Yam accounts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/arti...ial-statements

Here they are, hot off the press.

@hibs.net private member
    By the looks of it on kickback they’ve had a £2 million gift from a benefactor towards the stand and a £1 million gift towards playing budget.

£1 million down the drain on absolute drivel and £2 million down the drain on piss poor project management.

The loan facility of £1.75 million was fully drawn down and as many speculated it was Budge herself that provided it at a market rate of interest.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if these mysterious benefactors were also Budge and FOH will be paying her back for 6-7 years.

Easier to con the gullibles to keep up their DD’s when all is said and done rather than tell them their club is losing money.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    CWG, where are you? Time to get to work.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Doesn't include the players brought in this summer, that will put a wee dent in the figures.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't include the players brought in this summer, that will put a wee dent in the figures.
    Maybe so, but doing ok.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    The yearly Hibs fans pissing themselves thread...us much as I hate to say it they are no lonfer mugs under her stewardship.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    The yearly Hibs fans pissing themselves thread...us much as I hate to say it they are no lonfer mugs under her stewardship.
    Confident words, but I wouldn't speak too soon.

A headline of £1.8m profit that includes a £1.7m loan being drawn down and player sales of circa £400k.

Reports of the death of Yamonomics may be greatly exaggerated I fear...

A few things stood out to me:

Their cash balance is 200k - £4m less than Hibs'
    Their staff costs are £7m - £1.7m more than Hibs
    Their revenue is £12m - £2.4m more than hibs but £1.4m is from foundation donations (we really need to up our game here) and they also received another "exceptional" donation of £2m towards the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund

Obviously there's a hint of bias through my green tinted 20/20 vision but things are NOWHERE near as rosy as they are being reported.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    By the looks of it on kickback they’ve had a £2 million gift from a benefactor towards the stand and a £1 million gift towards playing budget.

£1 million down the drain on absolute drivel and £2 million down the drain on piss poor project management.

The loan facility of £1.75 million was fully drawn down and as many speculated it was Budge herself that provided it at a market rate of interest.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if these mysterious benefactors were also Budge and FOH will be paying her back for 6-7 years.

Easier to con the gullibles to keep up their DD’s when all is said and done rather than tell them their club is losing money.

my thoughts all along :)

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Once Budge’s coffers run dry I’m sure they’ll find someone else willing to prop them up for a few years. They always seem to do.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Someone will be along in a minute to explain how this funding method is light years ahead of our own and what an outstanding result it is as a result of superb financial management of all that cash flow.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Confident words, but I wouldn't speak too soon.

A headline of £1.8m profit that includes a £1.7m loan being drawn down and player sales of circa £400k.

Reports of the death of Yamonomics may be greatly exaggerated I fear...
    The £1.7m loan won't make up any part of the £1.8m profit. It is included in the balance sheet, not the P&L.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    How much mortgage do they have? That’s what I would like to know.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Okay, a few thoughts before I have my lunch

The profit is struck before donations of £1m towards player costs, and £2m towards the stadium costs. In other words, in trading terms, it's probably a loss of £1.2m.

That loss is after making £400k on the sales of Walker and Goncalves.

The stadium is capitalised at £17.7m at the year-end ie the end of June. That doesn't support AB's statement this week that the final cost will be £18m.

They may have cash-flow issues. Current liabilities were up from £135k last year to £7.8m this year.

However, that will be offset by donations of £3.25m so far this season. They also mention player sales this season.... canny think of who, but someone will know....

To the Budge:-

It is her (presumably personally) who has provided the £1.75m loan facility, of which £1.7m has been drawn down. This is being provided at market rates, and she charged an arrangement fee of £11k. It's repayable in 2 years.

Bidco (her company) also provided a further loan, interest-free, of £170k.

The original loan of £2.4m is now at £2.2m, and the interest-holiday has now ended. Bidco charged them an arrangement fee of £22k during the year... not sure why.

FOH now has 35% of the voting rights of the shares owned by Bidco. It is also expected to continue to contribute £120k per month.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-11-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    How much mortgage do they have? That’s what I would like to know.
    They don't have a "mortgage" in the traditional sense.

They have a total of £4m ish due to Budge/Bidco. That's unsecured, as far as I can see.

FOH, though, have security over the stadium.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-11-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

The profit is struck before donations of £1m towards player costs, and £2m towards the stadium costs. In other words, in trading terms, it's probably a loss of £1.2m.

The stadium is capitalised at £17.7m at the year-end ie the end of June. That doesn't support AB's statement this week that the final cost will be £18m.

They may have cash-flow issues. Current liabilities were up from £135k last year to £7.8m this year.

However, that will be offset by donations of £3.25m so far this season. They also mention player sales this season.... canny think of who, but someone will know....

It is her (presumably personally) who has provided the £1.75m loan facility, of which £1.7m has been drawn down. This is being provided at market rates, and she charged an arrangement fee of £11k. it's repayable in 2 years.

The original loan of £2.4m is now at £2.2m, and the interest-holiday has now ended. Bidco charged them an arrangment fee of £22k during the year... not sure why.

FOH now has 35% of the voting rights of the shares owned by Bidco. It is also expected to continue to contribute £120k per month.
    For us simpletons who is in a better financial position Hibs or Hearts? Not sure if that can be answered in such a black and white manner though.

