hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well according to the experts that’s about 8 players that are now hopeless.

A few games ago the same players were world beaters.
    I hate the way nobody gives any allowance for factors that might just impact on how well a player or the team plays.

Last night we had to change the starting 11 again, Maclaren and McGregor are still finding their match fitness, the weather was honking - both teams played poorly as a result, etc.

But ignore all of that and instead pick out players to slatr. Bravo.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I hate the way nobody gives any allowance for factors that might just impact on how well a player or the team plays.

Last night we had to change the starting 11 again, Maclaren and McGregor are still finding their match fitness, the weather was honking - both teams played poorly as a result, etc.

But ignore all of that and instead pick out players to slatr. Bravo.
    If MacLaren and McGregor aren’t match fit play someone that is. A lot of the changes we are making week on week are through choice as well.

There is probably a balance to be had between there being contributing factors to our poor form and us making excuses for it.

Over the last few weeks we’ve heard about the small pitch at Tynecastle. Injuries. And now the weather at Aberdeen.

At the moment I don’t think we’re dealing well enough with all these things that get thrown our way. Lennon admitted that he lost his focus last week and that he allowed the players to do so as well. Playing poorly will happen. However, there was something right with some players last night and they were lacking in effort. Particularly Boyle.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If MacLaren and McGregor aren’t match fit play someone that is. A lot of the changes we are making week on week are through choice as well.

There is probably a balance to be had between there being contributing factors to our poor form and us making excuses for it.

Over the last few weeks we’ve heard about the small pitch at Tynecastle. Injuries. And now the weather at Aberdeen.

At the moment I don’t think we’re dealing well enough with all these things that get thrown our way. Lennon admitted that he lost his focus last week and that he allowed the players to do so as well. Playing poorly will happen. However, there was something right with some players last night and they were lacking in effort. Particularly Boyle.
    We didn't have players that are match fit to replace them, and without giving them games how else are they going to get match fit?

You don't think the pitch at Tiny, where Hearts haven't lost in ages, or the weather last night, were factors?

Neither Hearts, Hibs, or Aberdeen played well on those games, and the games were very close affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We didn't have players that are match fit to replace them, and without giving them games how else are they going to get match fit?

You don't think the pitch at Tiny, where Hearts haven't lost in ages, or the weather last night, were factors?

Neither Hearts, Hibs, or Aberdeen played well on those games, and the games were very close affairs.
    It’s not that they aren’t factors. It’s that we aren’t handling these things well enough at the moment IMO.

We’ve hardly had a shot on target in three games and the players and Lennon, I hope, are looking at themselves instead of talking about the wind and pitch dimensions.

In regards to the match fitness part, I don’t think that affected McGregor whatsoever last night. That wasn’t what caused him to keep kicking the ball out the pitch. As for MacLaren, you’re right, we don’t really have anyone else which is down to our own recruitment. Lewis Allan touched the ball more in 5 minutes, and made more of a nuicence of himself, than MacLaren did in 85 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Too much dead wood in the squad for me now or players that aren’t going to challenge for first 11 jerseys.

laidlaw
    nelom
    marvais
    slivka
    lewis allan
    oli shaw
    horgan

i wouldn’t lose sleep over letting go now.
    Really don't understand how you, or anyone for that matter , can come out with this sort of statement 're Nelom or Marvas. We haven't seen them kick a ball for us yet now have we ?. Okay, some may say that if they aren't good enough to force their way into an underperforming team then they must be crap. However, both had not played for a long time and were/ are getting their fitness levels up to the require standard. Let's give them a chance and judge them after 3/4 games shall we. Jesus, this place goes nuts after a defeat, really need to calm down.
    Last edited by Franck Stanton; 10-11-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Really don't understand how you, or anyone for that matter , can come out with this sort of statement 're Nelom or Marvas. We haven't seen them kick a ball for us yet now have we ?. Okay, some may say that f they aren't good enough to force their way into an underperforming team then they must be cra. However, both had not played for a lo n time nd were/ are getting their fitness peekaboo the require standard. Let's give them a chance and judge them after 3/4 games shall we. Jesus, this place goes nuts after a defeat, really need to calm down.
    Stop bringing reason into it, it'll never catch on.

They're penny-pinched-useless-jersey-fillers that are a direct result of the board's lack of ambition and a product of a failed recruitment department.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Well according to the experts that’s about 8 players that are now hopeless.

A few games ago the same players were world beaters.
    None of the players that are being slated have been world beaters a few games ago other than possibly Boyle. Slivka who seems to be getting the brunt of it has generally never been favourable and people have said the same thing about Mallan all season - great goal threat but needs to offer more.

There’s players in our starting line up who shouldn’t even be squad players. Our recruitment in the summer wasn’t great.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 10-11-2018 at 12:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    None of the players that are being slated have been world beaters a few games ago other than possibly Boyle. Slivka who seems to be getting the brunt of it has generally never been favourable and people have said the same thing about Mallan all season - great goal threat but needs to offer more.

There’s players in our starting line up who shouldn’t even be squad players. Our recruitment in the summer wasn’t great.
    Who are these guys you refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Who are these guys you refer to?
    Slivka - Nowhere near good enough.
    Hyndman - nowhere near good enough.
    Shaw - not good enough (yet, he’s at least got time on his side although I’m not sure he’ll end up making it here)

They’ve made between 35 and 40 appearances between them this season. None of them should even be coming off the bench.

I realise only one of them came in in the summer but our summer recruitment should have seen the other two further down the pecking order or out the door whether that’s on loan or permanent. As it standsone of Slivka or Hyndman probably starts most week due to having no other options which is a poor position to find ourselves in.

