in the press we were in talks? Why would he lie about wanting a player it’s 6 months left on his contract who isn’t anywhere near getting a game? Also, as he’s still not anywhere near match sharp you would think we would like any deal to be done as soon as possible to get him up to speed?
    It's practically written into their contracts that managers will lie, and i have the default position that if i see their lips moving they are probably lying.

That way i wont get all annoyed at something i know nothing about, or make assumptions on groundless rumours, as in the grand scheme of things, we know practically nothing about whats going on in the background regarding potential signings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    I just recently added that page on twitter, such a weird account, why would a Hearts fan set up a Hibs ITK page that comes up with random transfer news, it's not like it's outrageous transfers either, really strange thing to do.
    My solution is to identify players that want to come to us either at the start or towards the start of a transfer window and build a team on that basis. We've had 5 months since August to do exactly that. Not identify players we might get if nobody else want's them towards the end of the window when they will be a)not match fit or b)have every chance to bump us leaving us with nothing. Once the window is closed we move on and prepare for the summer to hit the ground running and have the team sorted before August with the added bonus of perhaps getting a higher quality of player in the off chance of them not having a club towards the end of the window and certainly not base our whole recruitment drive on waiting for players at the end of the month as historically it hardly ever works out for the best.

If a player wants to wait until the end of the window before finalising his options then the player is obviously not eager enough in the first place to come to us and we move on unless it's exceptional talent and a one off - not 4 or 5 players giving us a maybe but wait.

You say we've had since August but the picture is constantly changing. In mid October we were 2nd In the League, keeping clean sheets & scoring for fun. At that time we had Efe & Hyndman on the books, Boyle was flying down the wing & Tam had just scored his 1st goal for the club. Who should have been our targets at that time & do you not think those targets would now have changed? As for us deliberately waiting for players until the end of the window that is rapidly becoming the biggest Hibs Net myth of all time & is an insult to all those at ER who are working flat out to secure the proper additions to our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So, any news yet.
    **** all

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    You say we've had since August but the picture is constantly changing. In mid October we were 2nd In the League, keeping clean sheets & scoring for fun. At that time we had Efe & Hyndman on the books, Boyle was flying down the wing & Tam had just scored his 1st goal for the club. Who should have been our targets at that time & do you not think those targets would now have changed? As for us deliberately waiting for players until the end of the window that is rapidly becoming the biggest Hibs Net myth of all time & is an insult to all those at ER who are working flat out to secure the proper additions to our squad.
    Here away you and get stuffed with all that sensible stuff awright?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Refereeing opportunities are open to everyone including you. Admittedly, mounting a goat and having the correct handshake seems to be a pre-requisite for top level, but there's nothing stopping you going for it......
    No mountain goats or any other animals need be harmed in the making of a referee. As Madden and many before him have proven an open declaration of support for the now defunct Glasgow rangers or their reincarnation sevco is more than enough. Season ticket no longer required.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Another pre-requisite for getting to the top level appears to be residing west of the Maybury.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    How’s it not. Scrapping about Celtics coat tails hoping they release a player rather than coming in for him spending what? £100k max get him in support behind the team and club and a statement of intent leading to season ticket renewal next season?
    Who says Scott Allan would agree to a move if the club bought him from Celtic? If he signs for a club for a free he gets a bigger signing on fee. If its in anyone's interest for him to wait until he's released its SA.
    Last edited by ian cruise; 17-01-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Who says Scott Allan would agree to a no e if the club bought him from Celtic? If he signs for a club for a free he gets a bigger signing on fee. If its in anyone's interest for him to wait until he's released its SA.
    He also gets a fair chunk of his celtic contract if they release him. He gets none of it if somebody signs him

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So, any news yet.
    Scott Allan still hasn't signed

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    My point is that more often or not, the delay in signing players is often out of our hands.

I've no doubt that our club are doing everything they can to get the players they want in asap. Sadly we live in a world where there are many other clubs trying to do the same.
    Good post I agree with this

Perhaps the club need a fresh approach as our transfer window policy on the whole is failing. Perhaps as you seem to know how it works you can suggest better than sitting and waiting to see?
    I'll take the same approach as I do to every situation that I have no information on. Sit back, wait, and see what happens.

Pointlessly speculating about something you know nothing about isn't healthy.

I'll take the same approach as I do to every situation that I have no information on. Sit back, wait, and see what happens.

c.f. 'mounting goats' further up this thread!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    You just DO!!

It's not rocket science.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

I'd love to know more about this.

What are the negative health impacts related to speculating about footballing matters?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post

What are the negative health impacts related to speculating about footballing matters?
    c.f. 'mounting goats' further up this thread! (again)

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post

Going off on a tangent but I think for some it can be unhealthy. I don't know many (any?) who post on here personally so I'm not going to call out any posters but I do know that my father gets himself more worked up than is healthy between football message board posts and stuff on social media.

I do see a similar tone in some posts here so I'd guess a few at getting themselves worked up to a point where they aren't leaving it on screen and carrying that frustration with them long after the other poster with a different point of view has moved on to another discussion.

On the news that Celtic are in talks for McTominay from Man Utd

"As a result, Sky Sports News understands Celtic may be forced to offload players to finance any deal with United. "

I think we may now see movement on Allan/Morgan and wouldn't surprise me if Scott Brown became available

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Hibs Twitter announcement
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

On Facebook that SA has signed a 3-year pre-contract with the Hibs

Allan has signed

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Hibs Twitter announcement

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admins can we have a welcome home Scott Allan gif thread?