hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Yam accounts

So what does all this tell us? Both Hearts and Hibs doing well off the park. No seething or talking about ripped off buisnesses will change that. Roll on December so we can pump them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All these secret benefactors and the 8,000 FOH should be doing the moral thing and paying off every creditor they shafted during those corrupt years, where the debt ran to 40 plus million.
    It grates that they slithered away Scot free from the huge noose around their necks, to continue as though nothing happened.
    Really! Was it the fans who shafted the creditors?
    Much as I am with you in this, we on here are losing the plot blaming fans for their clubs demise?
    They have stood up to be counted, to help get the club back on its feet and move forward!!
    Its no more than we did at the time of the Mercer threat, we stood together to stop it in its tracks!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

I am certain it is Budge. The family that own the Buccleuch estate are tight and wouldn’t fritter millions on a football club.
    You may be certain but your certainty may be misplaced. It’s fairly well known that a number of Edinburgh based fund managers made sizeable donations of their personal cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    What I get from all these numbers is that they are now reliant on these mystery loans and fan donations. They are back to spending more than they actually earn. Just like their big brothers in the west.

I'm beginning to see a pattern

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

That’s a strong allegation Broondog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wellll, they did kill us as a club, no?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Wellll, they did kill us as a club, no?
    No case to answer. Wishful thinking isn't a crime

The Hibs.Net obsession (verging on love-in) with them continues....

@hibs.net private member
    1. the loan was made this year, though, hence the need to refer to it in this year's accounts. Last year, they referred to a "facility" that was made available after the year-end which hadn't been drawn down at that point.

2. on the turnover, we don't match theirs because we don't have our catering and commercial operations in-house. They do, therefore their turnover is bound to be much higher. However, so are their wages and related overheads. For example, they have 275 employees, as against our 100.

If you're certain it is her, though, I'd be keen to hear the evidence.
    Yes they announced the facility last year and yes it was drawn down this year.

The point I am making is why did she not announce that it was her providing the facility last year?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Okay mate, thanks to yourself and Caversham Green for the customary good information for those of us who don't know a balance sheet from a hymn sheet.
    Theres really no place for religion fitba...😁

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Yes they announced the facility last year and yes it was drawn down this year.

The point I am making is why did she not announce that it was her providing the facility last year?
    As I understand the disclosure rules, as it was not actually drawn on at the time the accounts were published, there was no requirement to disclose her name in those accounts.

https://www.ifrs.org/issued-standard...y-disclosures/

A related party transaction is a transfer of resources, services or obligations between a reporting entity and a related party, regardless of whether a price is charged. If an entity has had related party transactions during the periods covered by the financial statements, IAS 24 requires it to disclose the nature of the related party relationship as well as information about those transactions and outstanding balances, including commitments, necessary for users to understand the potential effect of the relationship on the financial statements.

There had been no transaction at the date the accounts were published, hence no need to mention its source. Had it been drawn on at all, then yes she would have had to be named.

(And, yeah, I do realise that I have quoted IAS, when Hearts may not have adopted it. But it still reflects good practice.)
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-11-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    The Hibs.Net obsession (verging on love-in) with them continues....
    Can't quite decide if you're trolling or just a dick. The 'holier than thou' attitude is pure yam

btw... there's a 1,417 page thread about the The Rangers if you want another thread to post about obsession on
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 14-11-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    It is a lot, and it is accurate. 8000 fans chipping in 15 quid a month (on average) and bingo.

Fair play to them, they answered the call magnificently on that one.

Sorry but they're benefitting from 30+ years and a rough £100m+ of cheating - their fans had to answer their call or they had no club !. Fortunately/unfortunately Hibs being honest don't have that 'advantage' !

Their mysterious 'Benefactor(s)' ?? - where were these people, who seem to have an endless stash of cash, when they were on the verge of extinction ?. Surely it couldn't be that if they had intervened then, their 'donations' would've been wasted on the nasty busness of Hearts actually paying their debts/saving jobs & businesses/charities getting their money..................

Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    First off al not fiarplay to them, they have cheated for years ripping off charities and small businesses without any of their fans batting an eyelid and no repurcussions. they got away with murder literally when they came out the other end unscathed - the luckiest, dirtiest club in the world bar none.

these are the same ****bags that go about edinburgh like they doing ther bit for the community spouting off like they are a proud and successful club - bollocks. if you want to give them credit after everything that´s happened you´re as well not supporting hibs, youre on the wrong forum and suporting the wrong team.

the other thing I highly doubt are the figures. first of all where is this mystery money coming from?i really think something fishy is going on and I started trying to get to the bottom of it sometime ago but haven´t been able to get definitive answers. I think more on here need to make an effort to try and uncover the dodgy dealings that are clearly happening behind the scenes at Hearts. they have cheated many times before and I really think they are trying to give themselves an unfair advantage. can you imagine how far ahead we would be with a level playing field? we have dominated them for the past 4 or 5 years with no advantages, no help from the SFA, SRU or corrupt millionaire donations.

starting to get quite sick of it also highly doubt they have 8000 people paying 15 pounds each every month in the same way that they didn´t have 400,000 fans at the parade the last time they won the cup. don´t take anything coming out of Tynecatle at face value.
    Their fans have backed their club extremely well - regardless of what happened beforehand. I just wish more Hibbies would start paying into HSL every month in greater numbers rather than debating reasons why they shouldn’t or won’t sign up. It would help our club massively.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Sorry but they're benefitting from 30+ years and a rough £100m+ of cheating - their fans had to answer their call or they had no club !. Fortunately/unfortunately Hibs being honest don't have that 'advantage' !

Their mysterious 'Benefactor(s)' ?? - where were these people, who seem to have an endless stash of cash, when they were on the verge of extinction ?. Surely it couldn't be that if they had intervened then, their 'donations' would've been wasted on the nasty busness of Hearts actually paying their debts/saving jobs & businesses/charities getting their money..................
    Why would they want to plough their money into saving other businesses etc that had **** all to do with them?

I wouldn’t blame them if they sat saying they wouldn’t put a penny in until Romanov buggered off and it looks like that’s what some re doing. While the normal support put over £100k pm into their club.

Are they supposed to sit there and go “sorry I’m not giving a penny because the club was bankrolled by crooks and cheats?

It’s football, they wanted to save their club, they did somehow, they want to fund it further now to be successful and grow which they have every right too. As for plaudits? I’m not sure until our support reach even nearly the amount of money they give their club for **** all every month, not sure how it deserves anything but?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Their fans have backed their club extremely well - regardless of what happened beforehand. I just wish more Hibbies would start paying into HSL every month in greater numbers rather than debating reasons why they shouldn’t or won’t sign up. It would help our club massively.
    Yep. There’s no point going “aye but they cheated before so they are still ****s” as their putting **** loads in every single month. The results are there to see.

Why would they? is the short answer.

Putting their money into a black hole where the only beneficiary would have been the administrator of the secured creditor vs putting it into a club where they can see the benefit of their money.

No contest IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!

Putting their money into a black hole where the only beneficiary would have been the administrator of the secured creditor vs putting it into a club where they can see the benefit of their money.

No contest IMO.

Exactly, it’s not as if people that make that sort of money historically do so by being not being as ruthless for their best interests as possible regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think their Mystery Benefactor is Alex Salmond, the one that persuaded the Liquidators to give over the Club without paying off ANY debt. He's quite obviously using the money he receives from Russia Today... funnily enough Russia is where Romanov is now in hiding.

Not that I'm one to start any ludicrous conspiracy theories about any dodgy Russian money being laundered through the UK, via a dodgy football club, and Salmond having inside info to use as leverage for further funds............

Sure it is not Alec Salmond....think he will need all his cash for the current ‘issues’ he has.

it is no doubt that Anne Budge is the mystery benefactor.