Have avoided posting negatively for a while but seeing as the question has been asked. I don't understand the pundits who say that Martin Boyle is a huge player for us. If that's the case then I don't expect much from this season. I really don't see what he has that wins him accolades from those tv pundits. I might be the only one out of step on this and if so fairy nuff. Seems to me though that if I had a choice between Gary MacKay Stevens and Martin Boyle I'd go for the former, as has Scotland national team it seems. He wasn't the only one off last night. I thought our best player there abouts was Mark Milligan and not for the first time. I got the impression that Stevie Mallan was only on for set pieces because other than that he was barely in the match. Slyvka is one I'm disappointed with, I really thought that he'd be good for us. Still he has a bit physicality about him and that's something we need when you look a the height and physique of the team. There is no way I would slate Ryan Porteous, I don't understand why anyone would. Yes his slack pass and total lack of any attempt to win back the ball following his mistake led to their goal. However I truly believe he is a fan's player. He is still learning and is streets ahead of CBs of his age right across the country. We have to accept that he will make mistakes but it should be worth it in the long run as he develops in to a top mature CB. He's not that far away already surely. He lost us the goal sure but it's not his fault that we didn't score and Lewis didn't have a save to make.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    In years gone by, I cound name 8 -10 players not good enough to play for Hibs.

Nothing like that now, but we’ve now lost 2 on the trot, so my question is, who from the current team is not good enough to match our / Lennon’s ambitions?

I believe we should be competing for 3rd spot, where do we need to improve to achieve this???

Actually, the last four games are one 0-0 draw and three defeats, including losing at home to St Johnstone.

We've failed to score in the last three of those games.

We had been doing quite well but maybe other teams have now worked out how to stop us.

Slivka - Nowhere near good enough.
    Hyndman - nowhere near good enough.
    Shaw - not good enough (yet, he’s at least got time on his side although I’m not sure he’ll end up making it here)

They’ve made between 35 and 40 appearances between them this season. None of them should even be coming off the bench.

I realise only one of them came in in the summer but our summer recruitment should have seen the other two further down the pecking order or out the door whether that’s on loan or permanent. As it standsone of Slivka or Hyndman probably starts most week due to having no other options which is a poor position to find ourselves in.
    2 of them were good enough for 4th last season and Hyndman finished 3rd with rangers. Sure they're not just in poor form and you're being hysterical?

I also don't think you have any idea what nowhere near means.

Can I suggest our support isn't good enough and the hysterics on here are the most embarrassing thing recently?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Can I suggest our support isn't good enough and the hysterics on here are the most embarrassing thing recently?
    Nailed it! :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 of them were good enough for 4th last season and Hyndman finished 3rd with rangers. Sure they're not just in poor form and you're being hysterical?

I also don't think you have any idea what nowhere near means.
    Slivka contributed very little to 4th place last season. Neither did Shaw who never contributed much after Kamberi and Maclaren came in along with Allan and transformed us. The two of them and Allan contributed massively to fourth. If we’d plodded along with Shaw up top we wouldn’t have been 4th.

I don’t really care what Hyndman done with Rangers, what he’s done with us has been nowhere near good enough. Yup, I said it again, nowhere near, as in not even close. Look at that, I know exactly what it means and I stand by it. If you think Hyndman or Slivkas performances are good enough then I presume you’d be happy to accept bottom 6.

Coaching Staff

Slivka contributed very little to 4th place last season. Neither did Shaw who never contributed much after Kamberi and Maclaren came in along with Allan and transformed us. The two of them and Allan contributed massively to fourth. If we’d plodded along with Shaw up top we wouldn’t have been 4th.

I don’t really care what Hyndman done with Rangers, what he’s done with us has been nowhere near good enough. Yup, I said it again, nowhere near, as in not even close. Look at that, I know exactly what it means and I stand by it. If you think Hyndman or Slivkas performances are good enough then I presume you’d be happy to accept bottom 6.
    Slivka contributed 2 important winning goals against the bigot brothers and some good performances. Shaw contributed 4 goals, 3 equilizers and a winner. I think that's pretty good for guys in their first real seasons, not first choice. They made important contributions.

So unless you viciously slaughter individual players when the whole team is in poor form you are happy with bottom 6?

Just more hysterics and abuse to our players. I hoped relegation might get rid of people like this. Apparently not.

Slivka contributed 2 important winning goals against the bigot brothers and some good performances. Shaw contributed 4 goals, 3 equilizers and a winner. I think that's pretty good for guys in their first real seasons, not first choice. They made important contributions.

So unless you viciously slaughter individual players when the whole team is in poor form you are happy with bottom 6?

Just more hysterics and abuse to our players. I hoped relegation might get rid of people like this. Apparently not.
    Slivka contributed two goals and very few good performances. That’s nowhere near enough over the course of a season. Shaw contributed a bit, but nowhere near enough as much as Flo and Maclaren. Shaw has time on his side, but he’s not good enough for a top 6 team yet. If he’d been our main striker last season, or this, we’d definitely be bottom 6. Simon Murray wasn’t good enough but offered more than the two of them combined.

What’s vicious about what’s being said? Nobody has “viciously” slaughtered them. Plenty people have said they’re not good enough, it’s not a vicious slaughtering. Slivka and Hyndman especially have done nothing to dispel the idea they’re not good enough.

And I said if their performances are good enough then you’d be happy to accept bottom six. Not if you don’t viciously slaughter them. The two of them are bottom six standard players at best.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 10-11-2018 at 02:36 PM.