hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Romanov to stand trial

ago

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...manov-13530163

Sadly he’ll only get tried in his absence
    Last edited by Weegreenman; 04-11-2018 at 10:37 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Stay safe sweet prince (to coin a phrase from kickback, used even as the yams teetered on the brink of liquidation).

@hibs.net private member
    Does he still have plenty of money in Russia?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Huge fine, borrow the cash and then owe it to himself.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huge fine, borrow the cash and then owe it to himself.
    Beat me to it

He should probably just do a share issue or tell them he owns a bank so it's all good. Worked a treat in Scotland.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    ‘he owns a bank’ was absolute nonsense-he was the largest shareholder with about 40%.

I knew he didn’t have much personal wealth when I seen him leave riccarton in a 2 year old Volkswagen phaeton. The Bentley of the Volkswagen range that depreciated quicker than it accelerated. Nae multi millionaire gets chauffeured in a phaeton.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    ‘he owns a bank’ was absolute nonsense-he was the largest shareholder with about 40%.

I knew he didn’t have much personal wealth when I seen him leave riccarton in a 2 year old Volkswagen phaeton. The Bentley of the Volkswagen range that depreciated quicker than it accelerated. Nae multi millionaire gets chauffeured in a phaeton.
    He piloted a submarine through the Baltic, though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What he did and the millions he squandered on the Jambos are as nothing compared to the £185 Lady Haig Poppy Fund was stiffed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post

ago

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...manov-13530163

Sadly he’ll only get tried in his absence
    Will be confirmation 2 cup wins were funded by illegal means. Strip them of the wins or at the very least put an asterisk next to them with a note below "Funded by Fraud".

He'll probably get off on a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Will be confirmation 2 cup wins were funded by illegal means. Strip them of the wins or at the very least put an asterisk next to them with a note below "Funded by Fraud".

He'll probably get off on a technicality.
    Is it correct that wins funded by the proceeds of criminal activity are void? Seem to remember there was chat about this a while back.

Should be an interesting trial, the devil is in the detail and a clear account of how Hearts were funded during those years might educate a few Hearts fans, who are sure it was the big, bad global financial crisis what done it and that Vlad was a victim of circumstance.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    What he did and the millions he squandered on the Jambos are as nothing compared to the £185 Lady Haig Poppy Fund was stiffed for.
    On kickback they are saying he didn’t add to Hearts debt, which he inherited from Robinson
    I find that hard to believe

@hibs.net private member
    My uncle was a shareholder. He went to the AGM and voted to increase the debt to £40 million as they were going for the champions league.

Told me proudly a couple of weeks later about increasing the debt and champions league blah blah blah. I asked him why they were increasing Hearts debt instead of spending Romanov’s own money. I used the example of abramovich who used to write a cheque to cover chelsea’s losses and leave them debt free but I was told I was a jealous hobo 😂😂😂

Romanov stands for everything that is financially corrupt.

He "Gangstered" it over The Jambos and bought them tainted silverware.

Let's not ever forget how the maroon masses lapped it up and turned a blind eye to the financial doctoring and seedy goings on within the Tynecastle corridors.

And let's also never forget that infamous statement on Sickback by one of their more demented followers: "Hibs are no longer our rivals!

The voices of dozens of shafted businesses and charities can still be heard above the roar of their "selective memories" hordes.

To this day the shame and stench of that era hangs over their Pink bus shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    On kickback they are saying he didn’t add to Hearts debt, which he inherited from Robinson
    I find that hard to believe
    The debt at administration was over 50% more than the one inherited from Robinson, which was £19.5m. And that was after the various debt for equity swaps, which totalled £22m.

Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 04-11-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The debt at administration was over 50% more than the one inherited from Robinson. And that was after the various debt for equity swaps.

Trust you and your numerical facts, all based on their very own numbers which they had to disclose themselves pre and post administration no doubt

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Trust you and your numerical facts, all based on their very own numbers which they had to disclose themselves pre and post administration no doubt

To be fair, you have to allow for the fact that they couldn't afford batteries for their calculator.

Vlad shafted the jambos remember medals mackay and the yams welcoming him on TV wearing cossack hats comedy 🥇

The debt at administration was over 50% more than the one inherited from Robinson, which was £19.5m. And that was after the various debt for equity swaps, which totalled £22m.

Ta, Thought as much. Some comments over the road seem to think it’s ok to have run up his debt, as they got 2 Cup wins from it

To be fair, you have to allow for the fact that they couldn't afford batteries for their calculator.

Even during the time when they declared themselves "self sufficient "?

Surely not, even the relatively small amount they bumped from the lady Haig Poppy Fund would have covered the cost of a few batteries.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Even during the time when they declared themselves "self sufficient "?

Surely not, even the relatively small amount they bumped from the lady Haig Poppy Fund would have covered the cost of a few batteries.

That was ring-fenced for fax rolls.

That was ring-fenced for fax rolls.

You’re not suggesting he picked the team, are you Crops

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You’re not suggesting he picked the team, are you Crops
    But was there any witnesses?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    But was there any witnesses?
    Lee Wallace and Alan Preston witnessed the whole thing. Said nothing this time though

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!

If you had 40% in a countries biggest bank...he must of had some wealth at some point surely?

Testimonial Due
    I wonder if any of the Scottish Directors of the time could be held complicit in this? Hope so, but I suppose turning a blind eye isn't so much of an extraditable International crime.

Maybe Ewan Murray the Hearts journalist who still lists " . . . . . Vladimir Romanov's stewardship of Heart of Midlothian" as one of his areas of interest in the Guardian can be called as a witness after his amazing investigative journalist skills during that period revealed . . . . . . absolutely f&$k all.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Work with a Lithuanian girl whose Dad lost his job in Kaunas because of Romanov's swindling. Many there did and it's why they moved here as he couldn't support his family. He's really Russian though isn't he? Hopefully falls foul of Putin. But probably checks all the boxes for the bigger Vlad... Unhinged, dodgy and a crook.

Anyone ever connected with Hearts could claim Insanity or acting while the balance of their mind was disturbed.

No jury in the land could convict him.

Sorted. Off scot free.

Wonder if he'll call Lord Foulkesake as a character witness? He investigated Vlad before declaring him as the new Messiah.

The net deficiency of assets per BDO's Statement of Liabilities in Administration lodged at Companies House 2 December 2013 was £43,684,551, which will include losses brought forward accumulated under previous regimes. The revised list of known creditors was finally confirmed as being £33,920,645.30 on 29 November 2015. The revised total was caused by Heriot Watt University having amended their claim, presumably for the full term of the lease agreement rather than merely the arrears.

The debt for equity swaps should be taken together with the inter-company write offs characterised in the accounts in certain other years as "forgiveness of debt" by the parent entity, as both were mechanisms by which debt was transferred to the parent's balance sheet. Taken together, these total £40.7m, so it can be fairly stated that Hearts contributed £84m of losses to the group insolvency which precipitated their administration. This is approximately a quarter of the overall group debt for which Romanov is finally being prosecuted.

This can be corroborated by adding up the net losses before debt restructuring and disposals of intangible assets (i.e. player sales) in the statutory accounts from 31 July 2006 to 30 June 2013, each of the full accounting periods during Romanov's tenure as a shadow director, which total £75.7m. There is a cumulative loss of £1.9m on intangibles in the same period.
    Last edited by FitzAlan; 05-11-2018 at 11:09 AM.