hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strikers need service and people to create chances for them. Right now are doing very little of that. Again look at his movement when Flo’ went greedy. He’s a fox in the box that is there at the right moment and time not Zlatan. His movement was decent on Friday but there’s not much more he can do to pull defenders out positions if the tactic is to punt to Kamberi ASAP. Again, he’s not a hold up target man it’s not his game. We knew his game when we brought him back. It’s the tactics and the bravery of our midfielders that is wrong not a penalty box striker.
    When you’re struggling a bit, as we are just now, you need everyone to be at it. You can’t carry a player because he might score if you get the ball to him in the right area. We need players to go and make something happen. And you could criticise most of them for not doing that last night.

The midfield obviously need to do more but I’m not having that he was making all these great runs and they just weren’t finding him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    When you’re struggling a bit, as we are just now, you need everyone to be at it. You can’t carry a player because he might score if you get the ball to him in the right area. We need players to go and make something happen. And you could criticise most of them for not doing that last night.

The midfield obviously need to do more but I’m not having that he was making all these great runs and they just weren’t finding him.
    That could be a like for like comment on Jason Cummings under Terry Butcher. We seen what happened when chances started being created for him the following season. I do get what you’re saying by the way I just wouldn’t blame the forwards at all.

That could be a like for like comment on Jason Cummings under Terry Butcher. We seen what happened when chances started being created for him the following season. I do get what you’re saying by the way I just wouldn’t blame the forwards at all.
    Not sure about the Cummings comparison. He could create for himself at times, bang one in from a free kick etc.

I also know where you’re coming from on MacLaren in that we know what he is. We know he needs service but I do think he has to develop his own game. The modern game doesn’t let you play with someone who is just a poacher IMO.

Not sure about the Cummings comparison. He could create for himself at times, bang one in from a free kick etc.

I also know where you’re coming from on MacLaren in that we know what he is. We know he needs service but I do think he has to develop his own game. The modern game doesn’t let you play with someone who is just a poacher IMO.
    I remember cummings having a bad time scoring for us as well bud,all strikers have that maccas just getting going after injury,lets see where hes at in may,but we are all agreed strikers and midfield need to do more.but I canny wait for the january window as we are looking mid table contenders,and I predict december will be a hard slog result wise for us.but even january is gonny b hard losing the aussie trio,so im no very optimistic for our season the now.

First Team Breakthrough
    You have to love Hibs.net, the minute you say something slightly opinionated the usual 🛎end’s call you out for being a roaster. It’s called a forum for a reason and I stand by my thoughts that I think Jamie mac is sub standard, offers very little and scored few goals that made me sit up and think he justified the circus that followed him pre season. We need to turn this around but for me Jamie mac is not the answer

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I agree . Gash, again. Striker in January please.
    You better be careful, you’ll either be called a roaster, troll, yam lover or a fud. Some people can’t handle you having a different opinion

I havent read any of this thread. What I will say is that Maclaren is your is your fox in the box type striker and is more than good enough. Once him and Flo get a run of games, I'm sure they'll come good .

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270 View Post
    You have to love Hibs.net, the minute you say something slightly opinionated the usual ��end’s call you out for being a roaster. It’s called a forum for a reason and I stand by my thoughts that I think Jamie mac is sub standard, offers very little and scored few goals that made me sit up and think he justified the circus that followed him pre season. We need to turn this around but for me Jamie mac is not the answer
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion mate. And yes, it is a forum, but I think singling out a player for criticism as you have done in a thread title is pretty shabby. Do you think Hibs players don't read this messgeboard? When they do, how do you think they feel? What will it do for their confidence?

I'm talking about any player here, whether they have been a good performer or not for Hibs.

On Jamie Mc, I would say you are totally wrong in your assessment. He's been struggling for fitness since he returned to the team but showed his worth last season. Jamie will come good and is a very good player IMO.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270;5602256 [B
    You better be careful, you’ll either be called a roaster, troll, yam lover or a fud. Some people can’t handle you having a different opinion
    [/B]

Oh I've been called all of the above many times before on here so I'm well used to it now. If you take the green tinted specs off on here and say it how you see it you're Friar Tucked.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    [/B]

Oh I've been called all of the above many times before on here so I'm well used to it now. If you take the green tinted specs off on here and say it how you see it you're Friar Tucked.
    Not sure if you’re allowed to take those glasses off though? The regular posters won’t be happy

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion mate. And yes, it is a forum, but I think singling out a player for criticism as you have done in a thread title is pretty shabby. Do you think Hibs players don't read this messgeboard? When they do, how do you think they feel? What will it do for their confidence?

