hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Yam accounts

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right about past dodgy dealings, but, in mitigation, it wasn't the fans who were responsible for that. As is often the case, it was the fans who had to pony up when the keek hit the fan. The Hearts support ensured the club could continue after the mismanagement and criminality of the owners.
    to say the Hearts fans werent responsible is just wrong.when they knew they were overspending and cheating to win cups, were they protesting against the owner and trying to stop what they knew was going on behind the scenes? answer no they weree lapping it up and gloating about it prasining Romanov.Im not saying they were 100% responsible but they played a big part in what happend and should be punished.horrible some on here want to defend them

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    I’m pretty certain I’m not supporting the wrong team, but thanks for the advice.

Of course their past behavior has been despicable in all sorts of ways. My observation that 120k coming from supporters every month is impressive is the only credit they’ll ever get from me.
    You and others who want to constantly defend them on here is embarrasing. the 120k figure I really doubt is true, seems quite a lot and it wouldn´t be the first time they falsified accounts for their own benefit.what people don´t seem to realise is they have a track record of this sort of stuff - I could list many examples. it started before romanov, continued when he was there on a scale not seen before, and still continues today.its something that is natural in the Hearts support and club it is nothing to do with who the owner is or who is running the club.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Sorry but they're benefitting from 30+ years and a rough £100m+ of cheating - their fans had to answer their call or they had no club !. Fortunately/unfortunately Hibs being honest don't have that 'advantage' !

Their mysterious 'Benefactor(s)' ?? - where were these people, who seem to have an endless stash of cash, when they were on the verge of extinction ?. Surely it couldn't be that if they had intervened then, their 'donations' would've been wasted on the nasty busness of Hearts actually paying their debts/saving jobs & businesses/charities getting their money..................
    completely agree.the right thing would be for a court to force the foundation of hearts contributions to repay all the debt that has been wiped clean over the last 30 years.of course that won´t happen.the Hearts establishment won´t let it happen.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    completely agree.the right thing would be for a court to force the foundation of hearts contributions to repay all the debt that has been wiped clean over the last 30 years.of course that won´t happen.the Hearts establishment won´t let it happen.
    You mean the law of the land won't let it happen?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You and others who want to constantly defend them on here is embarrasing. the 120k figure I really doubt is true, seems quite a lot and it wouldn´t be the first time they falsified accounts for their own benefit.what people don´t seem to realise is they have a track record of this sort of stuff - I could list many examples. it started before romanov, continued when he was there on a scale not seen before, and still continues today.its something that is natural in the Hearts support and club it is nothing to do with who the owner is or who is running the club.
    What makes you think that the £120k a week is false?

And why would they say it was true if it wasn't?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Would you rather Hibs completely squandered over £50 million and won a grand total of 2 major trophies in that time? We've managed the same since 2006 without nearly going extinct.
    Yup. And were never ever going extinct.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    Not in the way of being financed with multi millions of a (alleged) criminal's loot, being forced into administration and relegated. The cups 'won' under romanov's reign are a stain on Hearts history. There were rumours freely circulating that romanov was crooked long before the stories of financial turbulence began to emerge.
    Yeah I bet the gorgie tramps think it’s a stain ... not

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You mean the law of the land won't let it happen?

Now now, please let hysteria reign

Couldn't give a fig about Hearts' finances now that they, regrettably, aren't going to go pop. I'm a Hibs supporter after all.

Testimonial Due
    Listening to CropleyWasGod tells you that any figures that are in the annual accounts will be doubly vetted by auditors and accountants, as they will not want to be party to any underhand dealings!
    Much as at the time it was scandalous, now they are trying to get to a level playing field with all monies.
    If anything untoward cropped up in the accounts, I feel certain they will be shouted from the rooftops and not just on here!
    Most on here, just don't want them to succeed and it causes the bile to rise, and the fact their fans are doing everything they can to rectify what happened to their club!!!!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    What makes you think that the £120k a week is false?

And why would they say it was true if it wasn't?