She is propping them up with her cash and using all ways possible to flower up Hearts bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Really! Was it the fans who shafted the creditors?
    Much as I am with you in this, we on here are losing the plot blaming fans for their clubs demise?
    They have stood up to be counted, to help get the club back on its feet and move forward!!
    Its no more than we did at the time of the Mercer threat, we stood together to stop it in its tracks!
    If the FOH are the same lot who gloried in and bragged about winning "tainted" silverware, and came out with statements such as: "Hibs are no longer our rivals!" then yes, to hell with the rights and wrongs of whether or not they are responsible for the years of financial doping. If they want their club to gain a modicum of respect again, then paying back creditors would be a good starting point - say 50% of their contributions going towards righting the wrongs of their corrupt past and the other 50% towards helping their club along.
    Of course, I'm not stupid enough to believe for a second that even a single Jambo would contemplate this arrangement.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 14-11-2018 at 06:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Sure it is not Alec Salmond....think he will need all his cash for the current ‘issues’ he has.

it is no doubt that Anne Budge is the mystery benefactor.

She is propping them up with her cash and using all ways possible to flower up Hearts bottom line.
    Your evidence being?

Genuine question, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    f the FOH are thIe same lot who gloried in and bragged about winning "tainted" silverware, and came out with statements such as: "Hibs are no longer our rivals!" then yes, they to hell with the rights and wrongs of whether or not they are responsible for the years of financial doping. If they want their club to gain a modicum of respect again, then paying back creditors would be a good starting point - say 50% of their contributions going towards righting the wrongs of their corrupt past and the other 50% towards helping their club along.
    Of course, I'm not stupid enough to believe for a second that even a single Jambo would contemplate this arrangement.
    They're not.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    I for one don't give a hoot about another club's finances.I just don't understand why anyone other than Hearts fans would want to start a thread about them .Only my opinion
    Errr, how about the fact that the Jambo hordes gloried in those corrupt years when their "gangster-led" club bought success on the pitch at the cost of our club - signing players they could not afford (or indeed pay) in order to get one over Hibs. The 1-5 cup final was the ultimate reward for those same Jambos - a day in infamy that they still delight in and get satisfaction from.
    Their financially-doped club lorded it over our club for far too long.
    Do you now see why some of we Hibbies then take more than a passing interest in their finances - especially when there are a bunch of so-called secret benefactors operating in the shadows?

Your evidence being?

Genuine question, as they say.

Don't listen to him, it's Big Eck!

He posts on here as Son Of Haggart, and pretends to be level headed and reasonable so he can continue to spy on us. Come on, no Jambo is actually level headed and reasonable.

My take on it in simple terms.

They continue to spend more than is coming in which is being covered by donations from whatever source.

This has been going on for decades now, topped up by the avoidance of meeting their liabilities in the administration event.

Not a sound sustainable business model but they have sustained it for a long, long time.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

No contest IMO.

I agree it would have been futile to put money in before administration.

But, why not back FoH to buy the club out of administration. No need to take control or responsibility, just provide FoH with the £ 2.5 million.

After all it was 5 to midnight for the Yams when Budge opened her purse .

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

But, why not back FoH to buy the club out of administration. No need to take control or responsibility, just provide FoH with the £ 2.5 million.

Fair point.

Maybe they just didn't have the cash at that point, though. Or the inclination. Maybe they didn't trust Budge enough, or the FOH model. There was no guarantee at that point that it was going to work. At least, now, there is a reasonable basis for expecting that the cash is going to be used "properly".

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Fair point.

Maybe they just didn't have the cash at that point, though. Or the inclination. Maybe they didn't trust Budge enough, or the FOH model. There was no guarantee at that point that it was going to work. At least, now, there is a reasonable basis for expecting that the cash is going to be used "properly".

Fair comment

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

This is the biggest question for me.

Maybe they did need someone to commit to putting up the cash first. Maybe Budge is an excellent fundraiser.

The way she tells it, folk are queuing up to put millions in, with no hope of repayment and no public acknowledgement of their generosity.

Such people exist of course, but it is extraordinary.