On a quick look:

Their 1.8m profit is after £3m worth of donations - that turns it into a £1.2m loss. However £1m of those donations was towards staff costs (Naismith/Lafferty?) so arguably they wouldn't have spent it if they hadn't had the donation - that would make them just about break even.

The cost of the stand is shown as £18.26m which means that that amount was already 'spent' by 30 June - the recent revelations are old news.

Something that would alarm me if I was of the pink persuasion is the cash balance of £199k. This is presumably after a large proportion of the STs had been sold and ST money is normally needed for the full season - what are they going to do for cash later on in the season? Deferred income, which generally relates to ST sales is £4.8m but there may be something else in there.

It looks like £170k of the £175k facility has already been drawn - that matches with the full £18m for the stand being in the accounts.

Edit: I see yon other guy has beaten me to it.

They spent £319k on new players. I would assume that most if not all of that was at the beginning of last season given the timing of the transfer window opening.

The bottom line of the balance sheet is a positive £14.7m, but that is inflated by the cost of the stand being included in a fixed asset total of £26.7m meaning a negative 'current' balance sheet of £12m. Again, something that would rather concern me.

I think it's all distorted somewhat by the ongoing stand fiasco but I think there is some cause for concern over in Gorgie. They're either going to have to continue to rely on these benefactors or tighten their belts considerably.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    It's not Anne Budge.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    It's not Anne Budge.

ok, that's convinced me it's not

ok, that's convinced me it's not
    If it were her, or a company related to her, it would have to be disclosed in the accounts.

Since the accounts, though, there have been a further £3.25m donations. We won't know whether that is AB until this time next year.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-11-2018 at 12:30 PM.

It is her (presumably personally) who has provided the £1.75m loan facility, of which £1.7m has been drawn down. This is being provided at market rates, and she charged an arrangement fee of £11k. It's repayable in 2 years.

The original loan of £2.4m is now at £2.2m, and the interest-holiday has now ended. Bidco charged them an arrangement fee of £22k during the year... not sure why.

First bit strikes me as a huge increase. What are the current liabilities?

Second bit, how are FOH raising £120,000 per month? That sounds a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    The cost of the stand is shown as £18.26m which means that that amount was already 'spent' by 30 June - the recent revelations are old news.
    They've coughed up £18.26M already? If so the cost of actually finishing it off is going to be huge.

If it were her, or a company related to her, it would have to be disclosed in the accounts.

Since the accounts, though, there have been a further £3.25m donations. We won't know whether that is AB until this time next year.

it will be now away finish yer lunch and this time come back with different answers

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The boy'll no' be getting a bike for Christmas again this year. Washing machine will have to keep spinning just a little bit longer. Auld Jimmy will just have to settle for the pine cask, it's what he would have wanted. There's nowt wrong wi' Cleethorpes - thon Spain's over-rated. Rovers are fabulous machines, there's a few thousand miles in the old jalopy yet. And as for that cardigan, well the wife can aye sew on a wee elbow patch. Now, how do I increase my donation so that we can sign wee Stevie on a permanent deal?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

It is a lot, and it is accurate. 8000 fans chipping in 15 quid a month (on average) and bingo.

Fair play to them, they answered the call magnificently on that one.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Sold Lafferty

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

This season? Laught at me only one I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    The boy'll no' be getting a bike for Christmas again this year. Washing machine will have to keep spinning just a little bit longer. Auld Jimmy will just have to settle for the pine cask, it's what he would have wanted. There's nowt wrong wi' Cleethorpes - thon Spain's over-rated. Rovers are fabulous machines, there's a few thousand miles in the old jalopy yet. And as for that cardigan, well the wife can aye sew on a wee elbow patch. Now, how do I increase my donation so that we can sign wee Stevie on a permanent deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    It is a lot, and it is accurate. 8000 fans chipping in 15 quid a month (on average) and bingo.

Yes, it's impressive. Credit where it's due.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post

First off al not fiarplay to them, they have cheated for years ripping off charities and small businesses without any of their fans batting an eyelid and no repurcussions. they got away with murder literally when they came out the other end unscathed - the luckiest, dirtiest club in the world bar none.

these are the same ****bags that go about edinburgh like they doing ther bit for the community spouting off like they are a proud and successful club - bollocks. if you want to give them credit after everything that´s happened you´re as well not supporting hibs, youre on the wrong forum and suporting the wrong team.

the other thing I highly doubt are the figures. first of all where is this mystery money coming from?i really think something fishy is going on and I started trying to get to the bottom of it sometime ago but haven´t been able to get definitive answers. I think more on here need to make an effort to try and uncover the dodgy dealings that are clearly happening behind the scenes at Hearts. they have cheated many times before and I really think they are trying to give themselves an unfair advantage. can you imagine how far ahead we would be with a level playing field? we have dominated them for the past 4 or 5 years with no advantages, no help from the SFA, SRU or corrupt millionaire donations.

starting to get quite sick of it also highly doubt they have 8000 people paying 15 pounds each every month in the same way that they didn´t have 400,000 fans at the parade the last time they won the cup. don´t take anything coming out of Tynecatle at face value.