I'm talking about any player here, whether they have been a good performer or not for Hibs.

On Jamie Mc, I would say you are totally wrong in your assessment. He's been struggling for fitness since he returned to the team but showed his worth last season. Jamie will come good and is a very good player IMO.
    Top post. Agree with every word.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270 View Post
    Not sure if you’re allowed to take those glasses off though? The regular posters won’t be happy
    Who pissed on your chips?

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post

Not quite sure I agree with that mate. I imagine that the first advice that any young player gets in these social media days is to ignore the, errrr "wisdom" of the posters. I'm sure the advice goes along the lines of "ignore them, they learned everything they know from FIFA video games and talk absolute s***e........"

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    If that was him causing them problems then I wouldn’t like to see him have a quiet game! They just brushed him aside any time he went near them.

As much as I’m not his biggest fan, I do think we need to give him and Flo the next 3 or 4 games together to see if they can recapture last seasons form.
    Agree to a certain extent Jamie Mac badly needs games to get up to speed and a few goals hopefully against Dundee to get back in the groove.
    Flo on the other hand is like my Mrs he badly needs a knee op sooner rather than later things going Pete Tong new striker required in the window

Anyway as I was saying before I was interrupted anyone who has played football at any level will tell you that players like Jamie MacLaren are worth their weight in gold.
    He is always making decent runs into the box and always anticipating defenders making errors he also creates space for others.
    Just now players are not picking up his runs they are either being greedy or perhaps we need a Scott Allan type or someone with the guile and on the same wavelength to pick him out and unlock defences.
    I remember when he first played for us last season it took a while for our midfielders to appreciate his runs and see what he was trying to do.
    We no longer have that midfield and the “Jamie MAC is gash” boys are out in force.
    When I played football the Jamie MAC type players would score thirty five goals a season and the accusation was often “all he does is score goals.”
    Last season Jamie MAC started 11 games came on 4 times as a sub and scored 8 goals
    He will continue making his blindside runs for us pulling defences all over the place causing panic in opposition defences all he needs is some service.
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 11-11-2018 at 11:01 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    This is the same guy that scored a hat trick agains Rangers last season, plus one against Celtic and one against Hearts, scored against Aberdeen this season before getting injured. Just checking as the lack of patience and understanding is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This is the same guy that scored a hat trick agains Rangers last season, plus one against Celtic and one against Hearts, scored against Aberdeen this season before getting injured. Just checking as the lack of patience and understanding is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Aye, funny how opinions change huh.

JM has struggled with injury, with match fitness I'm sure him and Kamberi will forge a strong partnership again
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    You’ve always been spot on about him tbf.

Hopeless first touch, has the strength of a 5 year old girl and is as slow as a week in the jail. Never a footballer.

There is absolutely no danger whatsoever he will be here next season.
    The weak as a 5 year old and slow as a week in the jail might well be aligned to Mallan and Hyndman ...but Mallan gets away with it cos he has scored a few goals, can hit a ball and takes a decent freekick ..other than that he is a liability as a midfielder, Hyndman same flaws and no goal.threat and we wonder why we struggle to get a foothold in games. Lets not forget those 2, Boyle and Horgan are supposed to be the main creators McLaren and Kamberi ...
    I am one.to have a go when.its not good and just now really isnt good, but lets not lay the blame at any one lersons door !!

Coaching Staff
    Once again it seems there is relatively little ‘middle ground’ on Hibsnet....one can be a ‘superstar’ one week, only to tumble the next to being described as ‘gash’ or similar.

I got pelters a few weeks ago when I suggested that Jamie was not a ‘superstar’ but instead, a decent striker.

He is NOT a target man, does not win a majority of high balls, and yes, is not the strongest player on the park.

He IS though, as many have stated, a ‘fox in the box’ who can get into space away from defenders before they realise it.

Jamie has just returned from injury and I have no doubt that he and Flo WILL combine to score a few goals as the season progresses.

We can’t expect him to hit a hat trick on his first game back, and I think the expectations placed on him and criticisms offered are a bit unreasonable, given he has just returned from a few weeks out.

Goals will come, and I look forward to reading all the ‘superstar’ comments.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    He's great when he's got his scoring boots on, frustrating when he doesn't as he doesn't bring a great deal else.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    He is a total fox in the box, but that needs the ball in to feet. Supply from our midfield is non-existent. Jamie isn't the problem.
    Dear oh dear. A sensible post identifying the real problem. This will never catch on

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Aye, funny how opinions change huh.

