hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Sometimes a player and a Club just fit each other. Scotty is 26 years old and is talented. Hes played less than 130 league games, sign on the dotted line Scotty you know it makes sense, dont waste your talent come to where you shine and are appreciated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I might be wrong but I think if the interest is there from us and we genuinely go for him he will be a hibby.he should have been in august tho imo.he aknowledged he needed roots and games and also that he loves hibs.I get that he stayed at celtic until now,but he needs to act on any interest from hibs now like kamberi and macca did.

There’s a Scotty sized hole in our midfield right now. I thought that was the link we were needing in the recent hard games we’ve had.

I agree. We are 100% missing Scott Alan.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because we don't play 4-4-2? Why would we sign players to fit that formation?
    Apologies, I didn’t realise you were replying to an earlier post, thought you were just stating he didn’t fit into one

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    The 2nd half of last season came together when Flo, Jamie and Scott came together. I'm personally desperate to see them together again in January

I'm sure Scott Allan is training diligently with Celtic and looking after himself but when did he last play a game? An early pre-season friendly?
    He's not involved at reserve level so he'll be well short of match fitness if he were to arrange a January move.

Like many others, I thought we'd be chapping Celtic's door with an offer on the first day of the summer transfer window.
    Like many others, I think our team would be better with him in it.

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    I'm sure Scott Allan is training diligently with Celtic and looking after himself but when did he last play a game? An early pre-season friendly?
    He's not involved at reserve level so he'll be well short of match fitness if he were to arrange a January move.

Like many others, I thought we'd be chapping Celtic's door with an offer on the first day of the summer transfer window.
    Scott Allan is one of the best players in the league on last seasons form, we'd be a much better team with him in it. Question would be whether he can replicate that without SJM and DMc behind him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Scott Allan is one of the best players in the league on last seasons form, we'd be a much better team with him in it. Question would be whether he can replicate that without SJM and DMc behind him.
    He did without McGinn and in large parts Mcgeough first time around 👍

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He did without McGinn and in large parts Mcgeough first time around 👍
    That’s true. Although I thought he was even better last year than his first spell. Fingers crossed hes back in Jan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    That’s true. Although I thought he was even better last year than his first spell. Fingers crossed hes back in Jan.
    Toes too :)

Although you could imagine the Celtic board, having had all the stick for not signing McGinn going “well well well....”

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post

Pretty sure we would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiehibs View Post
    I knew as soon as the team was announced last night that we would struggle. As soon as you start changing your centre half partnerships you see problems. As for going forward we are desperate for the likes of Allan to open up these defences, especially away from home
    Its like man city without David Silva...………..

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Some total slavers, eh? Scott Allan in Hibs midfield before = performances & results, proven! Slavers reckon they know better? Gies peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    It would be great to see him back but I fear we should be prepared for a disappointment,
    That's my gut feeling too.
    There will be a host of clubs lining up to sign him.
    Of course, I'd be over the moon if we got him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Maybes aye maybes naw!

My heart says aye

My head says that ship has sailed

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Would be amazed if Hibs weren't trying to do a deal to tie him up in January. At the very least he should be signed on a pre-contract for next season.

It looks like Hibs screwed up in not signing Scotty pre-season. Lennon always said that any deal for him would be to the end of the transfer window. One explanation for that may be Hibs didn't want Scotty as part of the McGinn deal as they wanted cash. Clearly that didn't work out as Celtic then took the hump with us when they didn't get McGinn and we lost out on a player we badly needed.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Would be amazed if Hibs weren't trying to do a deal to tie him up in January. At the very least he should be signed on a pre-contract for next season.

It looks like Hibs screwed up in not signing Scotty pre-season. Lennon always said that any deal for him would be to the end of the transfer window. One explanation for that may be Hibs didn't want Scotty as part of the McGinn deal as they wanted cash. Clearly that didn't work out as Celtic then took the hump with us when they didn't get McGinn and we lost out on a player we badly needed.

Why do you say Hibs screwed up?

If Celtc wouldn’t do a good deal with us then what can you do but walk away?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Neil Lennon suggested at the AGM that he never thought the Allan deal was going to conclude although he didn’t specify why.
    If he doesn’t sound hopeful then neither am I.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone, with some knowledge of Celtic matches at various levels, know what Scott Allan, whose name seems to have been obliterated from their squads, has actually been doing footballwise for the last five months?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Some total slavers, eh? Scott Allan in Hibs midfield before = performances & results, proven! Slavers reckon they know better? Gies peace.
    Loving the randomness of this.

