hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibs

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not the second half of last season, so we are going backwards. Obviously without SJM, Dylan and SA, but we are in a bad spot.
    Lennon is going to have to make some shrewd changes in january , like he had to last season. Im unconvinced about any of his summer signings , milligan being the exception.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's the fact we are second to nearly every ball against a pretty average Aberdeen side. Powder puff stuff from us for the most part and we look a real bottom six side now, it's going to be hard to get them back to winning ways but the manager has to take his share of the blame for what is going on.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Cool. Which game might we win?
    The next 3 hopefully

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Piss poor tonight
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Stevenson off

Mackie on
    Visionary bit of work by Lenny right there.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    Well thats it for a couple of weeks.. In spite of the dissapointment, I cant wait for the Late November/December fixture-fest..
    I absolutely hate the international break but we really need it. Just re-group and get the likes of Gray, Hanlon and Agyepong back

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Terrible game, terrible conditions. We'd all have taken a draw but thanks to a dreadful error and some really poor finishing we didn't. Just because a few players were way under par doesn't make it as bad as some make out.

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Stevenson was injured

He was injured, took a late knock, one of many fouls Muir missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Milligan Ambrose pass marks the rest the least said the better.
    Bogdan decent enough. Took some crosses pretty well for the conditions

Very fine margins.

We weren't great, but the goal came from the worst mistake and only bit of real quality in the game.

In spite of the awful conditions we still managed to create enough half chances.

We're just a bit too weak in all departments - the defence won't hold out for 90 minutes, we miss the chances we create and I felt we were beaten as soon as we lost the 1st goal.

I do think some of the reactions on here are over the top, but it is a poor sequence of results and I thought that was close to our best team out there.

David Gray is some player. We look like we're really missing him.

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Double kick the stanes had under 10 corners bet 92nd minute hibs get a corner done the dough happily forgive it for an equaliser😤 we know the rest

Totally toothless performance we are seriously lacking a midfield milligan must be wondering were his teammates are as he has be hee all night at hide n seek

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    He was injured, took a late knock, one of many fouls Muir missed.
    Muir? Thought Shinnie was the ref.....

Boyle a shadow of the player a month ago.

Maclaren contribution zero although service pitiful.

Slivka a total waste of a Jersey

Mallan, loves a wee clap to the fans when he goes for a corner but did nothing.

Porteous very poor but he is young so allowed a few of them.

Milligan only decent performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Terrible game, terrible conditions. We'd all have taken a draw but thanks to a dreadful error and some really poor finishing we didn't. Just because a few players were way under par doesn't make it as bad as some make out.
    Catch up. It’s a disaster, we’re crap, Lennon needs to be sacked, every player is crap and always have been (we should have a thread criticising each player in turn for a change).

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Lennon saying he's not disappointed with the performance and that we didn't deserve to lose the game.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    We need to score given the chances we had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After Aberdeen getting lucky last weekend and thinking our performance against St Johnstone would be our nadir, I really thought we'd do them tonight. Despite the effect of the wind, we were all over the place and never judged the weight of our passes. We continued to hoof the ball in the air when we were previously successful playing the ball on the ground. This inability to judge a pass was highlighted by Ryan's attempted pass to Lewie and as a result I'll give GMS the credit for a well taken goal.

Players don't become rubbish overnight but I don't understand why they can't do simple things competently at this level. I'm not going to pick out individual players as it would take me an hour to through their performances, but none got a pass mark from me as they were all (except the lads below) gash.

Two positives: the fantastic backing from the fans and young Mackie and Allan who came on near the end and can't accept any of the blame, but seemed momentarily to steady the ship.

Based on tonight's performance, we'd struggle to beat Dundee.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Catch up. It’s a disaster, we’re crap, Lennon needs to be sacked, every player is crap and always have been (we should have a thread criticising each player in turn for a change).
    Sorry boss. Will get back on track starting with Bogdan out, Rocky in

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Lennon saying he's not disappointed with the performance and that we didn't deserve to lose the game.

