hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Yam accounts

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got an update on my conspiracy theory (you know, the one nobody's interested in).

I have it on good authority (a guy down the pub called wee Ivan) that Big Eck's current legal proceedings are direct revenge for blackmailing certain Russians into bankrolling The Yam's overspending (as in my crazy theory above).

It's a typical Kremlin tactic, and if this doesn't work, they plan to annexe Linlithgow.

Remember, you heard it here first!

I will be giving them a square go on the Peel if they turn up here!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Portsmouth fans are the same. Their club was hours from dying because of the FA Cup they bought. They all think it was worth it.
    Yep, I would have done anything to see us win the Scottish Cup. It yes, makes it a little sweeter in fact a good deal sweeter we won it in our terms as a club the way we did if I’m sitting there at the time prior to that and I knew people who didn’t get to see it, I wouldn’t have given a **** how we win it let alone think it’s some kind of tainted ****. I said before, I would have thought us winning the cup would have stopped the obsession with them.

I will say this though, for a club that shafted lots and lots of companies and guilt tripped their support over and over again - they do have supporters who trust them enough to plough **** loads into them or their foundation etc month after month. Yet many of our support questions and make excuse after excuse for doing similar for us? “Aye but they cheated” simply doesn’t and won’t wash in years to come when some wee fud is telling another he’s a hearts fan for spelling out his pathetic it is.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Not sure that the Hearts accounts are legit just because they were audited. Didn't Carillion have an audit?
    I'm no great lover of auditors, but there's a world of difference between the audit of a multinational PLC and an owner-managed one-site company.

Whilst there are inherent areas of risk in the Hearts audit, they are so obvious that most auditors should be able to deal with them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 16-11-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Yam accounts

[QUOTE=Joe6-2;5605445]
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post

They must have some brass neck to approach companies that they fleeced to work with again
    The companies would have approached them. When a debt goes unpaid, usually both the lender and the borrower are at fault. That was certainly the case with the yams. These companies should have stopped extending credit long before they did, especially given the warning signs that were there. Some of them deserved to lose money, such was their lack of awareness.
    In business though, a pragmatic approach is usually what is taken and they will have approached the yams the day Budge took over, looking to start making money again. It’s the way the system works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    They have never missed an opportunity to do us down or to feather their own nests when possible. Whether legitimately or not.

The attempt to store education department pianos under the stand at old Tynecastle being a case in point. In order to be able to justify paying 'rent' to Hearts from the old Regional Council they wanted to put pianos into completely inappropriate storage under the stand that was damp. That one, I think, was thwarted.

They must have set a world record for the issuing of temporary fire certificates for the old stand. I mean, after how many years can a succession of these things be described as 'temporary'?

The treatment of our club in relation to the proposed development of the Butterfly land adjacent to Easter Road where obstacle after obstacle was put in front of the proposed development. I wonder why?

The gloating attempt to establish the term 'Hibsing it'. The smug 'Docksiders' chat. This is an institution and a fan base with a hugely grand conceit of itself, holier than thou, and ready to try to reinforce its establishment credentials at every opportunity.

Yes, their treatment of the creditors is in the past. But it was disgraceful, it came about because they bent over willingly for Romanov, they knew he was a complete charlatan and they were happy to turn a blind eye to what was going on. They still want to gloat about the benefits they got from it all, while distancing themselves from all the dirty dealings and the impact on people and businesses who were done over to pay for it. Not just here but in Lithuania and elsewhere - including the asset stripped pension funds.

It is quite a feat that they can tirelessly commemorate the heroic actions of Hearts players 100 years ago, but they somehow have complete memory loss over what their club did just 5 years ago.

So I will NEVER tire of reminding them that they are Poppy Thieves and more, that for all their facade of respectable Edinburgh establishment superiority, their club was the lowest of the low - and when it was they were willing accomplices who didn't so much as turn a hair about any of it, then or now. Utterly despicable.
    Agree. Will gode them at every opportunity about their thieving or about the batch of latest fantasy profits. Never let them forget.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    the 120k figure I really doubt is true . . . . . . .
    The £120k figure is certainly true, it amounts to some £8m injected in to the project since their Admin.