JM has struggled with injury, with match fitness I'm sure him and Kamberi will forge a strong partnership again
    Is he away with Oz the next two weeks? Hopefully we can work on the front 2/midfield and be ready for Dundee.

Coaching Staff
    Is he away with Oz the next two weeks? Hopefully we can work on the front 2/midfield and be ready for Dundee.
    Yep, him, Milligan and Boyle, will all be in Australia.

I’m worried that once Boyle gets a taste of November sunshine...he might no want to go home....

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    The weak as a 5 year old and slow as a week in the jail might well be aligned to Mallan and Hyndman ...but Mallan gets away with it cos he has scored a few goals, can hit a ball and takes a decent freekick ..other than that he is a liability as a midfielder, Hyndman same flaws and no goal.threat and we wonder why we struggle to get a foothold in games. Lets not forget those 2, Boyle and Horgan are supposed to be the main creators McLaren and Kamberi ...
    I am one.to have a go when.its not good and just now really isnt good, but lets not lay the blame at any one lersons door !!
    I’d agree on Hyndman but not on Mallan.

I’m not blaming MacLaren for anything. I just think he’s ***** and my view of him has been formed watching him attempt to play football over a year and hasn’t been clouded by him scoring a few tap ins.

I’d agree on Hyndman but not on Mallan.

I’m not blaming MacLaren for anything. I just think he’s ***** and my view of him has been formed watching him attempt to play football over a year and hasn’t been clouded by him scoring a few tap ins.
    I like McLaren and think he's an excellent player.

My opinion is formed from having watched Hibs for more than 25 years flash cross after cross across the box without someone getting on the end of it and us struggling (to the point that we have twice been relegated) to score enough goals.

McLaren arrived on loan in January and for the following few months was part of a team that was as good as I've seen. The midfield tend to get the plaudits, but the fact that we had a nimble striker pulling defences about and getting on the end of chances made the job of that talented midfield much easier.

He's clearly an acquired taste and he'll have weeks when he's not at the races but I really like him.

We need him match fit and playing up front with Flo every week. When we start managing to do that, we might start to get a bit more from our midfielders. We're well into November and we've barely seen him paired with his best partner so far.

McLaren will get goals for us.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I think MacLaren is the best goal poacher I’ve seen at Hibs for many a year. He’s scored in big games and we’ve really missed him this season. He’s been out with a long term injury and as a result we’ve suffered in games we’ve dominated but lacked a finish in. He’s clearly needing to find some match sharpness but I predict he’ll score a fair few over the course of the season.

Hibs will rise up the table and MacLaren will contribute significantly to that. His goals per game record is very good at ER and whilst he isn’t the best all round player, he does what every team needs and that’s put the ball in the net. Tap in, lol, I’ll take them every time. Clearly his positional awareness is so good that he doesn’t need to do the spectacular, he just gets himself into the right positions. Tha is a massive skill in itself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I like McLaren and think he's an excellent player.

My opinion is formed from having watched Hibs for more than 25 years flash cross after cross across the box without someone getting on the end of it and us struggling (to the point that we have twice been relegated) to score enough goals.

McLaren arrived on loan in January and for the following few months was part of a team that was as good as I've seen. The midfield tend to get the plaudits, but the fact that we had a nimble striker pulling defences about and getting on the end of chances made the job of that talented midfield much easier.

He's clearly an acquired taste and he'll have weeks when he's not at the races but I really like him.

We need him match fit and playing up front with Flo every week. When we start managing to do that, we might start to get a bit more from our midfielders. We're well into November and we've barely seen him paired with his best partner so far.

McLaren will get goals for us.
    Absolutely. I see someone who has a dreadful first touch, is slow, weak, can’t hold the ball up, can’t beat a man and several other frailties. I also see a guy who’s good at finding space in the box for a tap in.

I get that people see a value in poachers and they think it’s worth having a 1 in 2 type. The problem with these types is that that’s 20 games a season where you are effectively playing with 10 men and also they only can play in a front 2 which limits the flexibility of the formations you can play.

This is why players of his ilk died out years ago.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Absolutely. I see someone who has a dreadful first touch, is slow, weak, can’t hold the ball up, can’t beat a man and several other frailties. I also see a guy who’s good at finding space in the box for a tap in.

I get that people see a value in poachers and they think it’s worth having a 1 in 2 type. The problem with these types is that that’s 20 games a season where you are effectively playing with 10 men and also they only can play in a front 2 which limits the flexibility of the formations you can play.

This is why players of his ilk died out years ago.
    Utter pish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Utter pish.
    Aye ok pal😂