hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking as a middle aged man, the standard of moaning is poorer than it used to be.
    I agree. Used to be a much higher calibre of moan on here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't know if it's faux outrage or what but seems OTT. Lost two in a row and it isn't good but we've lost 2 goals in those 2 defeats. It's not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I agree. Used to be a much higher calibre of moan on here.
    I think a lot of the middle aged moaners have reached that sarcastic, unfunny 50 something phase and are at the end of their career. Where are the 'youngsters' coming through to replace these guys? Not good enough from the recruitment team imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think a lot of the middle aged moaners have reached that sarcastic, unfunny 50 something phase and are at the end of their career. Where are the 'youngsters' coming through to replace these guys? Not good enough from the recruitment team imo.
    I’ve been doing my best...

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    I don't know if it's faux outrage or what but seems OTT. Lost two in a row and it isn't good but we've lost 2 goals in those 2 defeats. It's not the end of the world.
    We've lost three out of four. Failing to score against a depleted Hearts side who are in a bit of a slump themselves and not troubling the one side, St. Johnstone, who we might actually have hoped to take points off.

I can understand if people feel that the reaction are knee-jerk or ott. At least look at the full picture though instead of dismissing it as last night's loss or the last two games.

People are letting the fact we were good last season cloud the fact that we are not up to much this one.

The excuses? Windy in Aberdeen? That affects both teams. Injuries? Aye - us and everyone else. Maybe those with a negative outlook would be appeased if the happy clapper's heads weren't so firmly in the sand?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    I've mentioned that once pal, in a thread from weeks back when I was being taken to task 're the "context" of comments, so thought it was appropriate at the time.

I think I said on the same thread that it doesn't really bother me if folk disagree with my views though, it is a "forum" for a wide range of opinions on all things Hibs, after all.

You seem to have the hump though that people are reacting/commenting on what you've posted - or are you just irked that your "look at me" post hasn't met with the widespread approval and appreciation of your acid wit that you were looking for?
    So your Pseud’s Corner jibe ok, mine on your English Degree not ok. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    So your Pseud’s Corner jibe ok, mine on your English Degree not ok. Got it.
    I wasn't going to come back and just leave you with your heid in the soup, but did you miss anybody in your original post/rant/howl at the moon jibe-a-thon?

Gamer IDs

I know I have. Thinking of treading the well-worn path of mutually consented and then a free transfer to a Dunfermline forum where 50 something pish is the standard fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    I wasn't going to come back and just leave you with your heid in the soup, but did you miss anybody in your original post/rant/howl at the moon jibe-a-thon?
    I think the point is that initially you picked on the way he posted rather than what he said that caused the issue mate. I tend to make long posts in order to hammer home my points and its not that unusual to have folk pick on the length of them rather than argue for or against their content. My take on that is, if you are too lazy or too stupid to read posts that consist of more than two sentences that's your problem, not mine

@hibs.net private member
    I know I have. Thinking of treading the well-worn path of mutually consented and then a free transfer to a Dunfermline forum where 50 something pish is the standard fare.
    Hey less of the ageism!!!!!!

If these pesky youngsters are allowed to post crap so are us more mature posters.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Hey less of the ageism!!!!!!

If these pesky youngsters are allowed to post crap so are us more mature posters.
    Indeed

What those whippersnappers don't understand is that it takes a wealth of accumulated knowledge and life experience to be able to post nonsense of real quality … some of these KIDS !!! think they are posting crap, but mostly their attempts lack the real depth of middle age or senior citizen drivel

There are more important things in life, sure, but if folk are hacked off they should get it off their chests - the whole thing about bottling stuff up not being good for you?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    And you cant really beat having a good moan about the moaners

There will be better days than last night fellas.

We are Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    I hesitated posting this but my concerns lie deeper than a string of poor results.

