hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Yam accounts

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I hate using that as point scoring. OK, they may have stolen a bit of charity money, but considering they single-handedly won WW1 I think we can probably call it quits!
    😁😁 fair point.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    You where doing well until you started using poppy charities as point scoring to be honest.
    Really don’t know why you have a problem with that fact. It is not point scoring.

Only the lowest of the low steal from charities.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Really don’t know why you have a problem with that fact. It is not point scoring.

Only the lowest of the low steal from charities.
    It’s most definitely point scoring.

They, as a football club took the services of a charity knowing fine well looking at when they went into admin that was never going to be paid for, absolutely disgusting behaviour, we know it and they know it. Keep it dignified though instead of rubbing it in their faces to point score - It just makes us look unclassy.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s most definitely point scoring.

They, as a football club took the services of a charity knowing fine well looking at when they went into admin that was never going to be paid for, absolutely disgusting behaviour, we know it and they know it. Keep it dignified though instead of rubbing it in their faces to point score - It just makes us look unclassy.
    Could not care one jot about their feelings or what they think about us. Bottom line is that we would never steal from a charity either Earl Haig or their own charity who were also creditors.

Left by mutual consent!
    Could not care one jot about their feelings or what they think about us. Bottom line is that we would never steal from a charity either Earl Haig or their own charity who were also creditors.
    That’s because we are fortunate enough to be ran and owned by a magnificent businessman and human being. I can’t be certain but I’m pretty hopeful as normal human beings that if their support knew that this was outstanding prior to the creditor list it would have been paid off. I’m not a hearts fan, I genuinely can’t stand them and the majority of what they stand for but this isn’t a reason to point score for me. It’s extremely distasteful.

@hibs.net private member
    That’s because we are fortunate enough to be ran and owned by a magnificent businessman and human being. I can’t be certain but I’m pretty hopeful as normal human beings that if their support knew that this was outstanding prior to the creditor list it would have been paid off. I’m not a hearts fan, I genuinely can’t stand them and the majority of what they stand for but this isn’t a reason to point score for me. It’s extremely distasteful.
    We will just need to disagree then. I don’t find it distasteful. Nothing wrong reminding someone how low their club had sunk, How low their moral compass was at that time.

Especially when they lord over us about that final.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    You seem incredibly sensitive about this.
    It's almost as if it should just be forgotten about.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    We will just need to disagree then. I don’t find it distasteful. Nothing wrong reminding someone how low their club had sunk, How low their moral compass was at that time.

Especially when they lord over us about that final.

I don’t mingle with any of them to know about lording over the final and I take an instant dislike to any hearts fan I meet. That cup final matters nothing after how I felt when we won the cup. I kind of thought it would have eradicated any bitterness from 2012 because I couldn’t care about any loss now but I suppose if it’s thrown in your face like you said I understand.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I don’t mingle with any of them to know about lording over the final and I take an instant dislike to any hearts fan I meet. That cup final matters nothing after how I felt when we won the cup. I kind of thought it would have eradicated any bitterness from 2012 because I couldn’t care about any loss now but I suppose if it’s thrown in your face like you said I understand.
    Have you tried therapy?

Seriously, you take an instant dislike to any Hearts fan you meet? I have a dislike of the Rangers, but had a civilised conversation with one of their fans today, discussed Lennon, the 'trouble' at Tynecastle, Scotland and the call offs. Not once did we come to blows about anything. You must be a sad person if you need to dislike fans of a rival club.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Have you tried therapy?

Seriously, you take an instant dislike to any Hearts fan you meet? I have a dislike of the Rangers, but had a civilised conversation with one of their fans today, discussed Lennon, the 'trouble' at Tynecastle, Scotland and the call offs. Not once did we come to blows about anything. You must be a sad person if you need to dislike fans of a rival club.
    I must be sad then but I can’t take to hearts fans.

I still wouldn’t use bumping charities to point score though.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Agreed that point scoring on the charity losing out because a business goes into administration is not clever.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

First Team Regular

I think stepping away from the keyboard for a period of time would be a benefit for everyone.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Agreed that point scoring on the charity losing out because a business goes into administration is not clever.
    I'm maybe not going with the flow here, but, did I not read that the charities were paid the money owed by someone?
    It seems to me that if they paid every amount they were owing, some on here would be totalling the interest they are also due!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I'm maybe not going with the flow here, but, did I not read that the charities were paid the money owed by someone?
    It seems to me that if they paid every amount they were owing, some on here would be totalling the interest they are also due!!!
    As far as I remember, Hearts own charity (Big Hearts?) said that the amount they were due could be offset by rent they were due to Hearts. Really!

The poppies debt was matched by a donation from a third party, some say STF others by embarrassed Hearts supporters.

Neither debt was settled by administrators.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There's an awfy stench of sweet potato on this thread.

First Team Breakthrough
    have said it before but this thread is pathetic and absolutly reeks.the number of "Hibs" fans sticking up for the Yams is really quite ridiculous i suspect many are undercoer Yams but some are our own fans who seems to have forgotten everything.i hate hearts, hate their smug fans and everything about theur club.anyone who thinks different really shouldn't bother coming to Easter Road.

they are **** and have been conducting dodgy dealings as long as i remember - they should be given no credit whatsoever for "saving" their club - they got lucky and ended up ripping off lots of people without a hint or remorse.