Not wishing to start a conspiracy theory, but I've always wondered if there is any transparency on what makes up this figure? Is it 8000 people contributing £15 a month or perhaps 7999 people contributing £3 a month and one person contributing £96k a month? The whole project seems ripe for money laundering of a sort. Inject a large amount in to a football club one end and take it out at the Korean end with a side invoice for "consultancy" work on the inflated cost purchase of stadium parts. I see this sort of transaction all the time in the past 15 years dealing with factories in Asia and it's not something that could ever be audited. £17m is a lot of money to spend on 3/4 of a stand. Well, that's my conspiracy theory for the day.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yup, the whole FOH thing is money laundering on a grand scale.

Somehow all the authorities missed it but luckily a couple of fans on a rival message board are on the game to save the day.

Get writing those letters folks.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    The £120k figure is certainly true, it amounts to some £8m injected in to the project since their Admin.

Not wishing to start a conspiracy theory, but I've always wondered if there is any transparency on what makes up this figure? Is it 8000 people contributing £15 a month or perhaps 7999 people contributing £3 a month and one person contributing £96k a month? The whole project seems ripe for money laundering of a sort. Inject a large amount in to a football club one end and take it out at the Korean end with a side invoice for "consultancy" work on the inflated cost purchase of stadium parts. I see this sort of transaction all the time in the past 15 years dealing with factories in Asia and it's not something that could ever be audited. £17m is a lot of money to spend on 3/4 of a stand. Well, that's my conspiracy theory for the day.
    The money to Hearts comes from FOH, who have different accountants. Both firms of accountants have their Anti Money Laundering responsibilities, which they need to satisfy otherwise they are liable to 7 years' imprisonment.

The bar for reporting ML is very low. The accountant doesn't need proof or evidence that it's going on. All they need is suspicion.

In addition, the bankers and lawyers of both companies have AML responsibilities. If I was wanting to launder money, I'd choose somewhere that was much easier.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Somehow all the authorities missed it but luckily a couple of fans on a rival message board are on the game to save the day.

Meh. This is a Hibs web site, get with program. It’s not a beacon of impartiality and fairness glowing in the dark.

The sums involved are massive – close to £20m and lacking in clarity of their source for large parts of it. Football clubs are a notorious breeding ground for money laundering. If they are not willing to provide any transparency let’s have a bit of fun speculating on the origin of such. Looney conspiracy theory I know, but this was pointed out in the post.

Hibs.net must have the highest number of chartered accountants on any fans forum in Scotland. Businesses failing left right and centre because they're all on here commenting on Hearts.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'd choose somewhere that was much easier.
    A cash business - tanning salons, nail bars, minicabs?

I'm sure some of the lads involved in distribution and retail based in Gimerton and the Inch could give her tips 😁

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    A cash business - tanning salons, nail bars, minicabs?

I'm sure some of the lads involved in distribution and retail based in Gimerton and the Inch could give her tips
    Cash is king ....No pun intended, maybe.... when it comes to money laundering

Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 16-11-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Hibs.net must have the highest number of chartered accountants on any fans forum in Scotland. Businesses failing left right and centre because they're all on here commenting on Hearts.
    Yup. And when Hearts were building their stand these accountants all became building contractors!!!

2 isn't such a high number

And multi-tasking is inherent in the ICAS exams.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post

There's a minimum contribution of I think £10 a month . Most people have upped there's in the time since it's launch. I pay £20 a month, many pay more. I doubt there are any substantial contributors as they would be more likely to go down the benefactor route for tax reasons I would guess.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    There's a minimum contribution of I think £10 a month . Most people have upped there's in the time since it's launch. I pay £20 a month, many pay more. I doubt there are any substantial contributors as they would be more likely to go down the benefactor route for tax reasons I would guess.
    120k a month is pretty impressive in anyone’s book
    I take my hat off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    2 isn't such a high number

And multi-tasking is inherent in the ICAS exams.