I take it that's his TV comments. He may shout and ball at the players but he has to take much of the blame for the hoofball they played.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think Stevenson took a sore one about a minute before that to be fair

Coaching Staff
    Terrible conditions and very poor game, lacking quality and composure. For me, Neil Lennon needs to step back and take a break from football for a few weeks and recover - I think recent events have really rattled him and it's showing and it's a distraction. His health comes first and I think we have a strong enough and well respected enough backroom team to take the reins for the next 4 games and let him recharge his batteries and focus. Body language of the players is poor and they look like they are feeling sorry for themselves - lacking real character at present. Events at Tynecastle I think have had an effect on things, no doubt about it. Neil said he wanted a reaction tonight and he got nothing first half - which itself is a worry given they have had a week to prepare physically and mentally.

We'll improve, absolutely no doubt about it - but players need to step up, and the club needs to step in and support Neil in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Lennon is going to have to make some shrewd changes in january , like he had to last season. Im unconvinced about any of his summer signings , milligan being the exception.
    He should have made them in the summer but all the fans that were concerned about the lack of signings given the biggest budget ever, McGinn money etc. we’re called bed wettest. Looking at our form, terrible midfield, lack of strikers and the shambolic defence, my bed is going to be very wet during our December fixtures. We are rotten all over the park, so disappointing and so Hibs. Any time in my lifetime when things start to look up, we sell our best players and do the worst job ever of trying to replace them.

Let’s hope the season ticket sales keep up next year as the biggest budget ever is not producing. The conditions tonight were rotten but we were awfull. So sad.

Friday night at Aberdeen was never going to be easy, even if we were in good form.

We have signed 10 players and yet tonight we had Porteous, Allan and Mackie playing. I would not blame any of these 3 players tonight.

What I do blame is our signing policy this year. Too many players have been signed late in the transfer window and another couple recently under freedom of contract. Hibs should not have put themselves in a position of trying to get new players ‘up to speed’ once the season has started. Almost all of them, apart from Milligan, who is a hugely experienced player, have failed so far or unfit to play.

Now we have an international break and 3 of our players, Boyle, Milligan and MacLaren have a 30,000 mile round trip to play for Australia. All 3 will also be missing for a few games in Jan/Feb due to the Asian Cup.

Lennon will have sanctioned all these signings, but after tomorrow we could be 8th in the league.

My points will probably not be the only negative remarks on this thread tonight but our league position just now is due to a foolish signing strategy.

I do hope Hibs pick up after the break but the signs do not look good.

It seems to me that when we are bad we look the most clueless team in the league, other teams can scrap and work their way back into a game but when was the last time you saw a Hibs side do that away from home, that's what gets me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by villahibs View Post
    Muir? Thought Shinnie was the ref.....
    So did I 😕 what a fouling moaning faced arse he is.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Terrible conditions and very poor game, lacking quality and composure. For me, Neil Lennon needs to step back and take a break from football for a few weeks and recover - I think recent events have really rattled him and it's showing and it's a distraction. His health comes first and I think we have a strong enough and well respected enough backroom team to take the reins for the next 4 games and let him recharge his batteries and focus. Body language of the players is poor and they look like they are feeling sorry for themselves - lacking real character at present. Events at Tynecastle I think have had an effect on things, no doubt about it. Neil said he wanted a reaction tonight and he got nothing first half - which itself is a worry given they have had a week to prepare physically and mentally.

We'll improve, absolutely no doubt about it - but players need to step up, and the club needs to step in and support Neil in the immediate future.
    Definitely agree in respect of the players body langauage. Did not look like a team busting a gut to get back into the game. Can only think this is because of the Lennon fallout.

@hibs.net private member
    The lack of goals is concerning as is no win in 4 but important to bear in mind 3 of those games were at parkhead, Tynecastle and Pittodrie. Not the easiest of places to go. Last week against at Johnstone was more of a concern and showed how much we miss Flo up front.

Poor finishing from him tonight to be fair but he’s our main threat. Been a bad run of form but mainly at notoriously tricky places to get results. Get this next international break (they seem constant this season) and hopefully kick on. A few wins going into our heavy December run can kick start the season

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Second half I think we’ve done ok.

First half was terrible.
    Opinions eh

I honestly think that team could play through the international break and still no score

Plenty teams have had 3/4 bad games this season ...

Celtic
    Aberdeen
    St Johnstone

Sure we don’t need to over react too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk