hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Yam accounts

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was a hearts fan reading this thread I would be pissing myself laughing at the ludicrous tin foil hat conspiracy theories being bandied about.

As one or two have mentioned, any accountant signing off accounts knowing or suspecting they were bent would be out on his ear and never work again.

They have people who want to give them money, and Budge is loaning them more cash.

Those people didn't want to flush it down the drain during the Administration event (perhaps because they are not stupid?).

It's not difficult to understand.........
    Tend to agree with this as the accountants appear to have more strict responsibility for signing off accounts than before and they're clearly being done to a different standard from their pre administration eras.

Where the head scratching begins for me is how they are actually managing the cash. It's not really about how much they've got but what value they're getting with it. Up to them though. The business model ain't sound but each to their own.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    have said it before but this thread is pathetic and absolutly reeks.the number of "Hibs" fans sticking up for the Yams is really quite ridiculous i suspect many are undercoer Yams but some are our own fans who seems to have forgotten everything.i hate hearts, hate their smug fans and everything about theur club.anyone who thinks different really shouldn't bother coming to Easter Road.

they are **** and have been conducting dodgy dealings as long as i remember - they should be given no credit whatsoever for "saving" their club - they got lucky and ended up ripping off lots of people without a hint or remorse.
    So anyone that doesn’t hate Hearts as much as you shouldn’t bother going to ER?

Are you for real? They’re a rival football team, no more, no less.

Grow up FFS.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If I was a hearts fan reading this thread I would be pissing myself laughing at the ludicrous tin foil hat conspiracy theories being bandied about.

As one or two have mentioned, any accountant signing off accounts knowing or suspecting they were bent would be out on his ear and never work again.

They have people who want to give them money, and Budge is loaning them more cash.

Those people didn't want to flush it down the drain during the Administration event (perhaps because they are not stupid?).

Careful now.

You’re no a proper Hibs fans obviously and should stay away from ER.

The accountants are all in on it and are part of the conspiracy. I thought everyone knew that by now!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The donors don't get any tax relief for charitable contrubutions, unless they're Higher-rate taxpayers.

However, for every £1 that someone donates, STC can claim 25p from HMRC.

Is that what you were meaning?

Yep something like that.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    The real sad thing in this thread is noticing how many people still say Yams. It's always been awful and it's hardly even a great insult. Stunned it still gets used.

You don’t like it but others do. The written language is different to the spoken language, and online has its own set of rules.

It’s ok, it really is. If someone writes ‘yam’ and you understand the meaning then this communication medium is functioning as it should.

There are much more important things to worry about.

Accountants gave Carillion a clean bill of health months before it collapsed. Happens all the time.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Accountants gave Carillion a clean bill of health months before it collapsed. Happens all the time.
    See my comments earlier about Carillion and Hearts.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    It's not Anne Budge.
    I'm guessing you have the same info that I do? An Energy Company with offices in Edinburgh.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    I'm guessing you have the same info that I do? An Energy Company with offices in Edinburgh.

What's not Anne Budge ? lost track of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    What's not Anne Budge ? lost track of this one.
    Me.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith
    It's not Anne Budge
    Well it's certainly not Julie Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Cairn?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Cairn?
    I hear (from Jambo mate in work) that it is 2 partners in Baillie Gifford.

Personal Fund Manager bonuses making their way to HMFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    What's not Anne Budge? lost track of this one.
    Come on Ginge!!! You're all over them like a rash!!! You should be telling us this factual info ;)

The question is "Who is the mystery benefactor(s)?"

I'm told its come from within Cairn, somebody else says Baillie Gifford.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Been done to death on other threads in the past but there's quite a few who like it and have used it for a long time. I'm one of them and whilst I like and use others as well, until there's an official Hibs.net approved list I'm going to use what I like and ignore the ones I don't. It's easy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I think it works particularly well as part of the term Yam Fud.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    I hear (from Jambo mate in work) that it is 2 partners in Baillie Gifford.

Personal Fund Manager bonuses making their way to HMFC.

This is old one. The partners there have wrong social background and donations are way out of proportion to the bonuses for middle and lower ranking partners. The money keeps on coming year after year. This is Budge fire fighting tactic.

Testimonial Due
    There is nothing dodgy with the accounts. There is in the way Hearts are funding themselves. Not sustainable and living within their means. Budge or whoever the donors are not Russian or oil oligarchs

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    This is old one. The partners there have wrong social background and donations are way out of proportion to the bonuses for middle and lower ranking partners. The money keeps on coming year after year. This is Budge fire fighting tactic.
    And what about Cairn?

They were making huge losses but then returned a profit of £185m, not sure it would pay any 6 figure dividend.

Got to be the snobby Roseberrys surely?

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Cheers. The other thing he said was that although they are senior partners they are not active attendees at Hearts games. However the family connection went back years hence then chucking money at them. Suppose we will never know!

I assume that the Save The Children deal is in conjunction with the mystery benefactors?

@hibs.net private member
    I asked someone fairly senior in Baillie Gifford if there was any truth in rumours. He doubted it but said he wouldn’t be surprised if there were a couple of partners in cohoots with a much larger consortium.

Testimonial Due
    Its a serious amount of cash for someone to give expecting no return, especially if they aren't particuarly big fans.

Does seem a bit odd.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Its a serious amount of cash for someone to give expecting no return, especially if they aren't particuarly big fans.

Does seem a bit odd.
    It's crazy amounts of money being thrown at the project. Around £20m since Admin. You can understand someone injecting cash to save the club they love but these amounts are huge. Budge isn't getting her £4.3m loans back anytime soon. Someone's put in £4.5m with no expected return and there's a further £3.3m thrown at it since the accounts were published.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    It's crazy amounts of money being thrown at the project. Around £20m since Admin. You can understand someone injecting cash to save the club they love but these amounts are huge. Budge isn't getting her £4.3m loans back anytime soon. Someone's put in £4.5m with no expected return and there's a further £3.3m thrown at it since the accounts were published.
    Nearly £8m in anonymous donations. I assume the club must have to be able to account for where this money came from in terms of anti- money laundering? Not saying that is derived from dodgy dealings, more clarifying that they will need to have a trail of accountability in terms of the inland revenue and so will the donators?

It seems incredible that such benevolence exists and there is no return, not even an ego massage associated with it being known publicly.

If only our would be investors could do the same. There has been discussion from a member of this forum about wealthy Hibs fans being deterred from putting their money into the club by the current ownership. Although never made clear what the obstacles actually are, it frustrates me, particularly in light of their Jamboid counterparts doing so.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    This thread is still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    No, you've just imagined it.

Just as you've imagined your posting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Nearly £8m in anonymous donations. I assume the club must have to be able to account for where this money came from in terms of anti- money laundering? Not saying that is derived from dodgy dealings, more clarifying that they will need to have a trail of accountability in terms of the inland revenue and so will the donators?

It seems incredible that such benevolence exists and there is no return, not even an ego massage associated with it being known publicly.

If only our would be investors could do the same. There has been discussion from a member of this forum about wealthy Hibs fans being deterred from putting their money into the club by the current ownership. Although never made clear what the obstacles actually are, it frustrates me, particularly in light of their Jamboid counterparts doing so.
    It's actually £8.75m at last count.

On the money-laundering question, it doesn't take much to trigger a report to the National Crime Agency. The auditors have responsibilities to them, as well as the usual audit requirements.

I am more interested in whether there are conditions attached to the various gifts. We've already seen £1m ring-fenced to player costs, and £2m to the stand; the others are less clear.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

The only potential Hibs investors who’ve put their heads above the parapet are much less wealthy than our current owner, and would be unable to offer the same level of security.

I am highly dubious of these benevolent Yam philanthropists but I suppose the truth will come out one day.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The only potential Hibs investors who’ve put their heads above the parapet are much less wealthy than our current owner, and would be unable to offer the same level of security.

I am highly dubious of these benevolent Yam philanthropists but I suppose the truth will come out one day.
    Sure, but they would be investing with no expectation of return anyway? I was probably picturing our rich fans giving via HSL.

I’m assuming these Jambos bearing gifts are have strings attached, so they’re doing it out of love of the club. It’s a heck of a lot of money and as you say, not likely to be within the scope of our publican/ small scale property developer types.

Other clubs, Aberdeen and Motherwell among them, have had very wealthy fans giving large sums. Aside from STF, do we not have any megabucks Hibees willing to donate amillion or two.

Speaking to my anti money laundering son, he tells me that regulation is limited in its scope and mostly focuses on financial institutions and their accountability. It may well be we never find out who or what is behind the Jambos gifts, although massive egos tend to want recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    There are moderators and admins for a reason, best to let them worry about what threads can and can't be on the board. Don't like it don't open it.