Events at Tynecastle seem to have focused a lot of unwanted attention to the team and Neil in particular. IMO the St Johnston game was an opportunity

to get back on track and we blew it. I don't understand the chopping and changing of the line ups. First half at Pittodrie poor second half so positive.

Why? It seems bewildering to me. How many times do we read posts screaming for Neil to make a sub too late in the game.

In my view I think Neil needs to be more positive in his outlook. Take the game to the opposition in the first half rather than fire fight in the second.

That is the way Hibs play, is it not?

The next three or four games will be defining for the whole season.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Ageism at it worst

That's why I've always lied about my age on here. You don't have to be old to be a boring self important pedantic erse

Especially when Hibs lose, the pies are crap, the seagulls are at it again, the tannoys aren't working, lennon didn't pick the team I recommended, our club hasn't issued a statement, our coaching team only sign injured players etc etc.

Right I'm off to the pub.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Ageism at it worst

That's why I've always lied about my age on here. You don't have to be old to be a boring self important pedantic erse

Especially when Hibs lose, the pies are crap, the seagulls are at it again, the tannoys aren't working, lennon didn't pick the team I recommended, our club hasn't issued a statement, our coaching team only sign injured players etc etc.

Classic line

Not as good as "Right Im off to the pub" line mind you.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Ageism at it worst

Our lack of statements are the worst. Every time we have an opportunity to consolidate our position as a top four statement maker we just resort to effective use of twitter, tv interviews and sullen silence. Why have a club PC and printer with digital scanner/fax function and not use it? And when Lennon does make a statement he picks adjectives and nouns that don’t suit the statement system we play. Why did he sign such poor additions to our vocabulary in the Summer? And don’t get me started on Mclaren, I don’t think he used a single metaphor the whole 90 minutes last night.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Our lack of statements are the worst. Every time we have an opportunity to consolidate our position as a top four statement maker we just resort to effective use of twitter, tv interviews and sullen silence. Why have a club PC and printer with digital scanner/fax function and not use it? And when Lennon does make a statement he picks adjectives and nouns that don’t suit the statement system we play. Why did he sign such poor additions to our vocabulary in the Summer? And don’t get me started on Mclaren, I don’t think he used a single metaphor the whole 90 minutes last night.
    Worst of all my local doesn't have WiFi. I blame Hibs, and the Middle aged landlord.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    We've had our 1 good season. Now back to same old Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    We've had our 1 good season. Now back to same old Hibs.
    Oh. I thought we’d had two good seasons in a row and that this one wasn’t even a third gone yet...

Oh. I thought we’d had two good seasons in a row and that this one wasn’t even a third gone yet...
    Depends whether or not Hibs winning the second tier of Scottish football is deemed a good season or not. Personally for me it's not.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Depends whether or not Hibs winning the second tier of Scottish football is deemed a good season or not. Personally for me it's not.

Is it ****!

It was the best we could achieve at that time though and we did what needed to be done comfortably. As far as I'm concerned meeting our key objective is a good season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The season prior to the seasons to which you refer had it's moments too.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Ageist comments, Deary me.

Gamer IDs

What would have made it a good season then?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Ageist comments, Deary me.
    Time to invest in a hibs.net academy?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The season prior to the seasons to which you refer had it's moments too.
    Indeed, I consider the last 3 seasons probably the best I've had following Hibs.

It was the best we could achieve at that time though and we did what needed to be done comfortably. As far as I'm concerned meeting our key objective is a good season.
    We done what we had to do when Hearts and Rangers had already departed the league.

We won a league against sides that we should expect to beat every week. I'd say we done what we had to do however for me it's not a good season by the standards Hibs should be setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Leithwalk View Post
    Time to invest in a hibs.net academy?
    Aye? … good luck with that mate.

When I was a kid we were out on the streets or in the park until the street lights came on learning how to moan gripe and complain through practical life experience. Now the kids are all on X BOX complain or the Wii gripe … they have no practical real life experience of this sort of thing any more