Jeezo, that's a sad post

Some of my best mates are Yams and my local pub is the Diggers where we have some great banter

Sad you can take an instant dislike to some people, can't understand that

Testimonial Due
    This thread has gone a bit off topic. Let’s look at the important numbers when analysing HMFC accounts:

TOTAL AMOUNTS SPENT SINCE ADMINISTRATION (OVER AND ABOVE THE NORMAL DAY TO DAY INCOME OF A FOOTBALL CLUB):

£ 6.9m = FoH payments detailed in Annual Accounts up to 30 June 2018
    £ 2.6m = BIDCO loan contributed by Budge
    £ 1.7m = Budge extra loan
    £ 4.5m = Anonymous Donations
    £ 3.3m = Donations in 2018 post financial year end (no further details disclosed from HMFC)
    £ 1.3m = Save the Children sponsorship “project”
    £20.3m = TOTAL EXTRANEOUS FUNDS SPENT

KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:

0 = number of trophies Hearts have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project
    1 = number of trophies Hibs have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This thread has gone a bit off topic. Let’s look at the important numbers when analysing HMFC accounts:

TOTAL AMOUNTS SPENT SINCE ADMINISTRATION (OVER AND ABOVE THE NORMAL DAY TO DAY INCOME OF A FOOTBALL CLUB):

£ 6.9m = FoH payments detailed in Annual Accounts up to 30 June 2018
    £ 2.6m = BIDCO loan contributed by Budge
    £ 1.7m = Budge extra loan
    £ 4.5m = Anonymous Donations
    £ 3.3m = Donations in 2018 post financial year end (no further details disclosed from HMFC)
    £ 1.3m = Save the Children sponsorship “project”
    £20.3m = TOTAL EXTRANEOUS FUNDS SPENT

KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:

0 = number of trophies Hearts have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project
    1 = number of trophies Hibs have won since Hearts fans spent over £20m on the project
    I'm not sure why you would include the sponsorship money in there as that, to me, is part of a football club's normal income.

However, for clarity,

KPI 2.... spent £18m on a stand and pitch.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'm not sure why you would include the sponsorship money in there as that, to me, is part of a football club's normal income.

However, for clarity,

KPI 2 needs amending to: 'spent £18m on a stand and pitch - so far...'

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

However, for clarity,

It's a weird one I agree but it was money contributed by HMFC people rather than by external parties so I've included it in the spend. I don't understand why they didn't get external sponsorship AND the money taken in from the STC transaction. They could have had an extra £1.3m by now as I'm sure they wouldn't be short of potential sponsors.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    It's a weird one I agree but it was money contributed by HMFC people rather than by external parties so I've included it in the spend. I don't understand why they didn't get external sponsorship AND the money taken in from the STC transaction. They could have had an extra £1.3m by now as I'm sure they wouldn't be short of potential sponsors.

The short answer is Tax manipulation.

@hibs.net private member
    The real sad thing in this thread is noticing how many people still say Yams. It's always been awful and it's hardly even a great insult. Stunned it still gets used.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The short answer is Tax manipulation.
    I'm not sure. It's been discussed here before and no-one could come up with what the tax manipulation scheme might be.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I'm not sure. It's been discussed here before and no-one could come up with what the tax manipulation scheme might be.

Is it not something like the Yam donors put their cash into the Save the Children charity and get a hefty tax break for those donations.

The donations are made on the " agreement " that the charity pays Hearts to put their name on the jerseys.

The funding is roughly 55% Yam donors / 45% Tax rebates.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Is it not something like the Yam donors put their cash into the Save the Children charity and get a hefty tax break for those donations.

The donations are made on the " agreement " that the charity pays Hearts to put their name on the jerseys.

The funding is roughly 55% Yam donors / 45% Tax rebates.
    The donors don't get any tax relief for charitable contrubutions, unless they're Higher-rate taxpayers.

However, for every £1 that someone donates, STC can claim 25p from HMRC.

Is that what you were meaning?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    The real sad thing in this thread is noticing how many people still say Yams. It's always been awful and it's hardly even a great insult. Stunned it still gets used.
    I cannot see any harm in calling the Yams the Yams. It rhymes with Bams and Jams and they are mostly a bunch of neanderthal lacking brain cell potato heads. And as you rightly say its not that big an insult which is surely a good thing as we don't want to become like the bigot sisters. I like it albeit don't always use it and can't see any reason to stop as its light hearted enough.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Been done to death on other threads in the past but there's quite a few who like it and have used it for a long time. I'm one of them and whilst I like and use others as well, until there's an official Hibs.net approved list I'm going to use what I like and ignore the ones I don't. It's easy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    If I was a hearts fan reading this thread I would be pissing myself laughing at the ludicrous tin foil hat conspiracy theories being bandied about.

As one or two have mentioned, any accountant signing off accounts knowing or suspecting they were bent would be out on his ear and never work again.

They have people who want to give them money, and Budge is loaning them more cash.

Those people didn't want to flush it down the drain during the Administration event (perhaps because they are not stupid?).

It's not difficult to understand.........

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    If I was a hearts fan reading this thread I would be pissing myself laughing at the ludicrous tin foil hat conspiracy theories being bandied about.

As one or two have mentioned, any accountant signing off accounts knowing or suspecting they were bent would be out on his ear and never work again.

They have people who want to give them money, and Budge is loaning them more cash.

Those people didn't want to flush it down the drain during the Administration event (perhaps because they are not stupid?).

It's not difficult to understand.........
    This is the important thing for me. The disparity in cash thrown at project HMFC versus the cash thrown at project HFC is massive.

If they spend £20m+ and win nothing we get to laugh at them. If they spend £20m+ and win a trophy then we know part of the reason why.