Haha. I've heard the easier ACCA exams are held at Tynecastle... Maybe just a coincidence
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 16-11-2018 at 09:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Yep, I would have done anything to see us win the Scottish Cup. It yes, makes it a little sweeter in fact a good deal sweeter we won it in our terms as a club the way we did if I’m sitting there at the time prior to that and I knew people who didn’t get to see it, I wouldn’t have given a **** how we win it let alone think it’s some kind of tainted ****. I said before, I would have thought us winning the cup would have stopped the obsession with them.

I will say this though, for a club that shafted lots and lots of companies and guilt tripped their support over and over again - they do have supporters who trust them enough to plough **** loads into them or their foundation etc month after month. Yet many of our support questions and make excuse after excuse for doing similar for us? “Aye but they cheated” simply doesn’t and won’t wash in years to come when some wee fud is telling another he’s a hearts fan for spelling out his pathetic it is.

I'm not sure I see why you would think it impossible to both hold the position that they cheated (which they absolutely did) and that we should be driving our own level of supporter donations/share purchase up as high as possible. How are they contradictory?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

'The authorities' either 'missed' or 'turned a blind eye to' or deliberately colluded with some decidedly odd numbers in both Hearts' and the Rangers' recent troubles.

Since Hearts came out of admin?

Haha. I've heard the easier ACCA exams are held at Tynecastle... Maybe just a coincidence
    Always in our shadow

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Seven pages.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    'The authorities' either 'missed' or 'turned a blind eye to' or deliberately colluded with some decidedly odd numbers in both Hearts' and the Rangers' recent troubles.
    It's a fair point.

However, reporting of ML suspicion is done confidentially, and it's then up to the justice system to deal with that report as they see fit.

We therefore can't know whether any reporting was actually done, or indeed if the auditors and lawyers were making reports every single week. If reports were made, and the National Crime Agency thought them worthy of further action, I think we would have known by now. (alternatively, for all we know, the NCA have contributed to Vlad's case in Lithuania, hence the reason for continued silence).

@hibs.net private member
    I thought they were taken at Ladbrokes or is that a different ACCA? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I guess you don't really understand what sport is then.

Nah I'm fine thanks.

Hibs fans using that as something to get one over on Hearts though - that's the distasteful part.

Is he doing that?

Go back and read the thread properly.

I said Lady Haig are probably happy to still be getting money from Hearts post admin.

He then tells me to examine my values for some reason?

My point about Hibs fans using this to get one over on Hearts? Are you being serious?

There’s plentty of it on this thread alone. Poppy thieves, never let them forget etc.

There was a story in the EEN once about a poppy collection tin being stolen from a shop. I wonder how many of you are still mad about that?

None, cause you don’t really give a damn about the poppy fund. You want to point score over Hearts.

As I said, distasteful.

Go back and read the thread properly.

I said Lady Haig are probably happy to still be getting money from Hearts post admin.

He then tells me to examine my values for some reason?

My point about Hibs fans using this to get one over on Hearts? Are you being serious?

There’s plentty of it on this thread alone. Poppy thieves, never let them forget etc.

There was a story in the EEN once about a poppy collection tin being stolen from a shop. I wonder how many of you are still mad about that?

None, cause you don’t really give a damn about the poppy fund. You want to point score over Hearts.

As I said, distasteful.

It's not Hibs fans fault that Heart of Midlothian Football Club stole from a charity.

Is it?

Eh? You know the point I’m making.

Anyways you disagree with pretty much anything I post on any thread so no matter really!

Eh? You know the point I’m making.

Anyways you disagree with pretty much anything I post on any thread so no matter really!
    You think Sectarianism isn't a problem in Scotland - have to disagree there.

You find pointing out that Heart of Midlothian Football Club benefiting on the park from the proceeds of stolen monies belonging to charities is "distasteful" - have to disagree there too.

That about covers it.