hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: TICKET EXCHANGE IN OPERATION FOR EDINBURGH DERBY

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    We are pleased to announce that Ticket Exchange is available for the upcoming derby against Hearts at Easter Road on 29th December.
    The system allows supporters who are unable to attend the match to put their season ticket seats up for sale for other home supporters to purchase.
    Ticket Exchange will now be in operation between now and the end of the season for sold-out games. Starting with our Christmas Edinburgh Derby on the 29th December.
    How does Ticket Exchange work?
    For those games where Ticket Exchange is in operation, any season ticket holder that is unable to attend a home fixture will be able to return their ticket for another fan to purchase.
    The season ticket seat will then be available for sale and when bought, the purchaser will then receive a paper ticket or print at home ticket, depending on their chosen method of delivery. Season ticket holders, if your posted seat is sold, your card will be deactivated for that match only.
    Will this be in place for all matches?
    The club will decide when Ticket Exchange will be in operation. It’s likely to be used for matches that have sold out or close to selling out.
    Will I receive anything in return for exchanging my ticket?

Not only will you give another supporter the chance to attend the match, but if your seat is purchased then you can earn money back to redeem against your Season Ticket renewal for the next season. You will receive 50% of the match ticket price for the category of your seat for that fixture in Club Cash. Games are weighted based on the category of match, meaning a Category A match will earn more than a Category B. For the upcoming Hearts game, an adult season ticket holder who successfully sells their seat via Ticket Exchange will receive £15 in club cash, a child £7 and all other concessions £8. Club cash will become visible on your account when you go to the checkout when paying for your new season ticket for next season.
    Who can put their season ticket seat for exchange?
    Season ticket holders in the West, East and Famous Five Upper stands can put their season ticket seats up for exchange. Disabled season ticket holders are unable to put their seats up for exchange via the online system, but can do so via the Ticket Office Disabled line number - 0131 656 7066.
    Season Ticket holders in the Famous Five Family Stand are not eligible for the online Ticket Exchange system, due to upgrade rules in this area, along with preferential season ticket pricing. However, supporters in the Family Stand can voluntarily return their season ticket seats if unable to attend by contacting the Ticket Office directly. These seats would then only be made available to any enquiring family groups.
    What price will the exchanged tickets be sold for?
    The exchanged tickets will be relisted at the adult match ticket price.
    How do I exchange my seat?
    Relisting your seat takes just five minutes. Please read the below step by step guide on how to release your seat to the Ticket Exchange.

1. Login to your account
    2. Select fixture and manage tickets
    3. Seat listing will appear and show a blue box to allow you to sell tickets
    4. Before clicking, tick the seats you want to list, then ‘sell tickets’ box
    5. Select the time you want to list this until (default setting would be when the exchange closes, generally 3 hours prior to kick off)
    6. Click ‘Complete sale’
    7. The value of your seat will be displayed. This is the amount you will receive as credit on your account should your seat be purchased by another supporter
    8. Check and tick Terms and Conditions
    9. Complete Purchase

You will then receive an email stating this has been listed. If your seat is purchased you will receive a further confirmation email. If you are listing multiple seats, you may have to follow the above for each.
    To purchase a ticket through Ticket Exchange
    Buying seats takes just five minutes. Please read the below step by step guide on how to buy Ticket Exchange seats.

1. Login to your account
    2. Select the fixture
    3. Use the Interactive Seating Map or the Ticket Exchange tab to select your seat
    4. Proceed to check out as norma
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Great initiative 👍🏼

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Cashback!

Sold-out games only.

Great move from the club.. well done.. don’t see any reason not to release your seat now.

An excellent initiative by the club. Just managed to get a ticket in the East Stand....absolutely buzzing for the game!

@hibs.net private member
    Well done Hibs.

Brilliant initiative, well done Hibs.

Gives the season ticket holder a tangible reward and makes the club extra money.

In reality, it will likely only come into effect for the derby, or possibly old firm if the club ever goes back to giving them the whole South stand.

Great move by the club!

They need to figure out a way to fill those empty seats in the Famous Five Stand though - really don’t like seeing them empty.