A month, surely?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    One thing that is in the public domain though is that they are pretty well stuffed without their donations. I guess they are doing what needs to be done to get past the stadium construction.
    I don’t think they would have built the stand without donations in place though.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    to say the Hearts fans werent responsible is just wrong.when they knew they were overspending and cheating to win cups, were they protesting against the owner and trying to stop what they knew was going on behind the scenes? answer no they weree lapping it up and gloating about it prasining Romanov.Im not saying they were 100% responsible but they played a big part in what happend and should be punished.horrible some on here want to defend them
    I wonder if there has ever been a set of fans, anywhere in world football, that has protested against their own club for spending too much on players?!

A load of nonsense. We’d have been exactly the same as them and lapped it up.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    A month, surely?
    Yeah. I got carried away in the heat of the invective

Every year the same crap comes up on here about the creditors list.

A pub along the road from me went into administration and stuffed some of their suppliers.

If I buy that pub do you really expect me to pay off the debts of the previous owners? Like seriously? Why would I?

Nowhere in business would this happen but because they’re a rival football team you think Budge and / or the fans should pay Romanov’s debts?

That is wired to the moon mental.

She owes them hee-haw and she doesn’t have previous for dodgy accounts or anything like it.

Time for some of you to move on, the rest of Scottish football did years ago.

Yeah. I got carried away in the heat of the invective

Stop using big words, we didn't all go to private schools you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Stop using big words, we didn't all go to private schools you know!

Me neither, ya pleb

The words I wanted to use were caught by the swear filter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think their Mystery Benefactor is Alex Salmond, the one that persuaded the Liquidators to give over the Club without paying off ANY debt. He's quite obviously using the money he receives from Russia Today... funnily enough Russia is where Romanov is now in hiding.

Not that I'm one to start any ludicrous conspiracy theories about any dodgy Russian money being laundered through the UK, via a dodgy football club, and Salmond having inside info to use as leverage for further funds............

I've got an update on my conspiracy theory (you know, the one nobody's interested in).

I have it on good authority (a guy down the pub called wee Ivan) that Big Eck's current legal proceedings are direct revenge for blackmailing certain Russians into bankrolling The Yam's overspending (as in my crazy theory above).

It's a typical Kremlin tactic, and if this doesn't work, they plan to annexe Linlithgow.

Remember, you heard it here first!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

A pub along the road from me went into administration and stuffed some of their suppliers.

If I buy that pub do you really expect me to pay off the debts of the previous owners? Like seriously? Why would I?

Nowhere in business would this happen but because they’re a rival football team you think Budge and / or the fans should pay Romanov’s debts?

She owes them hee-haw and she doesn’t have previous for dodgy accounts or anything like it.

If knocking that pub down and generating cash from the sale of the land meant it could pay off all the debtors, would that make any difference.

I do wonder how the administrators were able to avoid reasonable settlement and allow the failed business to keep it’s main asset whilst bumping it’s many creditors.

I wonder if there has ever been a set of fans, anywhere in world football, that has protested against their own club for spending too much on players?!

A load of nonsense. We’d have been exactly the same as them and lapped it up.
    Romanov would have been given short-shrift if he'd try to buy Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Romanov would have been given short-shrift if he'd try to buy Hibs.
    By Sir Tom, obviously but if we where on the verge of selling Easter road to pay off debts I couldn’t see it.

Left by mutual consent!

The two arent comparable as running a pub isnt a competitive sport. Clubs who enter administration are docked points in an attempt to negate the sporting advantage gained. I don't really expect anyone to pay the debts of previous owners but I would expect more sporting repercussions for clubs who are guilty of financial doping.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    By Sir Tom, obviously but if we where on the verge of selling Easter road to pay off debts I couldn’t see it.
    Dundee Utd, Dundee and Dunfermline all recognised what was he was, knocked him back and survived.

If Hearts had sold Tynie and went to play games at Murrayfield who's to say that wouldn't have been a success by now? All that "no other option" stuff was a lie.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Step away from the paranoia

You doubt the £120k is true but accountants whose reputation and ability to continue in business and at liberty confirm it is true, I think I will believe them if you don't mind

Who do you think is responsible for the preparation of the accounts, wee Jimmy from Ardmillan Hearts or the directors to meet their legal obligations?

Who signs the accounts off? The directors of the company

Who appoints the directors? The majority shareholders.

We have not one shred of evidence to suggest that there is any current criminality in the post administration Hearts, gross incompetence yes, but current criminality no.

