hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sjm

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Sjm

Scored the third goal today for Villa in an excellent away win at Derby. I had a wee read of the Villa forum and they absolutely love him. It was weird I felt like a proud father reading what they were saying about him, a proud father who’s child has left home to be a huge success, but really wishes they would come back home

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely, I've been keeping a an eye on him too, watched about 5 or 6 villa games this season and checking their forums now and again, they adore him, and no wonder, he gives everything he's got and will just get better.

Least surprising thing in the world that SJM is flourishing down south. Excellent player with a world class attitude. Deserves everything he gets, what a man.

I feel a big pay off coming when the inevitable big money move is made.

Sooner, rather than later, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scored the third goal today for Villa in an excellent away win at Derby. I had a wee read of the Villa forum and they absolutely love him. It was weird I felt like a proud father reading what they were saying about him, a proud father who’s child has left home to be a huge success, but really wishes they would come back home
    Really miss him and Mcgeough, Slivka and Mallan seem to be the new targets of the hibs.net boo boy ********s

Was it not the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Possibly I just saw the result and had a quick look at the scorers. His name was third, but it might have been in reverse order.

United we stand here....

The best comment on the Villa forum was “ it can’t be long before he gets an assist for one of his goals”. They showed a heat map of where he was on the pitch the most against Bolton and it was red everywhere on the pitch

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Makes me feel very proud but also annoyed about the wealth disparity between north and south of the border. They’re talking about him being worth £15 million, and I have no doubt that’s the least Villa can expect when he inevitably moves on.....and we ended up with, what, £3 million?

We miss him badly, him and Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    Makes me feel very proud but also annoyed about the wealth disparity between north and south of the border. They’re talking about him being worth £15 million, and I have no doubt that’s the least Villa can expect when he inevitably moves on.....and we ended up with, what, £3 million?
    I agree, but if we’ve done things properly then we might get just as much from the sell on than we got from the original transfer.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Yeah and assisting the second.

I agree, but if we’ve done things properly then we might get just as much from the sell on than we got from the original transfer.
    Sure I read from the AGM we have a 15% sell on

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Sure I read from the AGM we have a 15% sell on
    Let’s hope Villa go up this season he he signs a new contract with them then. He’s going to leave them for mega money.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Let’s hope Villa go up this season he he signs a new contract with them then. He’s going to leave them for mega money.
    I would imagine more chance of him moving on and teams coming in for him if they miss out on promotion. Villa in the Premier League are a massive club & it would probably take a big big club to prize him away at that point so it may be less likely that he moves on if they make it to the top flight.

They took the song. I can't believe it.

You can take our player but don't take the song, show some decency it's hard enough as it is

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    They took the song. I can't believe it.

You can take our player but don't take the song, show some decency it's hard enough as it is
    Take it as a tribute.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Brilliant. Sounds a wee bit different wi a brummie accent

All the best to Villa and would be delighted if they gain promotion.

Glory glory to the Hibees.

It breaks my heart 💔 I still love him..

We've a problem replacing him.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    We've a problem replacing him.
    I just don’t think you understand if you think SJM can be replaced.

The best comment on the Villa forum was “ it can’t be long before he gets an assist for one of his goals”. They showed a heat map of where he was on the pitch the most against Bolton and it was red everywhere on the pitch
    that was done as recognition of his efforts on the field but was a real reflection of his game that day.

Quote Originally Posted by telford hibbee View Post
    that was done as recognition of his efforts on the field but was a real reflection of his game that day.
    Wasn't a real reflection

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Joining Aston Villa has been an inspired choice. They are a huge club , but a club that he will get a game week in and week out for. I don't doubt that he will end up in the EPL whether it is with the Villa or after a transfer. Looks like he has ticked all the boxes as part of the process to get settled down South.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Joining Aston Villa has been an inspired choice. They are a huge club , but a club that he will get a game week in and week out for. I don't doubt that he will end up in the EPL whether it is with the Villa or after a transfer. Looks like he has ticked all the boxes as part of the process to get settled down South.
    Yeah i agree. Joining Hibs was inspired and same with Villa. They lad obviously has a good head on his shoulders and good people around him. Literally nothing bad to say about McGinn at all. Genuinely wish him every success.

Hi Guys, We absolutely love him. He's the stand out for POTS. One day there will be a commentary of McGinn puts in a glorious whipped cross and McGinn was at the far post to head home. He's been our best buy for years, sorry about the fee. He's already in the £20m bracket. I'm sure you'll get a dollop of that. Plenty of us already want the scouts to go and look at his brothers.
    The other thing, he doesn't do heat maps, his is a nuclear explosion. There are plenty of shirts sold with McGinniesta on them

Plenty of us now have Hibs as our second team.

Quote Originally Posted by Colhint View Post
    Hi Guys, We absolutely love him. He's the stand out for POTS. One day there will be a commentary of McGinn puts in a glorious whipped cross and McGinn was at the far post to head home. He's been our best buy for years, sorry about the fee. He's already in the £20m bracket. I'm sure you'll get a dollop of that. Plenty of us already want the scouts to go and look at his brothers.
    The other thing, he doesn't do heat maps, his is a nuclear explosion. There are plenty of shirts sold with McGinniesta on them

Plenty of us now have Hibs as our second team.
    I’m down your way in March for the Cheltenham festival. Villa are at home to Middlesbrough on the Saturday so me and my mate are going to the game if we can get tickets. Is it easy to get tickets for a home game?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I wish the wee man all the best, and wish he was still a Hibs player even more.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875