hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We need scott alan

I knew as soon as the team was announced last night that we would struggle. As soon as you start changing your centre half partnerships you see problems. As for going forward we are desperate for the likes of Allan to open up these defences, especially away from home

2. Log in to remove the advert

Desperately need him. Milligan is a good player, on his day Slivka is a good player although we rarely see it enough, and Mallan is a goal threat. But Maclaren and Kamberi are starved without Allan in behind.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew as soon as the team was announced last night that we would struggle. As soon as you start changing your centre half partnerships you see problems. As for going forward we are desperate for the likes of Allan to open up these defences, especially away from home
    Him or someone like him wouldn’t do any harm.

He'd only make our team worse right now. Not kicked a ball in anger since May

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    He'd only make our team worse right now. Not kicked a ball in anger since May
    Well according to some we shouldn’t sign players like him because they’re not match fit...

Allan's creativity is needed but would a midfield trio of Allan, Mallan and Milligan work?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Him or someone like him wouldn’t do any harm.
    Its clear we need Scott Allan. There have been numerous threads about this all season yet there are a few posters who continue to think we need to prioritise other positions. Scott Allan is a top talent and always shines in a Hibs strip. You mention someone like him. If we can’t get him, trying to get someone similar would be way out of our price range. He is a very special player imo and the board should do whatever it takes to get him in January.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Allan's creativity is needed but would a midfield trio of Allan, Mallan and Milligan work?

Yes, Mallan, slivka, boyle and Kamberi all making runs and SA playing the passes and Milligan sitting behind SA protecting the back 4.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    One thing that Allan does that no one in our team is capable of of is making that extra yard of space for himself, giving him a little breathing space and time to think about his next move. Do it a few times over the course of the game and the opposition stop closing you down allowing you to dictate the pace a bit more. Aberdeen closed in numbers last night leaving players punting the ball up the park or passing it back only for it to be punted up anyway. We looked very amateur under pressure.

...and McGinn...and Dylan...

And a target man, not to have that option is a scandal, Lennon had Hartson and Sutton at Celtic so why not with us ?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    100%. He would be head and shoulders our best player.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm now firmly of a mind that we simply need a tried and tested 4-4-2.

We've got full backs. We've got a decent pairing of centre halfs in several combinations. We've got decent combinations of centre midfielders. We've got decent wider options who can play in a 4-4-2. We've got a tried and tested two up top in Kamberi and MacLaren.

We need a 4-4-2 and of course scotty Allan can slip right into that formation.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Someone with his creativity is a must. We are looking very ordinary at the moment and last night we created very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiehibs View Post
    As it was the defence wasn't our problem last night, apart from Rayan Porteous mistake how often was Bogdan forced to save a shot or a header? … they coped with Aberdeen pretty well.

We certainly missed and are missing the creativity the likes of Scott Allan can provide though that's becoming patently obvious.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    100%. He would be head and shoulders our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    And a target man, not to have that option is a scandal, Lennon had Hartson and Sutton at Celtic so why not with us ?

Because Hartson and Sutton are past it?

First Team Breakthrough BarneyHibby's Avatar
    We lack creativity in our midfield. Scotty Allan has to be our priority in january transfer window. We desperately need him back.

Blog Entries
    It would be great to see him back but I fear we should be prepared for a disappointment,

I think we will try everything to get him back. I would be surprised if we don’t get him.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We needed him in August when we got millions for our star midfielder. I’ve still not heard a proper explanation as to why we didn’t sign him. The cat23 seemed to have an opinion on it, but he’s not here anymore.

United we stand here....

If our best formation and players arny available we are bang ordinary,thats no good enuf.midfield isny what it shud be.and allan is one of maybe 4 midfield types we need right now,balance is off in the sqaud.I think we need another january rescue mission or the season could be a dull afair for us.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I'm now firmly of a mind that we simply need a tried and tested 4-4-2.

We've got full backs. We've got a decent pairing of centre halfs in several combinations. We've got decent combinations of centre midfielders. We've got decent wider options who can play in a 4-4-2. We've got a tried and tested two up top in Kamberi and MacLaren.

We need a 4-4-2 and of course scotty Allan can slip right into that formation.
    Only if it’s a diamond.

Scott Allan really doesn't fit into a 4-4-2.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We needed him in August when we got millions for our star midfielder. I’ve still not heard a proper explanation as to why we didn’t sign him. The cat23 seemed to have an opinion on it, but he’s not here anymore.
    He wasn't prioritised ahead of others, we signed hyndman instead, and our relationship with Celtic got a bit frosty after the McGinn dealings.

That was basically the answer given at the AGM by Lennon.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Neither does the majority of our midfield but we signed all them.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Neither does the majority of our midfield but we signed all them.
    Probably because we don't play 4-4-2? Why would we sign players to fit that formation?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Agree he’s better in a midfield three, but could possibly play at tip of a diamond of a midfield 4.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I think we will try everything to get him back. I would be surprised if we don’t get him.
    I hope you’re right, as I think he is a great player, but I honestly think his football career to date is an enigma. We know that we need him and that, for footballing reasons, he needs us, but I think his priority now will always be money driven and, if he stays in Scotland, he will probably end up at Ibrox.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I hope you’re right, as I think he is a great player, but I honestly think his football career to date is an enigma. We know that we need him and that, for footballing reasons, he needs us, but I think his priority now will always be money driven and, if he stays in Scotland, he will probably end up at Ibrox.
    I completely disagree. I was amazed at his attitude when he came back on loan and I might be naive but I think he would put coming back to us more than money for at least a year to get his career back on track. I hope we bid for him in January and hope Celtic aren’t petty about it.