hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Avoid Hibs.net if Hibs lose

It's the best advice available.

I've glanced at the threads tonight and they are all full of knee-jerk gibberish. Having lived through genuinely ***** Hibs times, I refuse to wallow in this pish in (relatively) good times.

Good night, Hibs.net. See you in a week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Message boards are all the same. The world will still be turning tomorrow morning when we wake up, but its the modern way to vent ones spleen across social media when your team has a bad night, especially if it was shortly after one or two other bad nights and then add to the mix these boards are invariably inhabited by middle aged men who have a natural propensity to moan about virtually anything and you have a read like tonights.

Pretty much spot on.also when we do get beat. Folk that don't normally post that would like to say what they think get the Ltyf treatment...

I get the sentiment and the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I've glanced at the threads tonight and they are all full of knee-jerk gibberish. Having lived through genuinely ***** Hibs times, I refuse to wallow in this pish in (relatively) good times.

Says the guy who "did not avoid Hibs.Net after a defeat"

That's exactly what I did, well, for 8 hours anyway. The title of posts on here are really knee jerk and pathetic.
    Last night could have gone anyway under those conditions but in the end we lose by a slack pass.
    No need to trash any Hibs player, from what I seen, they all played as well as conditions allowed.
    Get over it, I'm looking forward to the next game.
    GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Go to any football forum for a read when their team has lost a match, especially when it’s during a relatively lean spell, and you’ll find threads and posts like the ones that appear to upset the emotionally well balanced, take it on the chin happy clappers. That’s football forums for you.

Left by mutual consent!
    1 point out 12, what do people expect?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    1 point out 12, what do people expect?
    Yeah but apart from the terrible result against St J, these were away to Hearts (with 10 men), Celtic and Aberdeen. Hopefully we start to pick up some points and confidence from now on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Yeah but apart from the terrible result against St J, these were away to Hearts (with 10 men), Celtic and Aberdeen. Hopefully we start to pick up some points and confidence from now on.
    It’s not the losses it’s the manner for me. All performances bar 30 at Celtic have been dreadful and our squad exposed.

Hopefully tho 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Its the performances that worry me

How many times will we hear that Aberdeen, Hearts and St.Johnstone are ***** and play hoofball? We are guilty of exactly the same thing and cannot beat these teams

Its excuse after excuse

We will beat the cannon fodder but there is no way Hibs will be playing european football next year

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Its the performances that worry me

How many times will we hear that Aberdeen, Hearts and St.Johnstone are ***** and play hoofball? We are guilty of exactly the same thing and cannot beat these teams

Its excuse after excuse

We will beat the cannon fodder but there is no way Hibs will be playing european football next year
    Pretty much how I see it. We look like a team made for taking points off the bottom 6 most of the time. When it comes to playing the big boys we aren’t turning up.

We've got posters on here trying to justify a defeat from St Johnstone, a team that's followed by three men and a dug.

Don't complain though, it's the Hibs.net way.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Surely you have to take the good with the bad? I would be very surprised if Hibs.net is the only fan's website that goes into extremes after a string of iffy results. IMO stoney silence if no one cared would be worse.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Oh I don’t know, times like last night and this morning on here can serve a useful purpose. Everyone generally outs themselves.

Most obviously it allows the core groups of miserablists and fellow travellers to step into plain view; the utterly incontinent Bed Wetters, the pished, those who clearly know eff all about football, those with a patently obvious anti-Petrie axe to grind in thread after thread, the specific player haters, the folk who’s week or month has been too grim to be able to cope with a defeat, the irrationally demanding, the trolls and the stirrers, the nouveau YamFuds, the deep sleeper YamFuds, the poseur contrarians, the anti-Lennonists, the Dempster haters and assorted ‘you can’t handle the truth’ posters who seem to be as happy mixing it in the face of all reason about Hibs as they are about anything else. I always wonder what it’s like in these people’s families when someone loses their keys, or orders them the wrong kind of coffee or forgets to record their tv show for them.

In amongst that carnival of Hibernian based Masochism and Sado-Masochism there are a relatively limited number of constructively critical posters who post thoughtfully on what’s going right and what’s going wrong - more or less objectively- without it being the end of all humanity as we know it. (Not me, I’m a happy clapper.) Those are worth reading, they’re usually quite insightful.

Still, it is generally like wading through a tsunami of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Oh I don’t know, times like last night and this morning on here can serve a useful purpose. Everyone generally outs themselves.