Great news. Benefits the club, fans like me that are locked out and incentivises anyone that can’t go to release their seats. Spread the word.

it is a great move, still perplexes me a bit though as I cant upgrade my granddaughter's ticket. as stated on here by fans, some might only want the family tickets to try that, but there are circumstances when the wee yin is not allowed night games for example. also, this time of year, kids have school plays/church/brownies etc etc and wont be going to football. seat next to me could be spare. will look at it, and probably release for free but it is slightly annoying as my son could have been using it

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it is a great move, still perplexes me a bit though as I cant upgrade my granddaughter's ticket. as stated on here by fans, some might only want the family tickets to try that, but there are circumstances when the wee yin is not allowed night games for example. also, this time of year, kids have school plays/church/brownies etc etc and wont be going to football. seat next to me could be spare. will look at it, and probably release for free but it is slightly annoying as my son could have been using it
    Have you called the ticket office?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good to see the Club doing this now. Much better chance of initiative working now.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Excellent. I've been arguing for this for a while, but it's far more generous than required, imo.

I'm now expecting a flurry of posts from people complaining that they didn't get any cashback because their seat wasn't bought.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Excellent. I've been arguing for this for a while, but it's far more generous than required, imo.

I'm now expecting a flurry of posts from people complaining that they didn't get any cashback because their seat wasn't bought.
    You certainly have and I agree that it is more than I expected.

Maybe it’s a marketing opportunity. Hibs can sell drones that fans can use to check that someone is sitting in their pew

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    You can defo upgrade. Call 0131 661 1875 or pop round and they'll sort it out.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    You certainly have and I agree that it is more than I expected.

Maybe it’s a marketing opportunity. Hibs can sell drones that fans can use to check that someone is sitting in their pew
    Drones disguised as seagulls?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    You can defo upgrade. Call 0131 661 1875 or pop round and they'll sort it out.
    You can't upgrade for FF Lower. I tried it a few weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member
    Great Idea but can't see how they cannot refund the money back to your account. It can't cost that much to refund as the club are making money of the resale of ticket.

What happens if you don't renew your season ticket the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    You can upgrade anywhere in the stadium except FF lower, upgraded my nephew’s seat in the west for the derby

Great Idea but can't see how they cannot refund the money back to your account. It can't cost that much to refund as the club are making money of the resale of ticket.

Then you lose out, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    Any idea how they get released? Is it as single seats become available or do they save till there is a few?

I keep logging on with no joy?

They probably can; it just doesn't make financial sense to run a ticket system in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by eebsie View Post
    Any idea how they get released? Is it as single seats become available or do they save till there is a few?

Yes - same here.

I get a feeling that on Monday morning someone at the Hibs ticket office will press the button and a number of tickets will be available for sale.

I noticed that for the The Rangers game on the day of the game a whole group of seats became available at the top south corner of the East Stand.

Also, what I can't understand is that their still selling the Half-Season tickets which includes this game. Makes me think that they are holding tickets back for the HST and these will become available if not sold.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Yes - same here.

I get a feeling that on Monday morning someone at the Hibs ticket office will press the button and a number of tickets will be available for sale.

I noticed that for the The Rangers game on the day of the game a whole group of seats became available at the top south corner of the East Stand.

Also, what I can't understand is that their still selling the Half-Season tickets which includes this game. Makes me think that they are holding tickets back for the HST and these will become available if not sold.
    Half season ticket doesn’t include hearts game now

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Half season ticket doesn’t include hearts game now
    Didn't know that - cheers!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eebsie View Post

We need someone here to release their seat to see if its instant or not. Any volunteers?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Great move by the club!

They need to figure out a way to fill those empty seats in the Famous Five Stand though - really don’t like seeing them empty.
    Pretty simple really, go back to allowing upgrades to adult tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Pretty simple really, go back to allowing upgrades to adult tickets.
    They need to make the family section in the south stand as cat B tickets then the club could sell out the famous five lower for the visit of Hearts and make more money.

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    Really ? I was hoping to upgrade my daughters ST for the derby so one of my mates could come, I was able to do this last season but not tried this season