No one out of fifty odd posts has actually said he’s not good enough. One person commented that he ‘s not ( match) fit enough to improve the team- indirectly referring to the anti-MacLaren comments, and one poster said he wouldn’t fit into a 442 formation, again an indirect reference to a debate about the merits of various formations on another thread ( albeit a fairly reasonable observation).

Fwiw, I would like to see Allan back, even if it does mean juggling formation to accomodate him. Sadly
    that ship sailed at the last transfer window. I doubt that he ‘ll be back here in January.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Maybes aye maybes naw!

My heart says aye

My head says that ship has sailed

Agree, missed our chance in the summer for whatever reason.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Neil Lennon suggested at the AGM that he never thought the Allan deal was going to conclude although he didn’t specify why.
    If he doesn’t sound hopeful then neither am I.
    He said at the agm that things were difficult with celtic after sjm deal fell through.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    He said at the agm that things were difficult with celtic after sjm deal fell through.
    He did.

It implied (to me at least) that Hibs hadn't 'pulled the deal' as has been suggested.
    I'd be delighted to see Scott Allan back at Hibs, and it's not an impossible scenario.

But it's unlikely I'd say.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

Oh come on. Are you seriously arguing that we should have rolled over and let Celtic screw us over so we could get Allan.

Anyway in the end McGinn could have gone to Celtic but chose Villa instead. Celtic were the ones who prolonged negotiations trying to minimise their outgoings on the deal. I think they would still have done this if Allan had been part of the deal.

i’m sure they are annoyed with us but really it says more about them than us. Always the victim.

How anyone at Celtic from the fans to the boardroom can blame anyone but themselves for missing out on McGinn is staggering. Always the victims indeed.

They had/have plenty cash - just sold Armstrong for 7 odd million to boot. All they had to do was pay the very reasonable bargain asking price. They wanted to buy, Hibs wanted to sell, the player wanted to go, they had the money. How can you ****** that scenario up...

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    How anyone at Celtic from the fans to the boardroom can blame anyone but themselves for missing out on McGinn is staggering. Always the victims indeed.

They had/have plenty cash - just sold Armstrong for 7 odd million to boot. All they had to do was pay the very reasonable bargain asking price. They wanted to buy, Hibs wanted to sell, the player wanted to go, they had the money. How can you ****** that scenario up...
    The one i hear from them now is "he wouldn't have got a game anyway". McGinn would have lit up Parkhead better than their tacky disco lights. They know it as well.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Oh come on. Are you seriously arguing that we should have rolled over and let Celtic screw us over so we could get Allan.

Anyway in the end McGinn could have gone to Celtic but chose Villa instead. Celtic were the ones who prolonged negotiations trying to minimise their outgoings on the deal. I think they would still have done this if Allan had been part of the deal.

i’m sure they are annoyed with us but really it says more about them than us. Always the victim.
    Of course we shouldn't have rolled over. The point I'm making is that Scott Allan should have been a priority signing for us in the close season. We can all speculate on why it didn't happen, but from the quotes I've read from Lennon ('one for the end of the transfer window', etc), it looks like Hibs didn't see Allan as a top priority, which I can't understand. If we knew we were losing 2 top players in McGinn and McGeouch we should have been breaking down walls to get Scott in. Maybe we did that and failed, but it doesn't sound like it.

Based on performances so far from Hibs this season, it looks to me that we are badly missing Scott's creativity in midfield.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Of course we shouldn't have rolled over. The point I'm making is that Scott Allan should have been a priority signing for us in the close season. We can all speculate on why it didn't happen, but from the quotes I've read from Lennon ('one for the end of the transfer window', etc), it looks like Hibs didn't see Allan as a top priority, which I can't understand. If we knew we were losing 2 top players in McGinn and McGeouch we should have been breaking down walls to get Scott in. Maybe we did that and failed, but it doesn't sound like it.

Based on performances so far from Hibs this season, it looks to me that we are badly missing Scott's creativity in midfield.
    Scott Allan was a priority signing for us. Everyone involved in Scottish football knew we wanted him, and that he wanted to come. However, his return was always going to be tied to the McGinn transfer. Celtc have a hell of a lot more money than us, and can afford to hold onto him out of sheer spite. How thick are these walls we should have been breaking down? If they don't want to sell, there's not a lot you can do about it. We are not actually in a position to make them an offer they can't refuse

sign him on a pre contract in early January and hell sign towards the end of the transfer window