Most obviously it allows the core groups of miserablists and fellow travellers to step into plain view; the utterly incontinent Bed Wetters, the pished, those who clearly know eff all about football, those with a patently obvious anti-Petrie axe to grind in thread after thread, the specific player haters, the folk who’s week or month has been too grim to be able to cope with a defeat, the irrationally demanding, the trolls and the stirrers, the nouveau YamFuds, the deep sleeper YamFuds, the poseur contrarians, the anti-Lennonists, the Dempster haters and assorted ‘you can’t handle the truth’ posters who seem to be as happy mixing it in the face of all reason about Hibs as they are about anything else. I always wonder what it’s like in these people’s families when someone loses their keys, or orders them the wrong kind of coffee or forgets to record their tv show for them.

In amongst that carnival of Hibernian based Masochism and Sado-Masochism there are a relatively limited number of constructively critical posters who post thoughtfully on what’s going right and what’s going wrong - more or less objectively- without it being the end of all humanity as we know it. (Not me, I’m a happy clapper.) Those are worth reading, they’re usually quite insightful.

Still, it is generally like wading through a tsunami of ****.
    Yup...Would you include your own missives in that as well?

Nice effort, though - you should submit that to "Pseud's corner" in Private Eye.

People need to blow off steam. Nothing wrong with that.
    A soldier's right to moan.....

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Ffs, ANOTHER negative thread after a defeat!! I’m going to start giving this place a miss after defeats from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    People need to blow off steam. Nothing wrong with that.
    A soldier's right to moan.....
    I think that's about it. Almost everyone loves a moan when their team loses. Trying to compare it to everyday trivialities is a bit daft as the whole emotional investment in 22 men booting a piece of leather about is irrational.

It's always been like this. The football forum, Facebook etc have just been added to the pub, car, train etc as places people vent after a defeat. The difference is online it's harder for someone to tell the guy who takes it too far to shut up because he's boring everyone. In an physical social setting the conversation moves on, online the same ground gets covered again and again.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think that's about it. Almost everyone loves a moan when their team loses. Trying to compare it to everyday trivialities is a bit daft as the whole emotional investment in 22 men booting a piece of leather about is irrational.

It's always been like this. The football forum, Facebook etc have just been added to the pub, car, train etc as places people vent after a defeat. The difference is online it's harder for someone to tell the guy who takes it too far to shut up because he's boring everyone. In an physical social setting the conversation moves on, online the same ground gets covered again and again.
    The same stuff gets covered time and time again? I'd never noticed!

What I like about this site when we lose is that I get to stop worrying about some posters that we've not seen for ages when things have been good.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    Yup...Would you include your own missives in that as well?

Nice effort, though - you should submit that to "Pseud's corner" in Private Eye.
    You should have seen the first version, but there’s still enough in there for anyone who wants to see themselves...

I don’t read Private Eye, I find Ian Hislop a complete tool.

If there's a longer version of what you posted, then thanks for editing it...

I kind of lost track at "nouveau yam fuds" and "poseur contrarians" though...is that some kind of avant-garde political protest party?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post

Posting a thread on Hibs.net to say avoid hibs.net. Fantastic.

Gamer IDs

If there's a longer version of what you posted, then thanks for editing it...

I kind of lost track at "nouveau yam fuds" and "poseur contrarians" though...is that some kind of avant-garde political protest party?

Not longer, just one including geographical locations.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Posting a thread on Hibs.net to say avoid hibs.net. Fantastic.
    I know right, like putting road signs next to roads. Crazy stuff.

Not longer, just one including geographical locations.
    That might have been mildly more interesting then. Any chance of putting the original one up, and then we can compare the two of them?

For once I think the international break is a welcome one!

Gamer IDs

That might have been mildly more interesting then. Any chance of putting the original one up, and then we can compare the two of them?
    For something so uninteresting you seem to be posting about it regularly enough. Speaking of Pseud’s Corner, isn’t it at about this point in a thread you start mentioning your English degree?

For something so uninteresting you seem to be posting about it regularly enough. Speaking of Pseud’s Corner, isn’t it at about this point in a thread you start mentioning your English degree?
    I've mentioned that once pal, in a thread from weeks back when I was being taken to task 're the "context" of comments, so thought it was appropriate at the time.

I think I said on the same thread that it doesn't really bother me if folk disagree with my views though, it is a "forum" for a wide range of opinions on all things Hibs, after all.

You seem to have the hump though that people are reacting/commenting on what you've posted - or are you just irked that your "look at me" post hasn't met with the widespread approval and appreciation of your acid wit that you were looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Message boards are all the same. The world will still be turning tomorrow morning when we wake up, but its the modern way to vent ones spleen across social media when your team has a bad night, especially if it was shortly after one or two other bad nights and then add to the mix these boards are invariably inhabited by middle aged men who have a natural propensity to moan about virtually anything and you have a read like tonights.
    Speaking as a middle aged man, the standard of moaning is poorer than it used to be.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.