hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Munich

Munich

Hello. Or should that be Hallo?

I mentioned it in train thread I’m away to Munich next weekend to take in the Düsseldorf game.

Any recommendations for other things to do in the city. I’m sure there will be many a pubs visited (I’ve worked out there’s a massive one beginning with an H?!)

I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Vielen Dank

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I mentioned it in train thread I’m away to Munich next weekend to take in the Düsseldorf game.

Any recommendations for other things to do in the city. I’m sure there will be many a pubs visited (I’ve worked out there’s a massive one beginning with an H?!)

I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Vielen Dank
    We went out to the old Olympic stadium, nothing much there to be honest but quite cool to see if you’re a stadium geek like I am. If you’re looking for something to see in the morning before getting on the beers again it might be worth considering. Can’t remember how we got there but think it was a short train journey.

There was a massive Jahovas witness conference or convention going on when we were there, it was quite the sight. Never converted though.

I’m sure there will be many a pubs visited (I’ve worked out there’s a massive one beginning with an H?!)
    That's the railway station! 😃

Dachau

Well worth a visit. Makes you stop & think.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    We went out to the old Olympic stadium, nothing much there to be honest but quite cool to see if you’re a stadium geek like I am. If you’re looking for something to see in the morning before getting on the beers again it might be worth considering. Can’t remember how we got there but think it was a short train journey.

There was a massive Jahovas witness conference or convention going on when we were there, it was quite the sight. Never converted though.
    Ha! Cheers mate. Quite up for a wander to clear the heid before drinking the impossibly large beers with the impossibly large heids

Check out English Garden. Huge park near the city centre with places to get a beer and food.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Ask Keekaboo, I believe he used to sell pegs there.

Hofbrauhaus, Ratshauskeller, Spaten etc etc. You won't lack places to go boozing.

Join the locals for a wee 10am beer in Virktualianmarkt (spelling issues). Loads of great wee places for food there as well, but wrap up warm at this time of year.

Englischergarten is also quite cool - have a gander at the nutters surfing in the Speer.

Lovely place - are either of the Munich teams playing when you're in town?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Hofbrauhaus, Ratshauskeller, Spaten etc etc. You won't lack places to go boozing.

Join the locals for a wee 10am beer in Virktualianmarkt (spelling issues). Loads of great wee places for food there as well, but wrap up warm at this time of year.

Englischergarten is also quite cool - have a gander at the nutters surfing in the Speer.

Cheers mate! We’ve got tickets for Bayern v Düsseldorf. I’ve had loads of stuff going on so I’ve not really been looking too much into this until now but I’m absolutely buzzing!

Go on Friday morning, come back at about 5 on the Sunday. Got the game on Saturday but want to do other stuff so we’re no just pished for the weekend. Taking about €350 so hoping this will last!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Oh, that Englishwrgaretn....is that where you can go naked in a park? Asking for a friend!

Oh, that Englishwrgaretn....is that where you can go naked in a park? Asking for a friend!
    Not a great idea in November 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    Not a great idea in November 😱
    My friend is hoping that they’ll have heat lamps!

The Schwabing area was pretty good iirc. We stayed in a hotel there, and it was pretty handy for the football so that was where we went out after the game. It was a Saturday night so a lot of people who had been at the game had gone along there. It was busy, but lively and good.

Cracking beer. I'd love to go back.

I loved the drinking in the temporary bars that they put up around the stadium before the game. I went for my birthday a few years ago, which is at the end of October and I was amazed how mild, sunny and pleasant it was. The English garden was absolutely beautiful at that time of year with all the leaves falling off the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The Schwabing area was pretty good iirc. We stayed in a hotel there, and it was pretty handy for the football so that was where we went out after the game. It was a Saturday night so a lot of people who had been at the game had gone along there. It was busy, but lively and good.

Cracking beer. I'd love to go back.

I loved the drinking in the temporary bars that they put up around the stadium before the game. I went for my birthday a few years ago, which is at the end of October and I was amazed how mild, sunny and pleasant it was. The English garden was absolutely beautiful at that time of year with all the leaves falling off the trees.

That’s what I’m hoping for, some bars before the match but neer the ground. I think there’s a fan zone or a big bar at the ground.

Can’t flipping wait!

I'm actually moving to Munich in January, can anyone recommend the best way to buy tickets to Bayern games?