Accountants and directors who sign these things of know that they risk prison for signing false declarations which accompany the accounts and IMO there isn't a chance they are doing so.

Even the Romanov era accountants slathered the accounts full of warnings about ability to continue as a going concern and that they were relying on information and assurances from the owners.

The past is the past.

If folk want to wallow in the injustices of it all, fine.

But they need to be careful that in doing so they are not asleep at the wheel when that £120k per month hits the playing budget and transforms their team on the park v ours.

If its going to be enough for them to complain about the past when we are getting skelped every game as we have for much of my adult life, continue to do nothing other than repeat its an injustice.

Otherwise fight the ****ers head on by ensuring we match / exceed their efforts.

I guess at that time we can sit back and crow about our moral superiority.

Personally I would rather hammer them on the park and crow about our football superiority,

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Dundee Utd, Dundee and Dunfermline all recognised what was he was, knocked him back and survived.

If Hearts had sold Tynie and went to play games at Murrayfield who's to say that wouldn't have been a success by now? All that "no other option" stuff was a lie.
    They weren’t all on the brink of losing their ground. It wasn’t a bluff either Cala had the agreement on it! Same position we would have done the same in all reality and the guy would have been launder by the support etc too.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    The two arent comparable as running a pub isnt a competitive sport. Clubs who enter administration are docked points in an attempt to negate the sporting advantage gained. I don't really expect anyone to pay the debts of previous owners but I would expect more sporting repercussions for clubs who are guilty of financial doping.
    That’s fair enough and you could argue that a 15pt deduction wasn’t a severe enough punishment.

That’s an entirely different conversation to the one here though.

New owners paying off previous owners debts is simply nonsense though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

You doubt the £120k is true but accountants whose reputation and ability to continue in business and at liberty confirm it is true, I think I will believe them if you don't mind

Who do you think is responsible for the preparation of the accounts, wee Jimmy from Ardmillan Hearts or the directors to meet their legal obligations?

We have not one shred of evidence to suggest that there is any current criminality in the post administration Hearts, gross incompetence yes, but current criminality no.

Accountants and directors who sign these things of know that they risk prison for signing false declarations which accompany the accounts and IMO there isn't a chance they are doing so.

Even the Romanov era accountants slathered the accounts full of warnings about ability to continue as a going concern and that they were relying on information and assurances from the owners.

The past is the past.

But they need to be careful that in doing so they are not asleep at the wheel when that £120k per month hits the playing budget and transforms their team on the park v ours.

If its going to be enough for them to complain about the past when we are getting skelped every game as we have for much of my adult life, continue to do nothing other than repeat its an injustice.

Otherwise fight the ****ers head on by ensuring we match / exceed their efforts.

Personally I would rather hammer them on the park and crow about our football superiority,
    Fantastic post. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by bsejvt View Post
    step away from the paranoia

you doubt the £120k is true but accountants whose reputation and ability to continue in business and at liberty confirm it is true, i think i will believe them if you don't mind

who do you think is responsible for the preparation of the accounts, wee jimmy from ardmillan hearts or the directors to meet their legal obligations?

who appoints the directors? The majority shareholders.

We have not one shred of evidence to suggest that there is any current criminality in the post administration hearts, gross incompetence yes, but current criminality no.

Accountants and directors who sign these things of know that they risk prison for signing false declarations which accompany the accounts and imo there isn't a chance they are doing so.

Even the romanov era accountants slathered the accounts full of warnings about ability to continue as a going concern and that they were relying on information and assurances from the owners.

The past is the past.

Personally i would rather hammer them on the park and crow about our football superiority,

this!

Almost all of the creditors Hearts stiffed when they went into admin will be back working with Hearts and will no doubt be offering them normal trade credit terms. I think if they can move on from their admin then maybe some of us should too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^Absolutely.

Likewise I’m sure Herriot Watt are happy with their arrangement and even the Lady Haig thing will still be happy getting money from them each year.

The only folk bothered by any of it now are a few Hibs fans stuck in the past.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

The past is the past.

agree with a lot of that bottom bit especialy but I have every right to doubt the 120k just as i doubted the dodgy dealings and figures being quoted and banded about during the romanov era.it might be true it might not but I make no apologies for assuming the worst when it comes to them